PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Starring as Lena Horne,[[a tribute)Sept 29th,2011 Los angeles Ca

test

REDHOT
09-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Mary Wilson Starring as Lena Horne,as a tribute to the late great Miss Horne,i'v been hearing a lot of good things,about this show,Mary will be doing one show only,on Sept 29th,2011,here in Los Angeles Ca,at the Musican Institute,i can't wait to see Mary in this show,hope to see you[[fans) there.[[smile)
Please stay positive

marv2
09-21-2011, 09:17 AM
I do hope that they bring the show here to New York.

Roberta75
09-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Mary Wilson Starring as Lena Horne,as a tribute to the late great Miss Horne,i'v been hearing a lot of good things,about this show,Mary will be doing one show only,on Sept 29th,2011,here in Los Angeles Ca,at the Musican Institute,i can't wait to see Mary in this show,hope to see you[[fans) there.[[smile)
Please stay positive

Based on this clip you are in for a really good evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLirsJOKc8

marv2
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Based on this clip you are in for a really good evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubLirsJOKc8

Mary is a superb performer and vocalist. The type that has the ability to interpret just about any style of music and arrangement. This will be a top class show all the way!

REDHOT
09-21-2011, 07:09 PM
I wonder if this project will, ever make it to Broadway,wouldn't it be something,Mary Wilson starring,as Lena Horne,on Broadway,i can dream,if i want to.[[smile)
Please stay positive

marv2
09-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I wonder if this project will, ever make it to Broadway,wouldn't it be something,Mary Wilson starring,as Lena Horne,on Broadway,i can dream,if i want to.[[smile)
Please stay positive

Well it is not too far of a stretch. Mary has done off Broadway productions [[Grandma's Sylvia's Funeral in '96
) and a ton of other stage plays over the years beginnning with "Beehive".

atcsm
09-21-2011, 09:54 PM
A "ton" of other stage plays? That's a lot!

marv2
09-22-2011, 05:43 AM
A "ton" of other stage plays? That's a lot!

There sure were. I will list them tomorrow.

luke
09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Vagina Monologues; Idelas Shack[[or something like that!)

marv2
09-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Vagina Monologues; Idelas Shack[[or something like that!)

Idella's Soul Shack Luke.

Also: Supreme Soul [[with Tommy Nillson)
Leader of the Pack
Sophisticated Ladies
Mother Hubbard

smark21
09-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Hope this works out for her and that she and James Garvin get more bookings for this show. Mary seems to have a number of projects out there: Her own solo show, the Lena Horne show, the upcoming Bill Wyman tour [[hopefully she'll singing some material that will be new for her), and the Gowns collection.

marv2
09-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Hope this works out for her and that she and James Garvin get more bookings for this show. Mary seems to have a number of projects out there: Her own solo show, the Lena Horne show, the upcoming Bill Wyman tour [[hopefully she'll singing some material that will be new for her), and the Gowns collection.

and the coffee table book and a big surprise coming up for next year!

marv2
09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
A poster from the show:

atcsm
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM
A poster from the show:

This is not an attack, but that is the cover of the book. The posters I've seen for the show include a picture of Mary, and it's quite lovely.

Roberta75
09-23-2011, 10:10 AM
This is not an attack, but that is the cover of the book. The posters I've seen for the show include a picture of Mary, and it's quite lovely.

Correct atcsm. The poster promoting the show has a lovely photo of Ms. Horne in the background with Ms. Mary Wilson in the foreground. I think the shot of Mary is from her Sophisticated Ladies tour.

marv2
09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Correct atcsm. The poster promoting the show has a lovely photo of Ms. Horne in the background with Ms. Mary Wilson in the foreground. I think the shot of Mary is from her Sophisticated Ladies tour.

I saw that too. Very pretty huh?

REDHOT
09-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Mary Wilson is a class act,[[no matter what)i wonder if she'll sing songs,from her Up Close Show,i'm a big Fan of Miss Wilson,i can't wait,to see this show.
Please stay positive

thommg
09-24-2011, 05:55 PM
This is more of a cabaret show than a real musical so if it comes to New York it wouldn't be Broadway. That said, there are many rroms that could hold the show and I hope it gets a NY engagement.

This is the image used for the show:

dianesfan_1965
09-24-2011, 06:01 PM
and the coffee table book and a big surprise coming up for next year!

Oh don't be sly! What's the surprise for next year? You little tease!

marv2
09-24-2011, 06:01 PM
This is more of a cabaret show than a real musical so if it comes to New York it wouldn't be Broadway. That said, there are many rroms that could hold the show and I hope it gets a NY engagement.

This is the image used for the show:

Feintein's at the Regency, Christmas Week would be perfect!

marv2
09-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh don't be sly! What's the surprise for next year? You little tease!

She's gonna have twins. Now go back to sleep.

dianesfan_1965
09-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Mary Wilson is a class act,[[no matter what)i wonder if she'll sing songs,from her Up Close Show,i'm a big Fan of Miss Wilson,i can't wait,to see this show.
Please stay positive

I hope she brings her Up Close show to P-Town or some place on The Cape someday.

I'll stay positive that it happens.

Roberta75
09-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Feintein's at the Regency, Christmas Week would be perfect!

Not going to happen. Michael Feinstein and Barbara Cook are booked for the month of December. Maybe next year. Dare to dream babe.

http://feinsteinsattheregency.com/calendar.php?year=2011&month=12

smark21
09-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Not going to happen. Michael Feinstein and Barbara Cook are booked for the month of December. Maybe next year. Dare to dream babe.

http://feinsteinsattheregency.com/calendar.php?year=2011&month=12

Does Barbara Cook have a Golden Halo Award?

Roberta75
09-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Does Barbara Cook have a Golden Halo Award?

I doubt it smark21. Golden Halo Awards are only given out to the cream of the entertainment industry. I'm baffled as to why the Golden Halo Awards isn't televised.

dianesfan_1965
09-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I doubt it smark21. Golden Halo Awards are only given out to the cream of the entertainment industry. I'm baffled as to why the Golden Halo Awards isn't televised.

Shirley with all the well known people on this forum SOMEONE will pick up the ball and produce a show. And stop calling me Shirley.

REDHOT
09-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Mary Wilson has staying power, in the entertainmedt industry.that's one of the reasons,i love her,shes been in entertainment all her life,[[that's all she knows)i really think that she was born to entertain,no matter what,Mary doing a tribute to The Great Lena Horne,is gonna be a treat,again,i can't wait to see it.i just love The Supremes,from the 70s.[[smile)
Please stay positive