PDA

View Full Version : Syreeta - Set My Love In Motion to be released on CD at last!

test

whitesoxx
08-22-2010, 11:05 AM
On their Facebook page BBR records, my favorite reissues label along with Reel Music, have stated that they won't be releasing Syreeta's classic 1981 album on cd "because another label will". Hurray! Been waiting forever for this one to come out! Hopefully the CD it will include 12" and instrumental versions as well as detailed liner notes.

The album includes some classic Ollie Brown produced dance tracks that still sound fresh today, such as "Quick Slick", "Can't Shake Your Love" and "Move It, Do It".

I hope Reel will release this, or Hip-O, but Funkytowngrooves or Vinyl Masterpiece could also be the label that will be releasing this.

sbpg636999
08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry to say it's not Reel Music, as that's a title we did not request! Sorry, Paul

whitesoxx
11-03-2010, 03:28 AM
Details are here! Can't wait!
http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/Pre-Order-CDs/58/-Syreeta-Set-My-Love-In-Motion_Expanded/3075

Only thing I would have liked added was the instrumental versions of Quick Slick and Can't Shake Your Love.

midnightman
11-03-2010, 04:26 AM
I LOVE "Move It, Do It":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmGRnUAAHTE

This project was way different from her previous albums. It proved Ms. Wright could funk it up even more than she already was doing.

honest opinions
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Details are here! Can't wait!
http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/Pre-Order-CDs/58/-Syreeta-Set-My-Love-In-Motion_Expanded/3075

Only thing I would have liked added was the instrumental versions of Quick Slick and Can't Shake Your Love.

I understand your desire for completeness. Here is my personal AND professional opinion and theory on instrumentals.
We do have ONE: Move It, Do It.
Other than that one, it is a Syreeta album.
Thus even on bonus tracks- the focus should be on Syreeta and HER VOICE.
I respect the musicians. GREATLY. But too many instrumentals may make some DJ happy or even a radio guy looking for drops- but balance that with the fact that as a non Motown licensee, our focus has to be laser sharp. Because if it is not- then we are paying for music that is redundant- has nothing to do with the vocalist and thus subtracts from the bottom line in such a fashion that we might as well NOT put it out because we will NEVER make any money off of it.

But there may be an additional surprise regarding "Cant Shake Your Love" that has nothing to do with an instrumental. Or even the original 12" version. Stay tuned for more info!

RossHolloway
11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry to say it's not Reel Music, as that's a title we did not request! Sorry, Paul

Can you say what titles you did request? Or what titles that you requested, but were not granted a license for?

whitesoxx
11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
I understand that adding bonus tracks costs licensees money and that instrumental versions may not be everyone's cup of tea. However, I stated that I would have liked them added, because especially "Can't Shake Your Love" has that great synth bass and works very well as an instrumental. And I love the album, mainly because of Syreeta, but also because of the crisp Hal Davis and Ollie Brown production and the fine musicianship.

Still, I am forever grateful the album is finally coming out on cd and I am excited to see what the additional surprise will be!

captainjames
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Finally I am going to hear that angel voice again on "You Set My Love in Motion". What a crafty piece of expertise and outstanding vocals.

honest opinions
11-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I understand that adding bonus tracks costs licensees money and that instrumental versions may not be everyone's cup of tea. However, I stated that I would have liked them added, because especially "Can't Shake Your Love" has that great synth bass and works very well as an instrumental. And I love the album, mainly because of Syreeta, but also because of the crisp Hal Davis and Ollie Brown production and the fine musicianship.

Still, I am forever grateful the album is finally coming out on cd and I am excited to see what the additional surprise will be!

I heard and understood you. All I did in turn was express my opinion.

How do you feel about the other unreleased Syreeta albums?

whitesoxx
11-04-2010, 02:55 AM
I would love for all of Syreeta's albums to be released on cd, of course! So that's "Syreeta" [[1980), "Billy Preston & Syreeta" and "The Spell" please :-)

thommg
11-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I second the request for Syreeta [[1980). I loved that record and wore it out. I think it's one of her best.

tomato tom
11-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Anything that comes out on Syreeta is both a bonus and a blessing in my book. Bring it on..Paulo XXXX

blkfrost
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I ordered this CD in November. Its release was delayed until around December 27. Anyone received their copy? I would love to have "Syreeta" [[1980) and "The Spell" released on CD. A special treat would be the non-LP tracks, especially "And So It Begins" [[vocal and instrumental versions).

booty
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I received an email from Funkytown Grooves [[UK) on 31st December to tell me that both the Syreeta & Stacy Latttisaw CD's had been despatched. As of today [[5th) I am still waiting for them to be delivered.

honest opinions
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I received an email from Funkytown Grooves [[UK) on 31st December to tell me that both the Syreeta & Stacy Latttisaw CD's had been despatched. As of today [[5th) I am still waiting for them to be delivered.

