PDA

View Full Version : New Motown Book?

test

tomato tom
09-26-2011, 12:46 PM
:cool:Browsing my local Independant book store, and I came across this little gem, that I have never seen or heard of before. Its called MOTOWN IN LOVE- Lyrics From The Golden Era. By. Herb Jordan.
Basically, Its an A-Z Of the lyrics of Motown songs published by Jobete and associated publishers, i.e Stone Diamond. Starting at Aint No Mountain High Enough and ending with Youve Really Got A Hold On Me, and about a hundred in between. Also there are some fabulous black and white pics of The Marvelettes, The Miracles, Martha & The Vandellas, Mary Wells and so on, that I have never seen before. Its published by pantheon book, new york. And has a great introduction chapter by Herb Jordan. If you like Motown, you will LOVE this...and to think I wasnt gonna go out today...Paulo xxxx:cool:

bradsupremes
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM
This book has been out for several years.

tomato tom
09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Thats why I put this on this thread, so other people might find out about this Gem. As I HAD NEVER SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT IT, OK?

motony
09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
thanks, Paulo I'll have to check it out.I don't remember it but it must have slipped by me somehow.

pj1
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
For those who have not yet bought it, it may be worth your while to visit Half-Price Books, if there is one near you.
I've seen new copies [[overstock) priced quite reasonably and even a few of the same stock in the Clearance section for $1 or $2.

tamla617
09-26-2011, 02:37 PM
paulo
thanks,i've never heard of it either.there are loads of books.pictures,vids,you name it out there and not everybody has heard of everything motown.
nobody would post any info if they thought it was "old news".you know the score learn something new everyday [[ on here i do!) and sdf it should be the mission statement!thanks again

tomato tom
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you tamla617..I appreciate your comments. I was just trying to make some Motown fans out there aware of what is out there, as you indeed stated. I was over the moon to just stumble across it, never having known about it. I would hope other members of this forum could inform me and others of similar finds. Best wishes always Paulo xxx

bradsupremes
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Thats why I put this on this thread, so other people might find out about this Gem. As I HAD NEVER SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT IT, OK?

No need to shout and get defensive, Paulo. I was just saying that it had been out for several years. I assumed other people knew about it.

tomato tom
09-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Sorry, did not mean to seem abusive. It is just that I like to share what I find out, and..well yiu know..Paulo xxx

Motown4Ever518
09-26-2011, 06:04 PM
The thing I love about the book is that it can make "Shotgun" poetic. Just kidding, just kidding, that song is not in the book. I just went down and reached up to the top shelf of the Motown Wing of my bookcase to verify . But it is in my opinion a needed respite from the he said/she said tell all books. Fran Heards book, "I Remember Motown When We Were Just Family" which came out last year was a lot on the slim side, but her perspective, [[unlike most of us, she was there), was to me very warm and had some photos that I had never seen before.

marv2
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I had not heard of it before either, Thanks Paulo!!!