PDA

View Full Version : Ed Sullivan Motown Artists DVDS released 9/13/2011

test

woodward
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Just a reminder that the 3 Ed Sullivan DVDs are scheduled to be released today. I just ordered all 3 this morning through www.importcds.com. They are the cheapest of all sources; including Amazon, CD Universe, and Deep Discount. They are offering a very cheap price through September 16, 2011. Although you still have to pay shipping the first item is $2.99 and each additional item is only $1.49. The price of both the Supremes and the Temptations is $8.99 and the Motown Gold is $12.59. If you buy only the first two DVDs, you will save an average of $4.11 over the average of the other three suppliers. A great savings on these items through Import CDs.

The Doctor Temptation
09-13-2011, 12:30 PM
For the first time on DVD, this collection offers the Temptations' very best Ed Sullivan Show performances. Included here is the group's very first appearance in May 1967, in which they performed a medley of hits including "My Girl" and "[[I Know) I'm Losing You." Other songs featured are the group's No. 1 hit "I Can't Get Next to You," a playful version of "You've Made Me So Very Happy," the Top Ten hit "Psychedelic Shack," and the 1969 hit single "Runaway Child, Running Wild" with Dennis Edwards replacing David Ruffin. The Temptations' last performance on The Ed Sullivan Show [[1971) is also included, broadcast just a few months before the show went off the air, in which they performed "Get Ready" and their No. 1 hit "Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)."

Tracks

1. Medley: Girl [[Why You Wanna Make Me Blue), All I Need, My Girl, I'm Losing You

2. Don't Look Back

3. Medley with The Supremes: Get Ready, Stop! In The Name of Love, My Guy, Baby Love, I'm Losing You

4. Runaway Child, Running Wild

5. I Can't Get Next To You

6. You've Made Me So Very Happy

7. Psychedelic Shack

8. Get Ready

9. Medley: Ain't No Mountain High Enough, I'll Be There, My Sweet Lord

10. Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)

BONUS

11.Hello Young Lovers

12. Autumn Leaves

http://temptsinfo.com/smilies/clapping.gif http://temptsinfo.com/smilies/clapping.gif http://temptsinfo.com/smilies/clapping.gif http://temptsinfo.com/smilies/clapping.gif

RossHolloway
09-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Can't wait to get these dvds.

Roberta75
09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Just a reminder that the 3 Ed Sullivan DVDs are scheduled to be released today. I just ordered all 3 this morning through www.importcds.com. They are the cheapest of all sources; including Amazon, CD Universe, and Deep Discount. They are offering a very cheap price through September 16, 2011. Although you still have to pay shipping the first item is $2.99 and each additional item is only $1.49. The price of both the Supremes and the Temptations is $8.99 and the Motown Gold is $12.59. If you buy only the first two DVDs, you will save an average of $4.11 over the average of the other three suppliers. A great savings on these items through Import CDs.

Thank you I will order them on Friday.

Koach
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I got the Motown Gold one through my record store on Sunday. I quite liked it.

pj1
09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
If there is not a Wherehouse in your state [[hence no sales tax), www.wherehouse.com, is actually slightly cheaper using the free shipping code FSWHSEPT.

REDHOT
09-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I got just got THE BEST OF THE SUPREMES,on THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW,It is great to have,as a SUPREME FAN,But there's no booklet,i'm still happy to have it,no matter what.
Please stay positive

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 12:22 AM
I've got all three on the way from amazon..

Kamasu_Jr
09-17-2011, 10:48 AM
[The Motown Gold On Ed Sullivan was better than I thought it would be. I've been playing it all week now. Though I have other Motown/Sullivan DVDS, there were was actually a few things I had not seen before.

Jimi LaLumia
09-17-2011, 04:51 PM
The Temps and The Sups DVDs are DIVINE!...am now ordering the Motown Gold from Amazon..

thommg
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I hope this means that they are selling well.... I went into Best Buy last night to pick up the new Supremes on Sullivan DVD and they had a big hole where the DVD's should have been. There were 2 copies of the Temptations on Sullivan and about 5 copies of the older Temptations DVD's. The older Supremes release was there with 3 copies in the bin. I may have to order the DVD online but I really like sorting through bins.... Yes, I am old.

captainjames
10-01-2011, 11:42 AM
These are a treat to have even if we don't have all the performances by them. Watching "Love is Like A Itching in my Heart" is so great. Catch the girls wearing the same wig and Diana yelling "Go Mary".

captainjames
10-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know how many times Martha Reeves and The Vandellas and Gladys Knight and The Pips appeared on the Ed Sullivan show ?

motown01
10-03-2011, 01:06 PM
As far as I know, Gladys & The Pips appeared four times on Sullivan. The first doing Grapevine, The End Of Our Road. Then the By The Time I Get To Phoenix/Stop & Get A Hold of Myself performance, then they performed Grapevine again on the Veteran's Hospital show, and lastly the If I Were Your Woman performance.

Martha & The Vandellas only appeared once.