Hello. I work for FTG. Universal contacted us on Jan 3rd to inform us our projects [[Stacy & Syreeta) would be ready on Jan 7th. They then have to be delivered to us. They will then be sent out. I do not know who sent you that email OR if it was automatically generated [[as in you might have ordered 5 cds- we sent the 3 that were in stock and are waiting to send the other 2 which would trigger an email send confirmation). But you now have the correct facts.

Delays are an unfortunate byproduct of being scheduled by the label- who then has most of their workers out the last 2 weeks of the year on holiday- between Dec 20 and Christmas. Throw the horrendous weather we have had in there and it is all a recipe for delay. Most companies are like this- I know. It Still doesn't make me [[or you) feel any better.

The day I received the CDs off the truck is the same day I start sending them out. So if Universal keeps to their amended late delivery- you should have your CDs soon. THANK YOU for being a customer. And if you can give me some more facts about that email? I have my theory- and it's best for ALL of us if we nip this in the bud. I value our customers and TRULY believe that honesty is the best policy. You may not like my answer- but know this...it will not be a lie.

Please accept our apology.

Donald Cleveland

honest opinions
01-05-2011, 10:58 PM
I ordered this CD in November. Its release was delayed until around December 27. Anyone received their copy? I would love to have "Syreeta" [[1980) and "The Spell" released on CD. A special treat would be the non-LP tracks, especially "And So It Begins" [[vocal and instrumental versions).

Without saying too much..... A friend at a certain reissue label is doing one of these titles [[hint=1980). You will be pleased. I do not know what date it is due- but it is coming.

DC

REDHOT
01-06-2011, 03:09 AM
This is great news, SYREETA'S Set my love in motion, cd.I can't wait to get it. I would also like to have on cd,The Spell,have anyone heard SYREETA sang, To Know? produced by Jermaine Jackson,this is SYREETA at her best.
Please stay positive

booty
01-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the update Honest Opinions. I thought the delay might be because of Christmas backlog. Please keep us informed of the status on this and the Stacy Lattisaw release, which I also have on order.

I will be home shortly and I'll check the mailing I received and get back to you. It isn't a problem really, because at least you have had the curtousy to update me, which is fantastic and really appreciated.

blkfrost
01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Honest Opinion, thank you for the update about "Set My Love in Motion" and the possibility of "Syreeta" being release on CD. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

honest opinions
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
This is great news, SYREETA'S Set my love in motion, cd.I can't wait to get it. I would also like to have on cd,The Spell,have anyone heard SYREETA sang, To Know? produced by Jermaine Jackson,this is SYREETA at her best.
Please stay positive

Just got an update that the CDs are being sent out today~! One day early. YEA! However since this is Thursday- they wont get to me until Monday [[because of the weekend) BOO! But now I KNOW MONDAY I will be sending these CDs out.

Which brings us to ordering. You can order from our website www.funkytowngrooves.com [[http://www.funkytowngrooves.com) . Three days later you can order from Dusty Groove www.dustygroove.com [[http://www.dustygroove.com) . A week later you can order from Amazon.com www.amazon.com [[http://www.amazon.com)

DON'T FORGET STACY LATTISAW-TAKE ME ALL THE WAY!
http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/Pre-Order-CDs/58/Stacy-Lattisaw-Take-Me-All-The-Way_Expanded/3074

booty
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Honest Opinions:

Copy of mailing received on 31st December

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for shopping at www.funkytowngrooves.com; your business is really
appreciated.
asd
Your order below has been despatched today.

If you have any queries with your order or delivery
please contact us on 01604 416100 or e-mail us here
http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/contactus.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Order, #xxxx, has been despatched.

Kind Regards,

Funky Town Grooves.

================================================== ==============

Now, looking forward to receiving them next week.

honest opinions
01-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Honest Opinions:

Copy of mailing received on 31st December

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for shopping at www.funkytowngrooves.com; [[http://www.funkytowngrooves.com;) your business is really
appreciated.
asd
Your order below has been despatched today.

If you have any queries with your order or delivery
please contact us on 01604 416100 or e-mail us here
http://www.funkytowngrooves.com/contactus.php

Your Order, #xxxx, has been despatched.

Kind Regards,

Funky Town Grooves.

================================================== ==============

Now, looking forward to receiving them next week.

You are supposed to get that when you receive a part ship order [[as in my original example). Did you order something else besides Syreeta? Thanks for the help in figuring this out.

DC

hwume
01-07-2011, 11:59 AM
May I add a brief note here:

First, a happy new year to all Motown fans!

Second, recent and forthcoming reissues of Motown recordings from our dedicated colleagues at Reel, FTG, Cherry Red [[and their imprints BBR and SoulMusic.com) and Ace are all authorized and from the original master tapes.

