PDA

View Full Version : Motown Museum Fundraising Gala 2010

test

1382hitsville
08-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi All,

Every year the Motown Museum in Detroit hosts a fundraising gala. Since I'm planning my trip to Detroit this year I would like to go to the gala while I'm there. You all know if you book your plane tickets in advance the rates are not too high [[all though 800 USD is still a lot of money).

I've send a mail to the museum to ask if a date for the 2010 gala has been set. This is the reply I've got:

Sorry for the delay in response to your email. Jody Carlson no longer works at the Motown Museum. However, there will be a fundraising gala this year and the details are still being fleshed out. The Motown Museum is celebrating its 25th year as a museum. Details may be further finalized in about 2 months, so you may want to call or email the museum around then.

Thank you,
Michael Renee
Museum Collections Assistant
Tel. [[313)875-2264

Do any of you know more about this?

tomato tom
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Would you not think, with the passing of his sister Esther, who set up the Museum in the first place, that Berry, with all his millions, would just stump up any money needed to ensure it lasts forever? Oh sorry, I forgot, Corporate greed lives on. Paulo xxx

1382hitsville
10-17-2011, 03:23 PM
in 2010 nothing happened....2011 is almost over and still no news about any celebration. Despite all the money, wouldn't it be great to have one big party, celebrating the legacy?

1382hitsville
10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
And I still did not go to Detroit....

motony
10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I thought I had seen pix from the big gala last year that was at the Boston Ave mansion. Mr. Gordy has always said he was not in the museum business.At his age you would think he would want the least amount of headaches.

tomato tom
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
So will the museum go down the pan? like the rest of Detroit, if they cant raise enough money to keep it open? If Berry, like you said, is not in the museum business, and wont open his wallet, what then?.. Paulo xxx