PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Birdsong on RTL and Motown 25

test

Pages : [1] 2

luke
09-11-2011, 09:31 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/2009/01/former-supreme-cindy-birdsong.html interview from 2009.

Jimi LaLumia
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM
I spent an afternoon with Cindy in the 80's for a magazine interview, when she was managed by Bernard Jay[[who also managed Divine) and Cindy had a single called "Dancing Room" that she was pushing; delightful, sweet lady, I hope a real reunion happens to bring this history to a proper, once and for all ,finale..Miss Ross has certainly found herself again with this brilliant, never ending 2 years tour she's been on, God Bless her..

randy_russi
09-12-2011, 07:43 AM
It was ashame when she was basically fired [[like Florence) when I thought she, Mary and Scherrie made a great line-up!

stephanie
09-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Cindy was always the odd woman out. She was always there when needed and it seems like she never got a fair shake. I like her a lot and she was a great replacement for Flo especially during the intricate dance routines when they became Diana Ross and the Supremes. Go Cindy.

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
and most hurtfully, on separate occassions, both Ross and Wilson said that "Cindy was never really A Supreme"...real nice

jobeterob
09-13-2011, 02:11 AM
They just said that because effectively, the group was over when Florence left; Berry was just having Diana "bide her time" before leaving.

jillfoster
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
As much grief as people gave Mary for not taking the offer... the 4 million figure in the article is the one she DID finally take, and then they told her "forget it". But although it seems foolish to US, because none of us make that kind of money.... let's say you were in a business partnership with 2 other people, and you weren't paid with a salary... you were paid a pecentage... 33 percent. Then years and years after youv'e moved on, you are approached to go back to the old partnership, except this time... you are only going to make 10 percent. Would you all go back to your old job for a pay cut? Diana made this comment on 20/20, "I could give her to moon and it wouldn't be enough", which is totally ridiculous... because all Mary wanted was to work under the same terms she did before. Go back to your old job for the same pay.

marv2
09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
As much grief as people gave Mary for not taking the offer... the 4 million figure in the article is the one she DID finally take, and then they told her "forget it". But although it seems foolish to US, because none of us make that kind of money.... let's say you were in a business partnership with 2 other people, and you weren't paid with a salary... you were paid a pecentage... 33 percent. Then years and years after youv'e moved on, you are approached to go back to the old partnership, except this time... you are only going to make 10 percent. Would you all go back to your old job for a pay cut? Diana made this comment on 20/20, "I could give her to moon and it wouldn't be enough", which is totally ridiculous... because all Mary wanted was to work under the same terms she did before. Go back to your old job for the same pay.

When Diane made the comment about "We could give her the moon and it wouldn't be enough"...... it ranked as one of the all time dumbest things she's said publicly and it completely sealed hers and that tours fate! She destroyed it all with that one......

carlo
09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Would you all go back to your old job for a pay cut? Diana made this comment on 20/20, "I could give her to moon and it wouldn't be enough", which is totally ridiculous... because all Mary wanted was to work under the same terms she did before. Go back to your old job for the same pay.

Good point.

floyjoy678
09-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I think Diana and Mary made the comment of "Cindy not being a real Supreme" due to the fact that the original line-up in their eyes and many fans eyes was the most important one and the three of them had a special bond, Cindy was placed in the group under business circumstances.

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2011, 07:14 PM
so I guess from this point of view, Jean Terrell and everyone that followed were never really Supremes either?...Please..the FANS will decide who we recognize as really being Supremes, thank you very much..and to the fans, Cindy Birdsong is REALLY a SUPREME!!!

skooldem1
09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
I get the feeling that to Mary and Diana; Mary, Florence and Diana are Supremes and all others are replacements. Legit Supremes, but replacements none the less. But didn't Diana try to explain it by saying that they all thought that she would be a "temporary" Supreme because they all thought maybe just maybe Florence would straighten up and come back? Could that really have been the plan, but when the lawsuits started flying, everything changed?

skooldem1
09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I get fuzzy on all these stories. Didn't Cindy come in for a show or two and then Florence resumed her spot? Maybe that was the "temporary", but by all accounts by then Florence and the group were never really the same. So that was when the decision became final that she had to go? In the end Mary and Diana can think what they want about themselves, each other, and the rest of the ladies.

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
and the fans, who bought the records and attended the shows, can and will think what they want: Ross flip flopped like a politician with RTL anyway, because when she needed them to be,Lynda and Scherrie were suddenly as much "Supremes" as anyone else had ever been..
it's make up the rules to suit your purpose and then change the rules when you need them to be changed,which ultimately means that none of the pronouncements of Ross or Wilson are anything other than temporary sound bytes

smark21
09-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Would you consider Lynda Lawrence a real Supreme?

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2011, 09:08 PM
for the period of time that she was in the group, she didn't have a sign that said 'space filler' hanging around her neck when she was on stage;
and during RTL, Miss Ross annointed her as a Supreme, now didn't she?

Jimi LaLumia
09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
and if Lynda and all the 70's girls were 'fill ins', who were they filling in for? when they were performing songs that were chart hits in the 70's that they had recorded, were those hits actually the property of Ballard and Ross? I don't think so..

captainjames
09-14-2011, 12:11 AM
I remember during this mess that Mary said it WASN”T about the money and now all I hear is that it WAS about the money. All I can say is I wish Cindy would had done her own negotiations. There were also comments made on national TV about who was more of a Supreme………………….come on, for real though? How do you position yourself higher than any other group member? There were a lot of egos flying during this time. The only true statement that you can make regarding Scherrie, Lynda, Jean, Susaye, and Cindy is that they were not ORIGINAL Supremes but they were Supremes.

Also, I do believe Mary and Diana thought in their hearts and minds that Flo would one day return but Berry Gordy had other plans. In my opinion I think this was his way to keep them moving and to shut up. However, temporary is a long stretch because remember Cindy quit the Bluebells and there was no turning back to them.

Last, I saw RTL and it was one of the best Original lead Supreme member and two replacement members Supremes [[LOL) that I have ever seen. This was a class act show. There were a couple times that I thought about Flo but that was it. There were other reasons surrounding why this show had to terminate and it had to do with what was going on behind the scenes and not because Mary and Cindy were not there.

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 12:21 AM
well, all I know is that I didn't buy a ticket or support the tour BECAUSE Mary and Cindy were not there, and the same for true for all the dates where tickets sales were poor and everything was falling apart;
even if Ross/Wilson/Birdsong had done a one night only/pay per view type event with a DVD and 'live' CD that followed,all three of them would have benefited greatly long after the show/tour had concluded

floyjoy678
09-14-2011, 02:41 AM
All I am implying is that maybe in Diana and Mary's head the Supremes are Diana, Mary and Florence. That how it is to me. Dont get me wrong I loved Cindy and thought she was a perfect replacement for Flo but after Florence left the group it was no longer the Supremes, it was Diana and two backup singers and I'm glad that both Diana and Mary recognize that.

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 05:52 AM
I hear you, but in reality, by the middle of 1965 and thereafter it was ALREADY Diana and two backup singers; that's why Flo's situation turned out the way it did

rod_rick
09-14-2011, 08:37 AM
I remember during this mess that Mary said it WASN”T about the money and now all I hear is that it WAS about the money. All I can say is I wish Cindy would had done her own negotiations. There were also comments made on national TV about who was more of a Supreme………………….come on, for real though? How do you position yourself higher than any other group member? There were a lot of egos flying during this time. The only true statement that you can make regarding Scherrie, Lynda, Jean, Susaye, and Cindy is that they were not ORIGINAL Supremes but they were Supremes.

Also, I do believe Mary and Diana thought in their hearts and minds that Flo would one day return but Berry Gordy had other plans. In my opinion I think this was his way to keep them moving and to shut up. However, temporary is a long stretch because remember Cindy quit the Bluebells and there was no turning back to them.

Last, I saw RTL and it was one of the best Original lead Supreme member and two replacement members Supremes [[LOL) that I have ever seen. This was a class act show. There were a couple times that I thought about Flo but that was it. There were other reasons surrounding why this show had to terminate and it had to do with what was going on behind the scenes and not because Mary and Cindy were not there.

After seeing RTL [[on tape) there was something missing, that only Mary & Cindy could have brought [[imo). I've seen the FLos, Mary and Diana do their live shows, but it's something about the dynamics of DMC on stage that would have made RTL a total hit. Scherrie and Lynda are great performers, but the closet thing to the original is DMC. It would be nice to see them do a 1 time performance, but a tour, NO WAY.

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
that's what I'm saying, a tour would have been too much, but a one night, pay per view event followed by deluxe CD/DVD would have made everyone happy and DMC a bit more wealthy and better positioned for whatever was next

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 09:06 AM
RTL was 11 years ago. Diana, Mary, Cindy, Lynda and Scherrie have all moved on. What a pity the fans can't.

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I hear you, but in reality, by the middle of 1965 and thereafter it was ALREADY Diana and two backup singers; that's why Flo's situation turned out the way it did

"Flo's situation" Whatever do you mean?

marv2
09-14-2011, 09:12 AM

Yes that is what happened pretty much.

marv2
09-14-2011, 09:14 AM
well, all I know is that I didn't buy a ticket or support the tour BECAUSE Mary and Cindy were not there, and the same for true for all the dates where tickets sales were poor and everything was falling apart;
even if Ross/Wilson/Birdsong had done a one night only/pay per view type event with a DVD and 'live' CD that followed,all three of them would have benefited greatly long after the show/tour had concluded

Same for me. By the time that concert reached Long Island, it had been cancelled for Jones Beach due to a lack of ticket sales. I cannot remember a show ever being cancelled there because of no interest.

RossHolloway
09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
RTL was 11 years ago. Diana, Mary, Cindy, Lynda and Scherrie have all moved on. What a pity the fans can't.

*THIS* I think it's because some people have no life outside of this message board.

marybrewster
09-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh boy. Back to RTL.

Concerts get cancelled all the time, due to low ticket sales.