This is a concerted effort on the part of UMe to get out material that, due to the number of other projects on our own schedule, is otherwise sitting on the shelf - and should not be. With licensing and devoted "fellow travelers" in the cause, this music is getting a shot at release.

Plenty to come from the "label of origin," but in the meantime back to the original topic: enjoy Syreeta!

booty
01-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Honest Opinions:

As I mentioned in an earlier posting I ordered only the Syreeta & Stacy Lattisaw sets.

booty
01-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Have these been despatched? I am now concerned that having already received a despatch notice [[well before Funkytowngrooves even got their copies) that my order will not come up as being "waiting despatch" now!!!!

whitesoxx
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I also haven't received notice that it has been dispatched :-[[

Kamasu_Jr
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I've ordered Syreeta from Dusty Groove.

theboyfromxtown
01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I ordered 2 copies from that Funky Grooves site..got a bit confused with my account saying I dont have my country set but I got there in the end. It works out at £8.99 each plus £3 for postage. Amazon are putting it up for of £11.99

I noticed under that site's Japanese cd's that the Motown CD by Magic Lady is available. For those that dont know, that is a really good album...a bit pricey but it still is a very good album

http://www.funkytowngrooves.co.uk/Japan-Import-Reissues-[[wOBI)/76/Magic-Lady-Magic-Lady/3105

longtimefan
01-12-2011, 07:44 PM
My copy arrived today [[January 12) from Funky Town Grooves. Very well done with a nice essay about Syreet's career by Brian Chin. A great CD for about $12.

honest opinions
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Have these been despatched? I am now concerned that having already received a despatch notice [[well before Funkytowngrooves even got their copies) that my order will not come up as being "waiting despatch" now!!!!

Booty. I told you they went out Monday. Now- of course depending upon where you live you may have gotten them Tuesday, Today or even tomorrow. You would want to be cool and let the post office do their delivery work, right?

DC

honest opinions
01-12-2011, 09:54 PM
I also haven't received notice that it has been dispatched :-[[

If my memory is correct you dont live in the USA. I personally took care of the USA pre-orders and I know they went out Monday. Your CDs should ship tomorrow from the UK office. They had a delay in their shipment by 2 days and it all adds up. Sorry about that, but you will get it. And remember it's overall delayed in the first place because we ADDED A SONG after putting it on pre-sale. So remember what you paid for? You will now get MORE. That took a couple of days too.
Don't worry brother- we dont delay for NINE MONTHS like a certain other reissue label has done.

DC

whitesoxx
01-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Thanks Donald for the update, I look forward to receiving my copy!

paul_nixon
01-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I have that Magic Lady LP on vinyl - don't think it's ever been out of it's cover......

I ordered 2 copies from that Funky Grooves site..got a bit confused with my account saying I dont have my country set but I got there in the end. It works out at £8.99 each plus £3 for postage. Amazon are putting it up for of £11.99

I noticed under that site's Japanese cd's that the Motown CD by Magic Lady is available. For those that dont know, that is a really good album...a bit pricey but it still is a very good album

http://www.funkytowngrooves.co.uk/Japan-Import-Reissues-[[wOBI)/76/Magic-Lady-Magic-Lady/3105

gordy_hunk
01-14-2011, 07:14 AM
I have that Magic Lady LP on vinyl - don't think it's ever been out of it's cover......

I played mine once. Totally forgettable album.

thommg
01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I ordered mine a couple of days agao and got the "It's been dispatched..." e-mail yesterday. I also ordered the Thelma Houston two-fer cd. I'm excited to be getting both of these.

theboyfromxtown
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
I got mine this morning...

10 out of 10 from me!

theboyfromxtown
01-14-2011, 01:29 PM

Pity that wasn't the only thing that has never been taken out of its cover!

thommg
01-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Okay, that was pretty darn fast! I got both my cd's today - Syreeta, "Set My Love In Motion" and Thelma Houston, "Breakwater Cat" & "Never Gonna Be Another One". I have only one suggestion for Funky Town Grooves... On the next 2on1 cd, could you please give us bigger sizes on the original album art? Thelma seems so small on her cover! ;-)

Thanks for getting this music out to us. It is very appreciated.

topdiva1
01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Pity that wasn't the only thing that has never been taken out of its cover!

You got jokes - get a show of your own and stay on point instead of trying to be funny

144man
01-14-2011, 07:36 PM
You got jokes - get a show of your own and stay on point instead of trying to be funny

You want to make comments like that - become the moderator of your own forum.

juicefree20
01-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Another great job from H.O. & Funkytown Grooves!

I have to say that I loved the title track & my favorite was "Move It, Do It". I used to play that one a lot for my skating crowd.

honest opinions
01-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Another great job from H.O. & Funkytown Grooves!

I have to say that I loved the title track & my favorite was "Move It, Do It". I used to play that one a lot for my skating crowd.

Thank you, Sir~!

DC