PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Sept 20, 9P-12M ET: "The Motown Story According to....

test

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM

Good Evening, Mr and Mrs America and all the ships at sea! No...not Walter Winchell here...it's only me...

Tonight, I have for you a reprise of a show from 11/7/06. The lady I am chatting with is the remarkable, unmistakable, and absolutely wonderful Blinky Williams! Blinky, along with her late husband William, spent the whole show with me. Blinky shared so much about the Motown we didn't know, as well as her career in gospel, her involvement in "Lady Sings The Blues", Las Vegas, her time in Viet Nam, and so much more. Charming and so very candid, Blinky remains one of my favorite guests. She and I have been in touch and we are making arrangements to have her on the show very soon, again...after all...it's been almost 5 years since she graced the airwaves with me. So, join me tonight for "The Motown Story According to Blinky Williams"...including her great music...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)

Thanks!
John

RossHolloway
09-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Has it really been 5 years??

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Has it really been 5 years??

Ross...I know....seems like only yesterday....

sophisticated_soul
09-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey Johnny, I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-ck! Five years ago? Are you sure we weren't reBlinkied a couple years or so ago? My memory. . . oh well doesn't matter, it's one of your best interviews, definitely worth hearing again. And for those who will hear it for the first time, what a treat! I'm looking forward to the show my friend.:cool:

RossHolloway
09-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey Johnny, I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-ck! Five years ago? Are you sure we weren't reBlinkied a couple years or so ago? My memory. . . oh well doesn't matter, it's one of your best interviews, definitely worth hearing again. And for those who will hear it for the first time, what a treat! I'm looking forward to the show my friend.:cool:

Yea, I seem to remember listening to bits of this interview sometime last year or the year before. Still a good interview.

sophisticated_soul
09-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Yea, I seem to remember listening to bits of this interview sometime last year or the year before. Still a good interview.

Yes it's one of Johnny's best. I'm really looking forward to hearing it again. . .and the great songs!:cool:

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 07:30 PM

JoSEPh!!!! WeLCoMe bACk!!!!! I don't trust my brain with these things, so I write them down on the CD...almost 5 years.

sophisticated_soul
09-20-2011, 08:02 PM
JoSEPh!!!! WeLCoMe bACk!!!!! I don't trust my brain with these things, so I write them down on the CD...almost 5 years.

Wow! I was still in my 50's! LOL!!!!!!!!!:p;):cool:

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Wow! I was still in my 50's! LOL!!!!!!!!!:p;):cool:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa! Weren't you in your 50's IN the 50's? [[.....yuk yuk yuk)

patty tomato
09-20-2011, 09:05 PM
hey here i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sophisticated_soul
09-20-2011, 09:07 PM
They locked you out Johnny!?! Boo!:p

texassoul
09-20-2011, 09:18 PM
John, present and accounted for SIR!!! ;o)

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome, Patty!!!!

Joseph...if I let myself.....I could be HIGHLY pissed!

Mike....at ease, PRIVATE! [[welcome, there, my fine bucko!)

texassoul
09-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Welcome, Patty!!!!

Joseph...if I let myself.....I could be HIGHLY pissed!

Mike....at ease, PRIVATE! [[welcome, there, my fine bucko!)

Flashback to my childhood days at summer camp!!

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 09:38 PM
...I'm sorry...and Hello to everybody. That lockout really screwed me up.....

MotownLover
09-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey John, Howard from Long Beach, California here!

I'm enjoying the show with Blinky!

May her long overdue CD soon see the light of day!

Long Live All Things Motown!

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
motownlover...GREAT to see you here....and thank you! And also...THANK YOU!

That ReelMusic cd is a little LATE....

carole cucumber
09-20-2011, 11:12 PM
A LITTLE LATE!!!! I've stopped shaving my armpits.... I now have beautiful braids.
I'll shave them again when Blinky gets her due.

Dodge
09-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi John, sorry im late, here now :-) Hi Everyone

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 11:31 PM
A LITTLE LATE!!!! I've stopped shaving my armpits.... I now have beautiful braids.
I'll shave them again when Blinky gets her due.

I can't place the name....but the sensibility seems familiar....welcome....back....

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi John, sorry im late, here now :-) Hi Everyone

Hey there Dodge! Welcome!

midnight johnny
09-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Well...we're getting close to the end...and I just want to thank you all....Joseph and Patty and Howard [[and thanks for your pledge! and Dodge and Carole....thanks for being here and for listening....see you next week on the radio, Folks! Much appreciated!

sophisticated_soul
09-20-2011, 11:49 PM
It's really great hearing this interview again John. Blinky is such a wonderful person, it would be great having her back for a new interview.:cool:

sophisticated_soul
09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Great show John, see you next week. Thanks everybody!:)

midnight johnny
09-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Great show John, see you next week. Thanks everybody!:)

Thank you, Mr M.!