Lady Ga-Ga

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-kanye-wests-fame-kills-tour-killed-by-poor-sales-20091002

Kelly Clarkson

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/american_idol/2007_Jun_15_kelly_tour_cancelled

Diddy

http://www.blackmediascoop.com/2011/04/27/diddy-investigated-by-nyc-cops-shows-axed-due-to-low-sales/

X-Tina

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/25/christina-aguilera-cancels-summer-tour/

Idol

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/370442/idols-become-idle-several-american-idol-tour-dates-canceled/

Babs

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message304284/pg1

Rihanna

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/international/2011/rihanna-loud-tour-low-ticket-sales-230311-aid0062.html

So, it's not that all uncommon.

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 12:53 PM
oh, please...move on?...Sports fans still discuss and debate moments in sports history from decades ago,and real music FANS are just as passionate about this genre as sports fans are about their's,,and this WAS a major moment in Motown history,as THE SUPREMES was Gordy's Motown flagship, as they say...
so if you don't want to discuss it, you can move on,as if this debacle never happened...it DID happen,and obviously sent Ross into a funk for quite a while..and it will most likely continue to be discussed..and you'll just have to get over it!...lol

motony
09-14-2011, 01:05 PM
I saw the RTL in Tampa with about 8,000 others & it was great.Ofcourse it would have been greater if Mary & Cindy had been there. It was an EXPENSIVE show to produce. They sure could have done without the dancers & other hangers on to save money BUT Diana, Scherrie & Lynda were nothing less then sensational.I still think Mary & Cindy should have done it.They may never have that chance again.

marv2
09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
oh, please...move on?...Sports fans still discuss and debate moments in sports history from decades ago,and real music FANS are just as passionate about this genre as sports fans are about their's,,and this WAS a major moment in Motown history,as THE SUPREMES was Gordy's Motown flagship, as they say...
so if you don't want to discuss it, you can move on,as if this debacle never happened...it DID happen,and obviously sent Ross into a funk for quite a while..and it will most likely continue to be discussed..and you'll just have to get over it!...lol

Jimi, it is my understanding that whenever you touch upon a subject that someone doesn't like too much, you are to move on. Let it go. Get over it. I personally do not believe in that. Move on? To where? RTL was one of the biggest Motown related stories of the last 20 years!

marv2
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Concerts may get cancelled routinely, but whole tours? Tours that were super well publicized for months? I don't think so!

jillfoster
09-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Amen to that! Everyone who want to move on, just want to pretend it didn't happen, and they also want to pretend that Mary didn't have the power to destroy that tour, which she did. simple as that. Mary herself said she didn't feel she destroyes that tour, but I'm here to tell you she DID. Reviews about Diana sounding hoarse and forgetting her lyrics didn't help matters, either. People aren't going to spend 100$ of their hard earned money to see that kind of thing.

marv2
09-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I saw the RTL in Tampa with about 8,000 others & it was great.Ofcourse it would have been greater if Mary & Cindy had been there. It was an EXPENSIVE show to produce. They sure could have done without the dancers & other hangers on to save money BUT Diana, Scherrie & Lynda were nothing less then sensational.I still think Mary & Cindy should have done it.They may never have that chance again.

I read where they were only able to sell 3,000 tickets in Columbus, Ohio.

marv2
09-14-2011, 01:14 PM
It got so bad that Jay Leno joked and ridiculed the Return to Love Tour almost nightly on the Tonight Show.

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
It got so bad that Jay Leno joked and ridiculed the Return to Love Tour almost nightly on the Tonight Show.

Oh you must have loved that.

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh boy. Back to RTL.

Concerts get cancelled all the time, due to low ticket sales.

Lady Ga-Ga

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-kanye-wests-fame-kills-tour-killed-by-poor-sales-20091002

Kelly Clarkson

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/american_idol/2007_Jun_15_kelly_tour_cancelled

Diddy

http://www.blackmediascoop.com/2011/04/27/diddy-investigated-by-nyc-cops-shows-axed-due-to-low-sales/

X-Tina

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/25/christina-aguilera-cancels-summer-tour/

Idol

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/370442/idols-become-idle-several-american-idol-tour-dates-canceled/

Babs

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message304284/pg1

Rihanna

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/international/2011/rihanna-loud-tour-low-ticket-sales-230311-aid0062.html

So, it's not that all uncommon.

Exactly marybrewster. And it's not the end of the world contrary to what a few Supremes fans think.

dianesfan_1965
09-14-2011, 01:38 PM
RTL was a national disgrace!

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 02:21 PM
RTL was a national disgrace!

Oh yes it's right up there with Enron, Iran Contra, the Federal Government's response to Hurricane Katriana and Watergate.

marybrewster
09-14-2011, 02:23 PM
oh yes it's right up there with enron, iran contra, the federal government's response to hurricane katriana and watergate.

lol.

RossHolloway
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh yes it's right up there with Enron, Iran Contra, the Federal Government's response to Hurricane Katriana and Watergate.

You do know that some people just have nothing else to live for and so reliving an event from 10 years ago is all they can cling to I guess. Some how I seriously doubt that Diana, Mary, Cindy, Lynda or any other Supreme gives RTL even a passing thought in 2011...

marybrewster
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Exactly marybrewster. And it's not the end of the world contrary to what a few Supremes fans think.

And it's not as though the whole tour was cancelled; I believe almost half of the dates were played.

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh you must have loved that.

The part I really loved is when he took his cameras around Burbank and asked everyone from Truck drivers, Frat guys to overweight matrons to try out for the Supremes tour! LOL! He had them dress up as potential Supremes and sing "Baby Love" LOL!!!!!

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 02:38 PM
The part I really loved is when he took his cameras around Burbank and asked everyone from Truck drivers, Frat guys to overweight matrons to try out for the Supremes tour! LOL! He had them dress up as potential Supremes and sing "Baby Love" LOL!!!!!

Oh my goodness that is too funny. LOL

Bet you wished you could have been one of the truck drivers or overweight matrons. LOL

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Amen to that! Everyone who want to move on, just want to pretend it didn't happen, and they also want to pretend that Mary didn't have the power to destroy that tour, which she did. simple as that. Mary herself said she didn't feel she destroyes that tour, but I'm here to tell you she DID. Reviews about Diana sounding hoarse and forgetting her lyrics didn't help matters, either. People aren't going to spend 100$ of their hard earned money to see that kind of thing.

Oh she crushed that tour! But it should have never went out to begin with once they could not reach an agreement with Mary and Cindy Birdsong. No one other than die-hard Diana Ross fans were really interested in seeing it. They couldn't even give away enough tickets in Connecticut or Long Island to keep it from being cancelled.

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 02:40 PM
You do know that some people just have nothing else to live for and so reliving an event from 10 years ago is all they can cling to I guess. Some how I seriously doubt that Diana, Mary, Cindy, Lynda or any other Supreme gives RTL even a passing thought in 2011...

Exactly RossHolloway.

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh my goodness that is too funny. LOL

Bet you wished you could have been one of the truck drivers or overweight matrons. LOL

Nope I didn't wish that . I just wished diane and her promoters could have seen the bigger picture.........!

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Exactly RossHolloway.

NAH, that's not true. Mary Wilson was asked about RTL a little over a month ago by a New York Times reporter. Sure it was all 10 years ago, but I have seen people discussing "The Wiz" which has been like 33 years ago.

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Nope I didn't wish that . I just wished diane and her promoters could have seen the bigger picture.........!

Oh well.........there you go. Still good that Jay Leno's making fun of RTL can still have you laughing out loud 11 years later.

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
And it's not as though the whole tour was cancelled; I believe almost half of the dates were played.

Sure almost half the dates were fulfilled ............playing to less than half filled venues!

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh well.........there you go. Still good that Jay Leno's making fun of RTL can still have you laughing out loud 11 years later.

If i can find the tape of him showing Diana onstage singing and then cuts to a completely empty stadium and states something like " If you are looking for something peaceful and quiet to do this weekend where you can be alone, try attending the Diana Ross & the Supremes Return to Love concert! hehehehehehehe!

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Sure almost half the dates were fulfilled ............playing to less than half filled venues!

A bit like the Mary Wilson/Chillites UK tour earlier this year? Happens to everyone at some point in their career. No biggie at the end of the day. Mary and Diana are both survivors.

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 02:50 PM
If i can find the tape of him showing Diana onstage singing and then cuts to a completely empty stadium and states something like " If you are looking for something peaceful and quiet to do this weekend where you can be alone, try attending the Diana Ross & the Supremes Return to Love concert! hehehehehehehe!

Well isn't Jay hysterically funny? I'm not sure I could take all that hilarious fun without bursting. Maybe you could post some clips so we could all LOL with you.

marv2
09-14-2011, 02:54 PM
A bit like the Mary Wilson/Chillites UK tour earlier this year? Happens to everyone at some point in their career. No biggie at the end of the day. Mary and Diana are both survivors.

I don't know anything about that because I live in America and was living here when we were NOT in a recession back in 2000 when the "Return to Love Tour" was announced! Mary must have been doing a decent amount of business because her tour DID NOT get cancelled and she will back over there later this year for something like 40 more dates! Oh yeah. She is the Supreme Survivor!

floyjoy678
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I remember when Leno poked fun at the tour and it was pretty funny. The one that sticks out in my mind was when they showed Diana singing "Love Child" then it showed "Lynda" and "Scherrie" at their microphones with their hands tied behind their backs and duct tape over their mouths.

RossHolloway
09-14-2011, 03:02 PM

You do know that the more you feed the trolls the longer they stick around. Kinda like a stray cat. Don't feed them and eventually they'll leave...

dianesfan_1965
09-14-2011, 03:03 PM

You left out Grace Kelly winning the Oscar of Judy Garland.

dianesfan_1965
09-14-2011, 03:05 PM

hehehehehehehehe lol YO MOMMA!

dianesfan_1965
09-14-2011, 03:07 PM
" If you are looking for something peaceful and quiet to do this weekend where you can be alone, try attending the Diana Ross & the Supremes Return to Love concert! hehehehehehehe!

You should have that printed on T-Shirts.

marv2
09-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I remember when Leno poked fun at the tour and it was pretty funny. The one that sticks out in my mind was when they showed Diana singing "Love Child" then it showed "Lynda" and "Scherrie" at their microphones with their hands tied behind their backs and duct tape over their mouths.

I missed that one, hehehehehehe!

