PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations - Post Detroit albums on CD

test

snakepit
09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Has there ever been any indication that the post Detroit albums are going to receive the same treatment as the recent Smokey Robinson solo albums had.
I had a few on vinyl, liked most of them, and would welcome a 2fer type project on them. What say UMG?

jobeterob
09-06-2011, 02:20 PM
These would be excellent candidates for some kind of treatment ~ I imagine they were very strong sellers; more so than some of the 60's albums and way more so than Smokey's albums. Smokey must have some special pull at Universal, even now.

nabob
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not really clear on the meaning of Post-Detroit albums. Would that refer to the Atlantic LPs or Power, Surface Thrills, Truly For You, Back to Basics, To Be Continued, Special, etc. etc? I loved the LPs done after the return to Motown. Although there were no "real hits" by this time, the music was such that one could groove through an entire album. Quite unlike today.

whitesoxx
09-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I would love to see the Power album remastered and all those that came after [[Reunion, Back to Basics) etc!

nabob
09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
The Post Detroit albums:

snakepit
09-07-2011, 04:40 AM
I'm not really clear on the meaning of Post-Detroit albums. Would that refer to the Atlantic LPs or Power, Surface Thrills, Truly For You, Back to Basics, To Be Continued, Special, etc. etc? I loved the LPs done after the return to Motown. Although there were no "real hits" by this time, the music was such that one could groove through an entire album. Quite unlike today.

Nabob,
yes excluding the Atlantic....
your picture wall of albums was just what I had in mind really.I'd include all after Masterpiece.......... House Party, Temptations do the Temptations......and anything thereafter.

smark21
09-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Some of those album covers have not aged well at all, lol! The clothes, poses and graphics are just cheesy. I do like the Reunion and For Lovers Only cover shots.

snakepit
09-07-2011, 09:42 AM
books and covers...
you know the old saying

tomato tom
09-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Would be nice to see them reissued though, cheesy clothes and poses too...Paulo xxx

Bokiluis
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I am amazed how unfamiliar I am with the post "Power" albums. My most favorite is hands down "For Lovers Only". That remains on of their finest.

jobeterob
09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Boiklius is a hugely knowledgable Motown Fan and will be a big asset to this Forum.

paladin
09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Out of all those albums pictured I only have 2 on CD, For Lovers Only and Milestone. For Lovers Only was by far one of the best albums they ever made. Secondly its funny looking at To Be Continued and the weirdly titled Together Again.....[[1986 & 87 respectively)..although you could tell the photo shoots were close together, Ali Woodson was fired from the group, replaced by Dennis for that one album then Dennis left again and Ali came back.......only The Tempts....lol...

snakepit
09-08-2011, 05:50 AM
My point here is that if only vinyl versions of albums such as the above exist, then a lot of good music will be lost.....how many collectors and fans like me no longer have a vinyl player?.Same goes for groups like the Originals, Post Smokey Miracles, Jr Walker, and so on....

candykamaine
09-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I hope they get re-released on CD soon although I thought that "Truly For You" had already been re released in CD.