PDA

View Full Version : Dionne Warwick-Plans for 50th Anniversary???????

test

daviddesper
10-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought I would post this question on here because so many of you guys have inside connections and might know the answer. Since Dionne's first record was released in 1962, then it would seem that technically next year would be her 50th anniversary. So what do we know, if anything, about what release[[s) might be planned to commemorate that milestone?

She is long overdue for a truly comprehensive boxed set, but I guess that might be more difficult considering that she was on three different labels for her major recording years, plus other scattered ones since then. But certainly something is being planned.

Ideas? Thoughts? Information?

helga
10-09-2011, 01:47 PM
She will be releasing a new single called, "I Got Yo Numba Hussy". :rolleyes:

marv2
10-10-2011, 12:03 AM
I hope she does to coincide with her newest release. If anyone deserves a special commemoration, it is Dionne Warwick. She is one of the greatest voices of our times. Here is a very rare and too short clip from September 5, 1964:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JIwp4l9U8&feature=related

arrr&bee
10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
What's with all this[fifty years]stuff??[i'm getting old]hehe...but seriously i'd love to see a network special with the wonderful ms.warwick singing her hits!

jack020
10-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Would love to see a boxset with some unreleased tracks [[David Nathan!?)