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think any of it is, funny, I think it's disappointing, considering in the 60's the Beatles were the most successful recording group of that era, but The Supremes were the most successful AMERICAN recording group of that era,and The Beatles legacy has been handled a bit more gracefully by all parties concerned than that of The Supremes!..[[The Leno bit with the girls gagged and bound is kind of funny, though,hate to admit it,...lol)

Roberta75
09-14-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't think any of it is, funny, I think it's disappointing, considering in the 60's the Beatles were the most successful recording group of that era, but The Supremes were the most successful AMERICAN recording group of that era,and The Beatles legacy has been handled a bit more gracefully by all parties concerned than that of The Supremes!..[[The Leno bit with the girls gagged and bound is kind of funny, though,hate to admit it,...lol)

The Beatles battled for years. Lennon went to his grave hating McCartney and vice versa. Male in group fighting for the most part gets a free pass. Female groups fighting are labeled as bitches. Such a horrible double standard.

dianesfan_1965
09-14-2011, 04:07 PM
the beatles battled for years. Lennon went to his grave hating mccartney and vice versa. Male in group fighting for the most part gets a free pass. Female groups fighting are labeled as bitches. Such a horrible double standard.

lol! Yo momma!

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 04:18 PM
no one denies that they fought;
I'm talking from the fan perspective, which is what most of us here are/were,and from the fan perspective, Beatle fans remain a concern in 2011 with the individuals[[McCartney, Ringo, the widows of Lennon and Harrison)involved, and there's an on going respect and communication with Beatles fans in 2011, even though THE BEATLES broke up before THE SUPREMES did...no one introduced the females fighting part of the conversation,and those of you who only see this as about fighting females, all I can say is..MOVE ON!!!..lol

marv2
09-14-2011, 04:33 PM
no one denies that they fought;
I'm talking from the fan perspective, which is what most of us here are/were,and from the fan perspective, Beatle fans remain a concern in 2011 with the individuals[[McCartney, Ringo, the widows of Lennon and Harrison)involved, and there's an on going respect and communication with Beatles fans in 2011, even though THE BEATLES broke up before THE SUPREMES did...no one introduced the females fighting part of the conversation,and those of you who only see this as about fighting females, all I can say is..MOVE ON!!!..lol

You go Jimi! LOL!!!!

jillfoster
09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
The Beatles battled for years. Lennon went to his grave hating McCartney and vice versa. Male in group fighting for the most part gets a free pass. Female groups fighting are labeled as bitches. Such a horrible double standard.

I don't see it as a double standard. the public saw that as artistic temperament because the Beatles had much more substance to their talent, such as playing of musical instruments, production, songwriting... the Supremes will never get that respect in the music business because they are just seen as singing puppets which didn't even choose thier own MATERIAL. The dresses and wigs are about the only thing they can lay claim to. Sad but true.

RossHolloway
09-14-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't see it as a double standard. the public saw that as artistic temperament because the Beatles had much more substance to their talent, such as playing of musical instruments, production, songwriting... the Supremes will never get that respect in the music business because they are just seen as singing puppets which didn't even choose thier own MATERIAL. The dresses and wigs are about the only thing they can lay claim to. Sad but true.

The Supreme's were far from puppets. There are many, many great artist that never wrote songs or played instruments, just like there are many, many great musicians who never sang on the recording that they may have played on or even wrote. I don't think Elvis wrote or played instruments on any of his recordings. He's highly respected and loved. Don't think Barbara Streisand did either. How many songs did Billie Holliday or Ella Fitzgerald write or play instruments on? As far as I know, I don't think that Michael Jackson ever played an instrument on his recordings or wrote all his hits, but you'd be hard pressed to say that his contribution to music and entertainment isn't as great, if not greater than that of the Beatles. If playing instruments, production and songwriting is the standard by which to judge greatness, then Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles tops them all, they did all that and did it without the benefit of sight. The Beatles are the Beatles, the Supremes are the Supremes. Apples and Oranges.

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
but The Supremes do have that respect; they just never do anything with it,and it lays there, wasted..such a shame

captainjames
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Didn't Diana front some of her own money to try and get Mary's salary up to what she was asking ? Didn't this tour discussion start with Diana and company wanting to get all the Supremes involved ? Wasn't Mary giving a deadline to respond to the offer and she ignored the final deadline ? Didn't Diana call Berry Gordy wanting to call the whole thing off and he told her to do what makes her happy ? If memory serves me right there have been other tours canceled like this The Monkeys', Van Halen, heck even Labelle didn't last long.

As far as Diana having a setback, there were a lot of things going on in her life that caused a lot of pain. A lot of personal things. Now as far as history and reputation she will be remember as the Lead Singer of one if not the Top Selling Female group of the 60's and 70's.

I am really kind of shocked though [[yeah maybe I just didn't want to believe it) that it was all about Money. I truly believed Mary when she said she wanted more creativity input.

marv2
09-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Didn't Diana front some of her own money to try and get Mary's salary up to what she was asking ? Didn't this tour discussion start with Diana and company wanting to get all the Supremes involved ? Wasn't Mary giving a deadline to respond to the offer and she ignored the final deadline ? Didn't Diana call Berry Gordy wanting to call the whole thing off and he told her to do what makes her happy ? If memory serves me right there have been other tours canceled like this The Monkeys', Van Halen, heck even Labelle didn't last long.

As far as Diana having a setback, there were a lot of things going on in her life that caused a lot of pain. A lot of personal things. Now as far as history and reputation she will be remember as the Lead Singer of one if not the Top Selling Female group of the 60's and 70's.

I am really kind of shocked though [[yeah maybe I just didn't want to believe it) that it was all about Money. I truly believed Mary when she said she wanted more creativity input.

She also said she didn't have anything at all to do with the negotiations. Berry Gordy sided with Mary and Cindy and thought it would be nuts to try to do a tour without them.

captainjames
09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Everyone I know that had anything t do with RTL says Diana left the negotiations up to the promotors. I have nothing absolutely nothing from Mr. Gordy saying he sided with Mary or Cindy.

She also said she didn't have anything at all to do with the negotiations. Berry Gordy sided with Mary and Cindy and thought it would be nuts to try to do a tour without them.

captainjames
09-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Again~~~~~~~~~we are asked to understand and believe that a man who wanted to pull Diana from the group in 1965/66 and was okay with her singing without Flo/Mary and cindy in the background is now saying you shouldn't do the tour without him....................NAWDA.

jobeterob
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Berry thought the whole idea was a bad one and that Diana should just tour on her own..............which is another reason the whole thing is forever gone, never to be resurrected. Berry was right again. It's sad for the fans that is ended on an unhappy note but no different from the disaster that ended the group in 1977 ~ years of infighted, losing money and members and bringing on half a dozen background singers that for the following 40 years called themselves Supremes.

Koach
09-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm going to be brave and say this: I enjoy viewing the RTL clips on Youtube and hope that Diana Ross tours with Scherrie and Lynda again... as well as with Joyce. She shouldn't promote it as a Supremes reunion, though. It should be a FLOS tour with her as a special guest performer... or a D.R. tour with the FLOS as the special guests.

luke
09-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Even Scherrie has said she hopes Diana and Mary and Cindy reunite!

marv2
09-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Berry thought the whole idea was a bad one and that Diana should just tour on her own..............which is another reason the whole thing is forever gone, never to be resurrected. Berry was right again. It's sad for the fans that is ended on an unhappy note but no different from the disaster that ended the group in 1977 ~ years of infighted, losing money and members and bringing on half a dozen background singers that for the following 40 years called themselves Supremes.

There was no disaster that happened in 1977. Also, there were not a half dozen background singers calling themselves the Supremes for the last 40 years. Where did you get this information? It is a fact that Berry Gordy wanted to see Mary Wilson, Diana Ross and Cindy Birdsong tour as the Supremes one last time for prosterity purposes.

marv2
09-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Even Scherrie has said she hopes Diana and Mary and Cindy reunite!

She is right as those are the only women that Diana can legitimately reunite with!

marv2
09-14-2011, 08:47 PM

He did not think it was a bad idea. He thought it was a good one. He just wanted Mary and Cindy to be treated fairly, with dignity and compensated fairly.

marv2
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Again~~~~~~~~~we are asked to understand and believe that a man who wanted to pull Diana from the group in 1965/66 and was okay with her singing without Flo/Mary and cindy in the background is now saying you shouldn't do the tour without him....................NAWDA.

Because he is smart. No one was very interested in another Diana Ross solo tour and even fewer were interested in Diane touring with Scherrie Payne and Linda Lawrence.

Jimi LaLumia
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
and speaking of Scherrie, now that I think of it, money or not, it was rather tacky to have one of the three official Supremes lead singers suddenly relegated to backup status;
do you think Jean Terrell would have done that? I think not..

captainjames
09-15-2011, 12:28 AM
WOW !!!!!!!!!!! so many quotes on what Mr. Gordy said and thought...................can anyone point me to where it was stated or written that he [[Berry Gordy) thought Mary and Cindy should be included or that he agreed with Mary or Cindy. The only thing I remember about this tour was that he thought Diana should do whatever she felt would be fun.

Penny
09-15-2011, 10:29 AM
WOW !!!!!!!!!!! so many quotes on what Mr. Gordy said and thought...................can anyone point me to where it was stated or written that he [[Berry Gordy) thought Mary and Cindy should be included or that he agreed with Mary or Cindy. The only thing I remember about this tour was that he thought Diana should do whatever she felt would be fun.

Captainjames, you must understand that many that post on this site are clairvoyant. They seem to have an uncanny ability to know what people were doing and saying decades ago and can recall these things with great detail. I have noticed this for a while and am hoping that they could use their talents to forward me some winning lottery numbers. I could use the money.

The best to you captain james;
Penny

dianesfan_1965
09-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Captainjames, you must understand that many that post on this site are clairvoyant. They seem to have an uncanny ability to know what people were doing and saying decades ago and can recall these things with great detail. I have noticed this for a while and am hoping that they could use their talents to forward me some winning lottery numbers. I could use the money.

