PDA

View Full Version : Millie Jackson-Some lyric interpretation please?

test

daviddesper
08-23-2010, 06:18 PM
I was listening a few minutes ago to Millie Jackson's "All the Way Lover" and there is a section where I cannot make any sense out of the lyrics. So can you guys help?

She says something about "AB," like maybe "Ain't got to worry about AB no more." Then the next line is something about "Orange bird having a break in his wing" or something to that effect.

I kind of get the idea that it might have something to do with a man leaving his woman and turning gay, but maybe I am way off. Can anyone enlighten me?

sophisticated_soul
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
You got the basic idea. Though this is not a "Bill" [[Peggy Scott-Adams) story. AB refers to Anita Bryant [[she was on her anti-gay rampage at the time). Millie was referencing the desire [[anyone's desire) to do their thing, when she references not worrying about AB anymore. Orange Bird references the orange juice company AB was a representative for. I believe what she say's ". . .you ain't got to worry about AB if you decide to do that now. Cause she's got enough problems of her own, she's gonna go out and commit suicide when she find's out that orange got a break in his wing too". The way I interpet the lyric is that when AB finds out someone close to her is gay, well that may be difficult for her. Anyway that's my read. I love Millie.

midnight johnny
08-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Well...such a deafening silence...
SS...thank you for explaining...I didn't know what it meant either.

sophisticated_soul
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
You're welcome John. I'm pretty sure that's the right answer, especially if you listen to the lyrics that come before and after. But I didn't think my post would end the conversation before it started! LOL. It was a very popular song/album, I thought there might be other interpretations.