Penny

17-4-86-22-76-2

Jimi LaLumia
09-15-2011, 12:09 PM
my favorite quote[[which I have IN PRINT!) was from Ross' ex lover Gene Simmons of KISS as a bit of advice;
"Mary Wilson? who's gonna care if she shows up or not?"
see, Gene is an expert at f***ing over former original group members and shoving replacements into KISS,BUt when it came time,years ago, for a KISS reunion, Simmons made SURE that all the right parts were in place..
practise what you preach,Gene!

motony
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
LOL, very good Jim.

luke
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Jean's no fool--she said NO!

captainjames
09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Penny
Ok, now I understand
Your telling me these people have voices inside their heads.

Penny

Jimi LaLumia
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
you two should get a room..

dianesfan_1965
09-15-2011, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIj8gezo4jc&feature=related

Even though I wish Mary and Cindy would have been on the tour ... this video always seems pretty wicked to me.

Shame people have to say such nasty things about Diana all the time. They need to get lives.

Jimi LaLumia
09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
who was saying nasty things about Miss Ross?
on the other hand, if you want every post to sound like a Motown press release,you're in the wrong neck of the woods..[[and yes, that is a fab vid of "Lovelight"..

dianesfan_1965
09-15-2011, 07:47 PM
on the other hand, if you want every post to sound like a Motown press release,you're in the wrong neck of the woods..[[and yes, that is a fab vid of "Lovelight"..

Look at the postings on You Tube. And you don't need to tell which "neck of the woods" I should be in, dear.

smark21
09-15-2011, 07:58 PM

I agree. And because the Beatles wrote nearly all of their material and were so popular they were also able to gain business control over their songs and albums. So while the various parties fought often bitterly over the years, they also had to work together to keep the money rolling in and they and their business people have a done much better job managing the cataloge. The Supremes never obtained such power.

smark21
09-15-2011, 08:04 PM

A lot of the youtube posted Supremes videos feature lots of disgusting comments about Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Lynda Lawrence [[and to a lesser extent, the other members of the Supremes). People like Bear, Detroit Lives 313 and TWATWA seemed to spend a lot of time talking trash about a member of a group they supposedly profess to be fans of.

Jimi LaLumia
09-15-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm only talking about this board, which is more of a controlled envrionment than the wild wild west of youtube..

jobeterob
09-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Some of those Youtube people you mention are regulars on here but they like to forget that or imagine people don't know. Sadly, they dont understand that they are part of the problem and have done much to ensure no reunion of any kind will happen. And they don't understand why they are a huge problem. Mary Wilson has had to ask them to stop but they believe she is talking to someone else.

Jimi LaLumia
09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
well,that's not good, but those random voices shouldn't have the power to stop a proper reunion, that's just crazy..business is business, and a proper reunion, ONE NIGHT ONLY,would be very big business, pay per view, follow up DVD and CD, etc..
there are random crazies all over the political scene, and I don't notice any politicians stepping down because of it..

motony
09-16-2011, 09:51 AM
for all those that think those Beatles walk on water, they were a garage band that got extremely lucky. As I have said many times the Entertainment business is about 5% talent and 95% luck..being at the right place at the right time.Brian Epstein & George Martin were directly involved in the Beatle success and American rock N roll radio was ready to jump on the next new big thing.I also think the Beatles got ripped off through all the hoopla but with such staggering figures the 4 made alot of money. Go back & listen to how they sounded LIVE[[if you can really hear through all the screaming)The Supremes & any of our Soul stars could "mop" the stage with them, LOL Even they, the Beatles, joked how bad they sounded & were glad the screams drownded them out. I hated those "beatle" records I thought they made much better records as individuals, esp the ones Phil Spector produced and Ringos. To compare the Supremes to the Beatles is jus apples & oranges.

Jimi LaLumia
09-16-2011, 10:12 AM
the comparison is in terms of popularity, sales, #1s,legacy..
The Beatles were the biggest act of the 60s, and The Supremes were the biggest American act of the 60's, dueling with The Beatles for the #1 spot on Billboard's singles chart on quite a few occassions

dianesfan_1965
09-16-2011, 01:03 PM
for all those that think those Beatles walk on water, they were a garage band that got extremely lucky. As I have said many times the Entertainment business is about 5% talent and 95% luck..being at the right place at the right time.Brian Epstein & George Martin were directly involved in the Beatle success and American rock N roll radio was ready to jump on the next new big thing.I also think the Beatles got ripped off through all the hoopla but with such staggering figures the 4 made alot of money. Go back & listen to how they sounded LIVE[[if you can really hear through all the screaming)The Supremes & any of our Soul stars could "mop" the stage with them, LOL Even they, the Beatles, joked how bad they sounded & were glad the screams drownded them out. I hated those "beatle" records I thought they made much better records as individuals, esp the ones Phil Spector produced and Ringos. To compare the Supremes to the Beatles is jus apples & oranges.

Por favor! You say in one breath The Supremes & any of our Soul stars could "mop" the stage with them and then in another To compare the Supremes to the Beatles is jus apples & oranges.

You can't have it both ways.

Jimi LaLumia
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
AMEN!..correct,dianesfan

motony
09-16-2011, 02:32 PM
LOL!!! I stand by my statement that the Supremes or any other American Soul stars of the 60's could "mop" the stage with the Beatles or any of the Beatle type bands with their LIVE performance.Did you ever see the Stones[[& I actually liked them) try to follow James Brown?LOL

Jimi LaLumia
09-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I totally agree with you,but one thing has nothing to do with the other..lol..

dianesfan_1965
09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
LOL!!! I stand by my statement that the Supremes or any other American Soul stars of the 60's could "mop" the stage with the Beatles or any of the Beatle type bands with their LIVE performance.Did you ever see the Stones[[& I actually liked them) try to follow James Brown?LOL

Yes I have seen the Stones live. They are fantastic. I'm too young to have seen the Beatles live. Your "statement" is an opinion, so I guess you need to wash out your mop, darling.

FYI - Maria Callas mops the floor with Gladys Knight.

marv2
09-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Everyone I know that had anything t do with RTL says Diana left the negotiations up to the promotors. I have nothing absolutely nothing from Mr. Gordy saying he sided with Mary or Cindy.

Oh yes it was mentioned several times back in 2000 that Berry Gordy got involved in the negotiations on behalf of Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong. He was very angry over the way they were being treated. Mary confirmed Mr. Gordy's involvement again just last month in this New York Times interview:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/16/asked-and-answered-mary-wilson/

marv2
09-16-2011, 11:41 PM

Yeah, well read here:

marv2
09-16-2011, 11:47 PM
my favorite quote[[which I have IN PRINT!) was from Ross' ex lover Gene Simmons of KISS as a bit of advice;
"Mary Wilson? who's gonna care if she shows up or not?"
see, Gene is an expert at f***ing over former original group members and shoving replacements into KISS,BUt when it came time,years ago, for a KISS reunion, Simmons made SURE that all the right parts were in place..
practise what you preach,Gene!

Isn't Gene Simmons a Republican? I am pretty sure I saw him on television earlier this year dogging Pres. Obama.

captainjames
09-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Read the next paragraph down where Mary says she has never been interviewed by Peter Benjaminson for the Flo Ballard story and Benjaminson says he interviewed Mary twice.

Now how about a comment, line, paragraph, sentence or a note from Mr. Gordy that is actually coming from Mr. Gordy.

Yeah, well read here:

marv2
09-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Yes I have seen the Stones live. They are fantastic. I'm too young to have seen the Beatles live. Your "statement" is an opinion, so I guess you need to wash out your mop, darling.

FYI - Maria Callas mops the floor with Gladys Knight.

Maria Callas who? Gladys Knight is the bomb! Always has been.....!

I agree with Motony, the Motown Acts vocally and visually murder those other acts on stage. It is no contest!

marv2
09-16-2011, 11:53 PM

I totally agree and yes I saw that [[the Stones following James Brown & the Fabulous Flames) in the T.A.M.I. Show. It was no contest. James Brown left the stage smoking hot!

Roberta75
09-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Read the next paragraph down where Mary says she has never been interviewed by Peter Benjaminson for the Flo Ballard story and Benjaminson says he interviewed Mary twice.

Now how about a comment, line, paragraph, sentence or a note from Mr. Gordy that is actually coming from Mr. Gordy.

I think you'll be in for a very long wait captainjames.

Roberta75
09-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Isn't Gene Simmons a Republican? I am pretty sure I saw him on television earlier this year dogging Pres. Obama.

Gene Simmons blasted Obama for his policies on Israel. That doesn't make him a Republican.

marv2
09-17-2011, 03:05 AM
I think you'll be in for a very long wait captainjames.

He sure is because he is not paying me and what he chooses to believe or not believe matters to no one!

marv2
09-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Gene Simmons blasted Obama for his policies on Israel. That doesn't make him a Republican.

I didn't say that he was. I was asking the question! Read it again and get it right this time if you are bent on picking a fight! Geez.........

Roberta75
09-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I didn't say that he was. I was asking the question! Read it again and get it right this time if you are bent on picking a fight! Geez.........

No fight from me marv2. I don't need to read it again though. I know exactly what you meant.

nabob
09-17-2011, 10:38 AM
FYI - Maria Callas mops the floor with Gladys Knight. WHOA!!!! An opinion that i respect. Gladys Knight never mopped the floor for Aristotle Onasis like the opera diva.

captainjames
09-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes I am !!! I am paying you no attention because Mr. Gordy lips are sealed on the matter. Diana has said that Mr. Gordy said to do whatwever you feel would be fun to do. So, its Diana word against Mary's word. So, you are incorrect, I am paying you.....! I am paying you no attention. Caesar is HOME !!!!

He sure is because he is not paying me and what he chooses to believe or not believe matters to no one!

marv2
09-18-2011, 10:37 PM

She didn't say that, you must be seeing things. What she said was this:

"I’m thrilled there’ll be a movie, but they haven’t really interviewed me,"

The guy interviewing her didn't even ask her if she was ever interviewed by Peter Benjaminson. She is referring to the producers and screenwriters for the film not realizing Mr. Benjaminson' involvement in the film. That is exactly what she meant!

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 07:52 AM

The guy interviewing her didn't even ask her if she was ever interviewed by Peter Benjaminson. She is referring to the producers and screenwriters for the film not realizing Mr. Benjaminson' involvement in the film. That is exactly what she meant!

Since you seem to know absolutely everything about Mary Wilson marv2, can you please tell us when Mary's new CD will be released in the US and can you tell us if "Life's Been Good To Me" the single made the UK charts and how many copies it sold?

Thanks in advance.

Roberta

captainjames
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Perhaps you are reading and seeing more into than what is there. The question proposed to her was;
"Have you read Peter Benjaminson’s biography of Florence? It was supposed to be made into a movie with Faith Evans, but she dropped out, and now Terry Dexter’s got the part. So obviously when mentioned to Peter Benjaminson that was his response that he interviewed her twice.
CAESAR IS HOME

jobeterob
09-19-2011, 11:13 AM
You have to love it. Mary Wilson doesn't even know who Peter Benjaminson is and from the claptrap way the attempt to film something based on his interview has gone, kudos to her for avoiding it.

This kind of garbage is another example of why the Supremes story is holding less and less interest and why they are unable to attract anything like a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys or anyone else ~ it is a spectacle and it is not an attractive one.

There are so many people out there trying to "hawk" a connection to Diana Ross and turn it into money.

marv2
09-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Since you seem to know absolutely everything about Mary Wilson marv2, can you please tell us when Mary's new CD will be released in the US and can you tell us if "Life's Been Good To Me" the single made the UK charts and how many copies it sold?

Thanks in advance.

Roberta

Mary said it would be out soon.

marv2
09-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Perhaps you are reading and seeing more into than what is there. The question proposed to her was;
"Have you read Peter Benjaminson’s biography of Florence? It was supposed to be made into a movie with Faith Evans, but she dropped out, and now Terry Dexter’s got the part. So obviously when mentioned to Peter Benjaminson that was his response that he interviewed her twice.
CAESAR IS HOME

Yeah but you are still not getting it. Her reading the book "Lost Supreme" by Peter Benjaminson has nothing to do with her response that "they", have not really interviewed me for the film; meaning that the producers and screenwriters have not contacted her yet. She was not aware that the reporter was inferring that Mr. Benjaminson is also directly connected to te production of the film.

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Mary said it would be out soon.

No disrespect but Mary has been saying that for nine years. Given your close connection to Mary I was wonder if you could ask her if the new CD will be out this year?

marv2
09-19-2011, 11:33 AM
You have to love it. Mary Wilson doesn't even know who Peter Benjaminson is and from the claptrap way the attempt to film something based on his interview has gone, kudos to her for avoiding it.

This kind of garbage is another example of why the Supremes story is holding less and less interest and why they are unable to attract anything like a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys or anyone else ~ it is a spectacle and it is not an attractive one.

There are so many people out there trying to "hawk" a connection to Diana Ross and turn it into money.

That's funny. Maybe Diane needs to try to hawk a connection to herself , because now, like everyone else. She has sing for her supper...........

marv2
09-19-2011, 11:36 AM

Oh yes! Mary knows who Peter Benjaminson is, it's just that the reporter never directly asked her if she knew Peter or has been interviewed by him.

captainjames
09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
And baby she is doing it in GRAND STYLE like a true DIVA !!!!!

That's funny. Maybe Diane needs to try to hawk a connection to herself , because now, like everyone else. She has sing for her supper...........

captainjames
09-19-2011, 11:53 AM
It was a good show and I am truly glad I got the chance to see it because it will probably be the last time I will ever see Three Supremes on a stage again. I have seen the girls many times over the years but this was the first time I heard "LoveLights" perform through its entirety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIj8gezo4jc&feature=related

Even though I wish Mary and Cindy would have been on the tour ... this video always seems pretty wicked to me.

Shame people have to say such nasty things about Diana all the time. They need to get lives.

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 12:01 PM
It was a good show and I am truly glad I got the chance to see it because it will probably be the last time I will ever see Three Supremes on a stage again. I have seen the girls many times over the years but this was the first time I heard "LoveLights" perform through its entirety.

Really great, fun clip. Wish I could have seen this show. The comments from a certain member are disgraceful.

marv2
09-19-2011, 12:59 PM

That's not true Rob. The Southern California Motion Picture Council proudly presented Mary Wilson the Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award, October 18th, 2010.

dianesfan_1965
09-19-2011, 01:24 PM

You talk as if Ross is broke.

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
That's not true Rob. The Southern California Motion Picture Council proudly presented Mary Wilson the Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award, October 18th, 2010.

I bet founder Randal Malone is a huge Supremes/Mary Wilson fan. Anyone know if this awards show is televised?

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/SCMPC-Hollywood-Legends/Randal-Malone-President.html

Looks like a very classy awards dinner.

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/SCMPC-Hollywood-Legends/Golden-Halo-Awards-2010.html

milven
09-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I bet founder Randal Malone is a huge Supremes/Mary Wilson fan. Anyone know if this awards show is televised?

Never heard of the Award or of Randal Malone. Looking at his picture, I wonder if he is a relation to Michael Jackson
http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/SCMPC-Hollywood-Legends/images/Randal%20Malone%20attending%20the%20premiere%20of% 20%22Dahmer%20vs.%20Gacy%22,%20Hollywood,%20CA%20o n%20January%2015,%202010.jpg

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Never heard of the Award or of Randal Malone. Looking at his picture, I wonder if he is a relation to Michael Jackson
http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/SCMPC-Hollywood-Legends/images/Randal%20Malone%20attending%20the%20premiere%20of% 20%22Dahmer%20vs.%20Gacy%22,%20Hollywood,%20CA%20o n%20January%2015,%202010.jpg

I bet he's a lovely person and I like him for honoring our very own Mary Wilson with the Southern California Motion Picture Council Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award.

Jimi LaLumia
09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
looks like Rosie o Donnell on nutra system

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
looks like Rosie o Donnell on nutra system

That's rather cruel and tasteless IMO. I'm sure he's a very fine gentleman who obviously has exquisite taste hence his honoring of Miss Mary Wilson with the Southern California Motion Picture Council Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award.

BayouMotownMan
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
As usual the info posted by you-know-who is wrong

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 02:38 PM

Really? You mean Mary Wilson didn't get the Southern California Motion Picture Council Golden Halo, Lifetime Achievement Award?

dianesfan_1965
09-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Wasn't this guy married to Liza?

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Wasn't this guy married to Liza?

You mean Liza Minnelli, right? I thought he looked real familiar. You could be right dianesfan_1965. Didn't they have a huge wedding a few years back?

Jimi LaLumia
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
i LIKE Rosie O Donell..it was meant as a compliment!!

dianesfan_1965
09-19-2011, 02:53 PM
You mean Liza Minnelli, right? I thought he looked real familiar. You could be right dianesfan_1965. Didn't they have a huge wedding a few years back?

Yes they did. And the rumor is that Liza knocked the crap out of him.

Jimi LaLumia
09-19-2011, 02:57 PM
that was David Gest...and he made this guy look butch!

dianesfan_1965
09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
that was David Gest...and he made this guy look butch!

I've seen drag queens at Show Girls in P-town that look like line backers compared to this one.

honest man
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
is it liza's mum.have n't got my glasses on,

dianesfan_1965
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/SCMPC-Hollywood-Legends/Randal-Malone-President.html

Looks like a very classy awards dinner.

http://web.me.com/uromastyx.studio/SCMPC-Hollywood-Legends/Golden-Halo-Awards-2010.html

Looks like they threw down some good chow.

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
is it liza's mum.have n't got my glasses on,

He's a man named Randal Malone and according to marv2 his organization, the "Southern California Motion Picture Council" honored Miss Mary Wilson with their very prestigious Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award.

dianesfan_1965
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
He's a man named Randal Malone and according to marv2 his organization, the "Southern California Motion Picture Council" honored Miss Mary Wilson with their very prestigious Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award.

http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_B_Harlan_Boll_Honored_at_Golden_Halo_A wards_20101023

Here's a link w/ some photos from this event. Looks like some fun! That guy with the cowboy hat on looks like he could throw down a good bang.

Jimi LaLumia
09-19-2011, 04:26 PM
it gets no gayer!

BayouMotownMan
09-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I guess I don't understand Mary Wilson's achievements in Motion Pictures rather than music or television

jobeterob
09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Ya, that dude tried to give me a halo once too but I said no, I'll pass.

atcsm
09-19-2011, 07:02 PM

It was wrong information - she was a presenter, not the honoree.

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 07:26 PM

Well that's really odd as I read a post earlier today where marv2 wrote that "The Southern California Motion Picture Council" proudly presented Mary Wilson with the Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award on October 18th, 2010.

Are you sure Mary was only a presenter? I'm only questioning because marv2 actually knows and talks to Mary Wilson so I think he would know all her awards.

jobeterob
09-19-2011, 07:29 PM
No, no........I was supposed to get the HALO. Maybe I misheard and it was another kind of O.

atcsm
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Well that's really odd as I read a post earlier today where marv2 wrote that "The Southern California Motion Picture Council" proudly presented Mary Wilson with the Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award on October 18th, 2010.

Are you sure Mary was only a presenter? I'm only questioning because marv2 actually knows and talks to Mary Wilson so I think he would know all her awards.

I am so sorry to burst your bubble dear.

Penny
09-19-2011, 08:15 PM

I think I need to call that guy and set up an appointment. I'll bet I could sell him half of my AVON catalog and make a mint.

I am always looking for new customers!

Penny

Penny
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I am so sorry to burst your bubble dear.

Roberta, don't worry. My bubble got burst here, too.

Penny

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 08:20 PM
I think I need to call that guy and set up an appointment. I'll bet I could sell him half of my AVON catalog and make a mint.

I am always looking for new customers!

Penny

You are a very funny lady Penny. LOL

milven
09-19-2011, 08:27 PM

I googled this and the only place it comes up is on Mary's site. That site is not 100 per cent dependable. It showed a picture of Mary performing in Vegas which turned out to be Cher. Is this where you got your info?

smark21
09-19-2011, 08:49 PM

Poor Diane, her ass is broke and she's playing dumps.

smark21
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM

You don't think Mary's performances in Tiger Town, Jackie's Back and 227 are worthy of a Golden Halo Award from the Southern California Motion Picture Council?

smark21
09-19-2011, 08:53 PM

Oh, that's too bad, but hoped she enjoyed herself at the party. Maybe one day she'll be honored by them.

smark21
09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Roberta, don't worry. My bubble got burst here, too.

Penny

Surely Mary should have been honored for her acting work in Tiger Town, 227, and Jackie's Back, not to mention for Beach Ball, her searing performance as a nun in danger in Tarzan, and her skit comedy work on the Flip Wilson Show.

Roberta75
09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Surely Mary should have been honored for her acting work in Tiger Town, 227, and Jackie's Back, not to mention for Beach Ball, her searing performance as a nun in danger in Tarzan, and her skit comedy work on the Flip Wilson Show.

One day smark21. The Lord gives to those who wait. I'm not terribly familiar with Miss Wilson's acting but Jessica Tandy was 81 when she won her Oscar.

jobeterob
09-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Now Penny was talking about making appointments with that guy.........it made me wonder if he is the guy that you make an appointment if you want to buy...........some............tits and ass? Can I buy a fancy pair? Tighten up that derriere; through the nose with it, all that goes with it.............

atcsm
09-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Now Penny was talking about making appointments with that guy.........it made me wonder if he is the guy that you make an appointment if you want to buy...........some............tits and ass? Can I buy a fancy pair? Tighten up that derriere; through the nose with it, all that goes with it.............

Shake your new maracas and you're fine
Tits and ass
Can change your life - they sure changed mine

atcsm
09-19-2011, 11:18 PM

Are we crazy to think we will get a retraction on this comment?

captainjames
09-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Any idea what her contribution for this award was for ? Just curious and glad for Mary if its true.

marv2
09-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Poor Diane, her ass is broke and she's playing dumps.

Those are not dumps. They are Indian Casinos.

marv2
09-20-2011, 02:50 AM
I googled this and the only place it comes up is on Mary's site. That site is not 100 per cent dependable. It showed a picture of Mary performing in Vegas which turned out to be Cher. Is this where you got your info?

Yeah it's on the website.

marv2
09-20-2011, 02:52 AM
You talk as if Ross is broke.

You don't really want to go there........

atcsm
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Yeah it's on the website.
Unfortunately that doesn't make it true. An article about the event and photos of the event has already been posted in a previous posting. The winner was B. Harlon Boll. Mary was a presenter. Whoever runs Mary's website should do some fact checking.

BobC
09-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I really wish people would stop bringing politics into conversations about music. The Tea Party is not racist, nor are Republicans. And Gene Simmons can belong to any party he chooses. I am not a member of either group but know people who are, and they are good people.

milven
09-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Unfortunately that doesn't make it true. An article about the event and photos of the event has already been posted in a previous posting. The winner was B. Harlon Boll. Mary was a presenter. Whoever runs Mary's website should do some fact checking.

It may be unfair to blame Mary's webmaster. Webmasters only put up the info provided to them. One of her prior webmasters, Webby Bob, said that he could not keep the place up to date because he was never provided any info. In the end, he left because he was also not being provided any pay. Choosing a webmaster that is familiar with your career would also help. Webby Bob did not even know what DRATS meant. Whoever is running the site now is keeping it up to date, but there seems to constantly be wrong or exaggerated info on it. Perhaps he also is not familiar with Mary's career and simply posts what is given. Mary, or her people, are responsible for what is supplied to the webmaster. They are also the people who should check the site to make sure that the info they supplied was posted correctly.

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I really wish people would stop bringing politics into conversations about music. The Tea Party is not racist, nor are Republicans. And Gene Simmons can belong to any party he chooses. I am not a member of either group but know people who are, and they are good people.

I beg to differ with you on the Tea Party and some Republicans but respect your opinion.

Best to you.

Roberta

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 12:11 PM
It may be unfair to blame Mary's webmaster. Webmasters only put up the info provided to them. One of her prior webmasters, Webby Bob, said that he could not keep the place up to date because he was never provided any info. In the end, he left because he was also not being provided any pay. Choosing a webmaster that is familiar with your career would also help. Webby Bob did not even know what DRATS meant. Whoever is running the site now is keeping it up to date, but there seems to constantly be wrong or exaggerated info on it. Perhaps he also is not familiar with Mary's career and simply posts what is given. Mary, or her people, are responsible for what is supplied to the webmaster. They are also the people who should check the site to make sure that the info they supplied was posted correctly.

The Cher in concert photo claiming to be Mary Wilson was either very deceptive or just plain sloppy.

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 12:12 PM

Who is B. Harlan Boil?

milven
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
The Cher in concert photo claiming to be Mary Wilson was either very deceptive or just plain sloppy.

I think deceptive is the operative word. Whoever sent that picture to the webmaster had to know it was not Mary. And check this link on her site.
http://www.marywilson.com/awards.html
It makes it appear that Mary was presented the award, but according to this article http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_B_Harlan_Boll_Honored_at_Golden_Halo_A wards_20101023, she merely attended - or at most - presented one of the awards.

The link on Mary's site is deceptive. It even fooled Marv, an avid Mary Fanatic. It is a disservice to Mary. She may not be a superstar, but she has had a nice career, and she - or her representatives - do not need to manufacture fake achievements.

dianesfan_1965
09-20-2011, 12:48 PM

The Golden Gate Theater is SF is an Indian casino?

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
I think deceptive is the operative word. Whoever sent that picture to the webmaster had to know it was not Mary. And check this link on her site.
http://www.marywilson.com/awards.html
It makes it appear that Mary was presented the award, but according to this article http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_B_Harlan_Boll_Honored_at_Golden_Halo_A wards_20101023, she merely attended - or at most - presented one of the awards.

The link on Mary's site is deceptive. It even fooled Marv, an avid Mary Fanatic. It is a disservice to Mary. She may not be a superstar, but she has had a nice career, and she - or her representatives - do not need to manufacture fake achievements.

Well hopefully one day Mary Wilson will get her own Golden Halo Award.

The Cher photo was really odd. It was so obvious that it wasn't the small 500 seat theater that Mary performed in at the Riviera Casino but sloppy or very cunning to use a photo of Cher at the Colosseum that wasn't a close up of Cher but a very long shot from the back of the Colosseum. Thankfully they didn't use a photo of Diana at the Colosseum. Now that would have been ironic. LOL

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/13/supreme-diva-diana-ross-dazzles-caesars-palace/

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Radio City, Caesars Palace, the Count Basie Theater, Humphrey's By The Bay, The Kirby Center, The Sovereign Performing Arts Center, The Rochester Auditorium Theatre and the Nokia in Los Angeles are all Indian Casinos? I guess you learn something every day.

Now I know the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino & Special Events Center is an Indian Casino but it seats 3700 and Diana sells it out every time she plays there so I guess it's not to be sniffed at.

dianesfan_1965
09-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Radio City, Caesars Palace, the Count Basie Theater, Humphrey's By The Bay, The Kirby Center, The Sovereign Performing Arts Center, The Rochester Auditorium Theatre and the Nokia in Los Angeles are all Indian Casinos? I guess you learn something every day.

Now I know the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino & Special Events Center is an Indian Casino but it seats 3700 and Diana sells it out every time she plays there so I guess it's not to be sniffed at.

And yet she fills these places yet "is broke" per Pinocchio

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 01:40 PM

LOL. Diana Ross is far from broke. Whatever is this person talking about?

BobC
09-20-2011, 05:00 PM
I wish I was as broke as Diana Ross.

dianesfan_1965
09-20-2011, 05:30 PM

More like whatever is this person talking OUT OF!

rod_rick
09-20-2011, 05:54 PM
What is Cindy up to now days? She's been under the radar for awhile now.

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
What is Cindy up to now days? She's been under the radar for awhile now.

Cindy is preaching the Lord's word. God bless sister Birdsong.

Roberta

marv2
09-20-2011, 06:42 PM
The Golden Gate Theater is SF is an Indian casino?

I don't know anything about it, but I am pretty sure it is not a dump.

marv2
09-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Is she broke?

thaperson
09-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Why does no one bring up the fact that Mary was taking night classes at college at the time of the RTL tour, and told Jet magazine that she didn't do the tour because it interfered with her schedule?

This was of course mentioned several months AFTER the tour was destroyed.

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Is she broke?

You're the one that keeps implying that.

marv2
09-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Why does no one bring up the fact that Mary was taking night classes at college at the time of the RTL tour, and told Jet magazine that she didn't do the tour because it interfered with her schedule?

This was of course mentioned several months AFTER the tour was destroyed.

Really? So it was all just about her course schedule?

marv2
09-20-2011, 07:04 PM
You're the one that keeps implying that.

I don't know a thing about what you are talking about. It seems to me you are still trying to pick a fight with me for some reason?

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't know a thing about what you are talking about. It seems to me you are still trying to pick a fight with me for some reason?

I have absolutely no intention of picking a fight with you marv2 but I am wise to your games.

Have a good evening.

BayouMotownMan
09-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Ignore him Roberta...

If you are dumb enough to get hit by a parked car.......

smark21
09-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Who is B. Harlan Boil?

Someone with a very short resume in the film industry: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2231063/

smark21
09-20-2011, 08:07 PM

Isn't Carlo now the webmaster for MaryWilson.com?

atcsm
09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Isn't Carlo now the webmaster for MaryWilson.com?
I hope that's not true because he seems like a good kid - a little misguided when it comes to one certain person, but a good kid.

atcsm
09-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Is there something wrong with Indian Casinos? I saw Mary at one several years ago and it was a delightful evening.

johnjeb
09-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Who is B. Harlan Boil?

I had only just seen his name and pic for the first time in this thread on Monday evening. On Tuesday morning I saw this in the paper while reading the obituary on Dolores Hope:

Her death was announced by her publicist, B. Harlan Boll.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/arts/music/dolores-hope-bob-hopes-widow-dies-at-102.html

Roberta75
09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I had only just seen his name and pic for the first time in this thread on Monday evening. On Tuesday morning I saw this in the paper while reading the obituary on Dolores Hope:

Her death was announced by her publicist, B. Harlan Boll.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/arts/music/dolores-hope-bob-hopes-widow-dies-at-102.html

Thank you johnjeb.

captainjames
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Now that is probably the best advice I have seen on here in a very long time.

Ignore him Roberta...

If you are dumb enough to get hit by a parked car.......

marv2
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM

Still, it is kinda sad that Miss Ross is playing Indian casinos and have no current releases........oh well.

atcsm
09-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Still, it is kinda sad that Miss Ross is playing Indian casinos and have no current releases........oh well.
You sticking by that story about the Halo award?

atcsm
09-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Should be Miss Ross "has" no current releases.....

atcsm
09-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Should be Miss Ross "has" no current releases.....

IF you want to be grammatically correct in your Miss Ross bashing.......

atcsm
09-20-2011, 11:14 PM
In addition, minority bashing is not an attractive trait.

rod_rick
09-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Yes I believe Carlo is the webmaster, and I'm sure he posted what he was told to post on Mary's site. Carlos is a good guy and he's fair.

simplysupreme
09-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Oh well, she's in good company as Dionne Warwick. Gladys Knight, Smokey Robinson, Patti LaBelle and Santana all typically perform in the same venues..

jobeterob
09-21-2011, 01:22 AM
The sad part of all of this is that all the posters above like Mary Wilson a lot and treasure the role she played in the Supremes. And they end up having to appear that they are anti Mary; and generally they are not. Poor Mary had to post on her website to stop Marv from beating on and bullying Diane; Poor Mary has to have her security make sure they keep her at a distance from him. And to top it all off, it's putting the final nail in the coffin of anything positive in terms of a Supremes reunion; he and a few other bitter, fowl mouthed people who live on the Net and spend there time ass kicking the Supremes. All such a shame.

Such drivel about somebody with a $40 million dollar house; I offered Diane $18 m and she declined me.

motony
09-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Whats wrong with playing "Indian" Casinos?The ones I've been to in Fla. are nice.When I saw Diana Ross last year, it was at the King Center in Melbourne a very nice venue that seats 2,500. & was sold out .

rod_rick
09-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Whats wrong with playing "Indian" Casinos?The ones I've been to in Fla. are nice.When I saw Diana Ross last year, it was at the King Center in Melbourne a very nice venue that seats 2,500. & was sold out .

Nothing is wrong with playing the Indian Casinos, it's a pay check that I'm sure a lot of entertainers wished they could get booked into. It's really a shame to have to slam one to up lift the another when it come to the Supremes. They were all talented. I'm just glad they are still around performing in any capacity at this time in their lives.

BobC
09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
"In addition, minority bashing is not an attractive trait."

Right. Please stick to bashing Republicans and Tea Party people [[read: white people).

jobeterob
09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
I realized this morning that when Miss Ross tours and gets all these glowing reviews, when she is on Oprah or gets awards..........some people get jealous. Good Lord. And they start the online bashing and negativity.

Something else to consider; in Canada, the word "Indian" is treated very much the way the word "Negro" is in the United States; it is associated with another time and different ways and its usage is frowned upon. For those that go looking for such things, it is considered "racist" and a sign of prejudice.

Now, that doesn't exist here does it?

marv2
09-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I realized this morning that when Miss Ross tours and gets all these glowing reviews, when she is on Oprah or gets awards..........some people get jealous. Good Lord. And they start the online bashing and negativity.

Something else to consider; in Canada, the word "Indian" is treated very much the way the word "Negro" is in the United States; it is associated with another time and different ways and its usage is frowned upon. For those that go looking for such things, it is considered "racist" and a sign of prejudice.

Now, that doesn't exist here does it?

Well, I was born in Ohio and we have this baseball team that's been around since 1894 called "The Cleveland Indians"! You should go here and write them and tell them how bad they are for having that name all these years. Tell them you are a Diana Ross fan and you just don't like it...........!

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cle

carlo
09-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Thank you Rod_Rick.

Yes, I am Mary's webmaster. This is something I don't particularly like to discuss because I'm the type of person who prefers to keep things as private as possible. I don't like when people flaunt themselves, so I prefer to stay under the radar. However, I would like to address some inaccuracies. I only add the information I am given. Mary did in fact win the Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement, so if an article says something else, I really have no idea why. Perhaps the article you guys are sourcing got the facts wrong? I only posted the information that was given to me.

Also, the blog that you guys are referring to with the photo of Cher in Vegas is NOT maintained by me. I have no involvement with that whatsoever. I take great pride in paying attention to detail, so I wouldn't have accidentally posted a photo of Cher. Never in a million years. This was something I did bring to the blog owner's attention, but it has not been changed/removed.

marv2
09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Thank you Rod_Rick.

Yes, I am Mary's webmaster. This is something I don't particularly like to discuss because I'm the type of person who prefers to keep things as private as possible. I don't like when people flaunt themselves, so I prefer to stay under the radar. However, I would like to address some inaccuracies. I only add the information I am given. Mary did in fact win the Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement, so if an article says something else, I really have no idea why. Perhaps the article you guys are sourcing got the facts wrong? I only posted the information that was given to me.

Also, the blog that you guys are referring to with the photo of Cher in Vegas is NOT maintained by me. I have no involvement with that whatsoever. I take great pride in paying attention to detail, so I wouldn't have accidentally posted a photo of Cher. Never in a million years. This was something I did bring to the blog owner's attention, but it has not been changed/removed.

You do an excellent job so don't even worry about it!

Marv

carlo
09-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you Marv, Rod_Rick and atcsm.

rod_rick
09-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Thank you Rod_Rick.

Carlo
Like I said you are one of the GOOD GUYS here. Thank you for clearing that up with the Halo award.
Keep up the good work.

btw the picture the some are referring regarding the arena shot is not on WWW.MARYWILSON.COM

atcsm
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Carlo - that is good to know that you are the webmaster of her site. You do a great job. And if I'm correct, you are pretty young so your knowledge and respect of all of the Supremes is admirable.

The only reason the Halo award was brought up is because someone posted that she had won it. Since most people aren't aware of this award, there was probably a lot of google searches. Someone found this article http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_B_Harlan_Boll_Honored_at_Golden_Halo_A wards_20101023
that tells a different story. Broadwayworld.com is a reputable sight and this article was posted a few days after the awards ceremony. The article has photos of the event and mentions that Mary was a presenter and she is shown in a group shot. Now in this new internet age, it is possible to fake anything so this may be bogus. Nobody is attacking you. There was just a lot of discussion about it because of one person claiming it to be true. I'm sure that Mary and Diana are proud to have you as one of their fans.

smark21
09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Well, I was born in Ohio and we have this baseball team that's been around since 1894 called "The Cleveland Indians"! You should go here and write them and tell them how bad they are for having that name all these years. Tell them you are a Diana Ross fan and you just don't like it...........!

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cle

There's been a movement out there for a couple of decades trying to get teams with Native American nicknames to change as many considered it very offensive. The most objectionable being the Washington Redskins. The movement has had some success on the collegiate level, but not on the professional major league level.

marv2
09-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Carlo - that is good to know that you are the webmaster of her site. You do a great job. And if I'm correct, you are pretty young so your knowledge and respect of all of the Supremes is admirable.

The only reason the Halo award was brought up is because someone posted that she had won it. Since most people aren't aware of this award, there was probably a lot of google searches. Someone found this article http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_B_Harlan_Boll_Honored_at_Golden_Halo_A wards_20101023
that tells a different story. Broadwayworld.com is a reputable sight and this article was posted a few days after the awards ceremony. The article has photos of the event and mentions that Mary was a presenter and she is shown in a group shot. Now in this new internet age, it is possible to fake anything so this may be bogus. Nobody is attacking you. There was just a lot of discussion about it because of one person claiming it to be true. I'm sure that Mary and Diana are proud to have you as one of their fans.

I posted the info about the Lifetime Achievement Award from Mary Wilson's website in response to this comment made by Jobeterob:

"This kind of garbage is another example of why the Supremes story is holding less and less interest and why they are unable to attract anything like a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys or anyone else ~"

Next time I looked up Bayouman and the boys had jumped all over it and claiming I made that up. All that commotion really did was to once again illustrate to the general population here that there is a small group of troublemakers looking to create fights over nothing at all. That is all that was accomplished by all that blather..........

Marv

marv2
09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
There's been a movement out there for a couple of decades trying to get teams with Native American nicknames to change as many considered it very offensive. The most objectionable being the Washington Redskins. The movement has had some success on the collegiate level, but not on the professional major league level.

Yeah right! On my Ohio Birth Certificate they have me listed as "Colored". So good luck to whomever thinks they are going to get the Cleveland Indians to change their name! They may have better luck getting "The 500 Nations Indian Casinos Supersite" http://500nations.com/Indian_Casinos.asp and "Indian Casinos.com" http://www.indiancasinos.com/ to change their names! This is where all this additional bullcrap came from all in the feeble attempt to make Diana Ross look good! I mean actually trying to make out that I made up a derogatory term, "Indian Casinos" when that is what they call themselves!!!!

Give me just a little break!

atcsm
09-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I posted the info about the Lifetime Achievement Award from Mary Wilson's website in response to this comment made by Jobeterob:

"This kind of garbage is another example of why the Supremes story is holding less and less interest and why they are unable to attract anything like a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammys or anyone else ~"

Next time I looked up Bayouman and the boys had jumped all over it and claiming I made that up. All that commotion really did was to once again illustrate to the general population here that there is a small group of troublemakers looking to create fights over nothing at all. That is all that was accomplished by all that blather..........

Marv
Sometimes "troublemakers" are just looking for the truth.

marv2
09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Sometimes "troublemakers" are just looking for the truth.

Bullshit! They started right off alleging that I was lying about it. Troublemakers are just looking to cause trouble!

carlo
09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Thank you very much guys. :) Thank you for your kind words.

marv2
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Thank you very much guys. :) Thank you for your kind words.

Anytime Carlo!

carlo
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention is that I also do not manage the mailing list that is linked to the website. Someone else manages that. I'm only the messenger, I do what I'm told.

marv2
09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention is that I also do not manage the mailing list that is linked to the website. Someone else manages that. I'm only the messenger, I do what I'm told.

Please, by all means.....say no more........hehehehehehe!!!

atcsm
09-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Bullshit! They started right off alleging that I was lying about it. Troublemakers are just looking to cause trouble!

You really are the bully in the schoolyard aren't you? You love the foul language and threats of violence.

marv2
09-22-2011, 09:32 PM
You really are the bully in the schoolyard aren't you? You love the foul language and threats of violence.

Don't even try it. I was the one attacked.

luke
09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
atc--being new here u may want to observe who the real bullies are here and it aint marv--unless u already came in with an agenda. Ralph will only tolerate so much of this.

atcsm
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
no agenda - just observations.

marv2
09-22-2011, 10:28 PM
atc--being new here u may want to observe who the real bullies are here and it aint marv--unless u already came in with an agenda. Ralph will only tolerate so much of this.

Thank you Luke. Whether actsm has an agenda or not, I don't need the indegestion. I don't believe in bullying people.

atcsm
09-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Have you ever threatened physical violence on this board?

jobeterob
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
You must be asking that to Marv! Nah, many years ago he used to threaten us with he'd go tell Mary. But then somebody told Mary on him.

Somebody asked "one of those questions".....................and Marv don't like Diane; she either ran off to LA and left him [[and Mary, although she doesn't care anymore) or she turfed him unpleasantly and publicly from a concert.

Tain't neither here nor there though.....................the various Supremes generally carry on, living, eating, playing with the grandkids, singing here or there and coping.

Generally, life goes on

atcsm
09-22-2011, 11:33 PM
You must be asking that to Marv! Nah, many years ago he used to threaten us with he'd go tell Mary. But then somebody told Mary on him.

Somebody asked "one of those questions".....................and Marv don't like Diane; she either ran off to LA and left him [[and Mary, although she doesn't care anymore) or she turfed him unpleasantly and publicly from a concert.

Tain't neither here nor there though.....................the various Supremes generally carry on, living, eating, playing with the grandkids, singing here or there and coping.

Generally, life goes on
Amen to that - love me some Mary and Diana.

marv2
09-22-2011, 11:49 PM

Generally, life goes on

Threatened to tell Mary on you? I thought you were like well over 50 years old? What was Mary suppose to do, spank you? Tell Mary on me? HA! [[and I will leave it at that!). You guys need to get a grip and start acting your ages. I , nor Mary has time for your foolishness so try to stick to the subjects of the threads and stop personally attacking each other. You've been attacking me for years and what has it gotten you? Nothing! I don't even know you. You make up these "dream stories" about what Diana Ross has done to me. I don't know how you can make your mind come up with this stuff, but it has become way past boring to me after reading it now for years. If you only knew how ridiculous you sound, you would be very embarassed right now and falling all over yourself to apologize to me and this forum.

Unfortunately, I am not in a position or authorized to say all that I want to say that could shut you up permanently about these "subjects" you seem to not be able to avoid creating. I will give you this much for you to chew on Jobeterob. Anyone telling you anything even remotely regarding the things you just posted above, is flat out lying to you to keep you where they want you to be........[[read between lines because I am not going waste anymore time on this part again.)

Marv

captainjames
09-23-2011, 12:06 AM
I think Diana should have called this her "Anniversary Tour of 50 years" in show buisness or something. It has truly lasted longer than I had expected as she continues to add dates. As Berry has told her in the past; "Do whatver makes you happy" and I think that is what she is doing now. She has taken all of the demands of what ever one else wants and rolled them into what she wants.

BRAVO for her !!! I am still holding on to my dream of a duet CD from Ross or perhaps one that includes her with past works from Al B Sure, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Rod Stewart, Brandy, Lionel Richie, etc.

Now as far as her being broke ............well we just said earlier she still does the 10 + gowns in her shows so that means she has not had to sell her gowns yet. Seriously though from the day " An Evening With Diana Ross " was created people are aware that is her trademark and if she stopped doing it I swear people would say she can't afford gowns now.

At any rate I am so proud of this Diva because she is one of thee few female artists who have said they are doing their retirement tour and three years later they are BACK !!!

carlo
09-23-2011, 12:31 AM
And if I'm correct, you are pretty young so your knowledge and respect of all of the Supremes is admirable.

Thank you for that. I used to think I was the only young Supremes fan around, but I have met many more from my generation through Facebook. Some of them know even more than I do. There is a new generation of fans all over the world and I am so honoured to be a part of that. It shows how timeless the music really is.

Jimi LaLumia
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
and someone performed "Stop! In the Name of Love" on X Factor tonight[[slow,ballad version) and she made sure to credit it to The Supremes!

Roberta75
09-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Thank you Rod_Rick.

Carlo, I am afraid you are wrong about Mary Wilson winning the Golden Halo Award in October, 2101. The winner was B. Harlan Boil. See links below. Whoever gave you that information about Mary winning is confused. Just thought you would like to know.

Roberta

http://www2.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumnpics.cfm?colid=178457

http://beta.theatermania.com/news/details/31556/city/Los%20Angeles

http://www.wegotbruce.com/weblog/?m=201010

http://www2.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumnpics.cfm?colid=178457&photoid=209808

Penny
09-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Carlo,

That is very cool that you are Mary Wilson's webmaster. I had no idea, by reading your posts, that you were a member of our treasured youth. You are light years ahead of other members of your generation by knowing the music of Motown and especially the Supremes. How did you meet Mary Wilson? I hope you don't over charge her! LOLOL!

Be careful around here. Some of the people here can be quite mean and say horrible things about some of the Supremes.

Let me know if you need any AVON products.

Penny
:o

carlo
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Penny,

Thank you very much for the kind message. I started sending Mary fan e-mails/letters when I was 11 years old. I used to talk about their Ed Sullivan performances, my Supremes CD collection, etc., in detail and she didn't believe I was who I said I was. She said, "You certainly sound like one of my older fans". I think she was afraid I was a fan who was unwell and looking for attention by claiming they were 11 years old. Carl F., the Fan Club President at the time, sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted an autograph. I think they figured, "Maybe if we send this weirdo an autograph he will stop." lol. So shortly after, I received a personalized autograph from Mary, which I treasured for years. I had it up in my room on prominent display and the pen ink ended up fading away from the sunlight. :)

I ended up taking a picture of myself with the autograph and sent it to Mary to prove I was who I said I was and she was pleasantly surprised. I continued to keep in touch and ended up meeting her in 2005 after one of her shows and it was one of the most exciting moments for me. I know that there are some fans who have different feelings towards Mary, but I always tell them that once you have an opportunity to meet her, you will turn into a fan on the spot. She really is a kind, down to earth lady who really loves her fans. After you meet her, it is impossible not to like her.

Thank you again, Penny. You are very kind. I will be careful. It's hard to believe I have been posting on these internet forums for more than a decade now. On these different forums, I have experienced the good, the bad and the very ugly. Do I ever have stories!

milven
09-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Thank you Rod_Rick.

Yes, I am Mary's webmaster. This is something I don't particularly like to discuss because I'm the type of person who prefers to keep things as private as possible. I don't like when people flaunt themselves, so I prefer to stay under the radar. However, I would like to address some inaccuracies. I only add the information I am given. Mary did in fact win the Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement, so if an article says something else, I really have no idea why. Perhaps the article you guys are sourcing got the facts wrong? I only posted the information that was given to me….

Carlo, I remember when you volunteered to help Mary’s site last year when she got many complaints of it not being up to date. Most people would have been bragging all over the place, but you kept it quiet and only a few Supreme fans knew about your involvement. Glad to hear that you are still involved. She made a great choice in choosing you, because you are a Supremes fan who does not participate in the bashing of individual Supremes members. As I said in my post earlier in this thread, webmasters only add information that they are given. But for some reason, I have strong doubts that Mary won a Golden Halo Lifetime Achievement Award. [[Of course, I have been wrong many times). But since this info is no where else on the web, you would be doing Mary and her fans a service if you could get confirmation from her or her people if this is indeed true.

Thank you for that. I used to think I was the only young Supremes fan around, but I have met many more from my generation through Facebook. Some of them know even more than I do. There is a new generation of fans all over the world and I am so honoured to be a part of that. It shows how timeless the music really is.

How refreshing to know that the younger generation also loves the music of The Supremes. And even more refreshing is that your generation does not get involved with the bashing of individual Supremes. That means that there is hope that their legacy will live on in the music and not in the drama of who pushed who.

BayouMotownMan
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
My suggestion is you cut and paste the profanities and send them to Ralph. Or go higher up

carlo
09-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Thank you Milven. The description that I had posted on the site for this particular award is what I have written down in my notes verbatim from Mary's team and I had even read it back over the telephone for confirmation prior to posting it. Everything that is posted on the website is approved by Mary's team to ensure accuracy and to ensure the information is a true reflection of Mary Wilson. I am awaiting confirmation again. Thank you everyone for bringing it to my attention.

milven
09-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Carlo, I just spoke to two people at the S Cal Motion Picture Council. They said that the banquet was to honor B. Harlan Boll. The president of the organization Randal Malone saw Mary in Las Vegas and asked if she would be available for the event. She made herself available and flew in for the event. They had confirmed that she was indeed given an award, but there seemed to be some stuttering or confusion when I asked them if her award was for individual achievement in the entertainment industry or if was being given to her for her participation in the event. I did not let the question go and asked it a few different ways. The conclusion is that they gave out many awards and that they are all called Halos. Mary got one of those awards. The two people that I confereneced with said that Mary did perform something acapella. I got the impression that it was not planned. They both spoke highly of Mary. Eventually, I got them to say that they awarded Mary for her contribution to the entertainment industry. I don’t know if this clears up anything, but at least we know that she did receive some kind of an award from them.

Roberta75
09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Carlo, I just spoke to two people at the S Cal Motion Picture Council. They said that the banquet was to honor B. Harlan Boll. The president of the organization Randal Malone saw Mary in Las Vegas and asked if she would be available for the event. She made herself available and flew in for the event. They had confirmed that she was indeed given an award, but there seemed to be some stuttering or confusion when I asked them if her award was for individual achievement in the entertainment industry or if was being given to her for her participation in the event. I did not let the question go and asked it a few different ways. The conclusion is that they gave out many awards and that they are all called Halos. Mary got one of those awards. The two people that I confereneced with said that Mary did perform something acapella. I got the impression that it was not planned. They both spoke highly of Mary. Eventually, I got them to say that they awarded Mary for her contribution to the entertainment industry. I don’t know if this clears up anything, but at least we know that she did receive some kind of an award from them.

Then I stand corrected and send apologies to Carlo and congratulations to Miss Mary Wilson for her Golden Halo Award.

Humbly,

Roberta

marv2
09-23-2011, 12:53 PM

She received a similar award presented by Sean P. Combs [["Puffy") here in New York in '96 or '98.