jobeterob
09-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Chart Article

« Previous30-2120-1110-1Main »10
Survivor
Destiny's Child
Hot 100 Peak Position: 2
Peak Date: April 14, 2001
Newly reformed as a trio at this time, Destiny's Child fought negativity with this triumphant anthem. Beyoncé penned the smash song after hearing jokes on the radio of the groups internal changes. Not only did she sing, "I'm not gonna give up" - she prvoed the opposite when "Survivor" climbed all the way to No. 2..list divider9
Lose My Breath
Destiny's Child
Hot 100 Peak Position: 3
Peak Date: October 30, 2004
Destiny's Child came back strong after a three-year hiatus, showing off their dance skills in the video for this hard hitting Grammy nominated song. The first single from fourth studio album, "Destiny Fulfilled," "Breath" peaked at No. 3 on the Hot 100..list divider8
Say My Name
Destiny's Child
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[three weeks)
Peak Date: March 18, 2000
Destiny's Child third single from "The Writing's on the Wall" introduced the two new members, Michelle Williams and Farrah Franklin. "Say My Name," recently covered by Drake at OVO Fest, showed the new ladies were welcome: the song was DC's second Hot 100 No. 1 from their second album..list divider7
Jumpin' Jumpin'
Destiny's Child
Hot 100 Peak Position: 3
Peak Date:August 19, 2000
The quartet version of Destiny's Child conquered the club scene, if they hadn't already, with the fourth and final single from the group's second album, "The Writing's on the Wall." "Jumpin' Jumpin'" peaked at No. 3 on the Hot 100..list divider6
Single Ladies
[[Put A Ring On It)
Beyoncé
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[four weeks)
Peak Date: December 13, 2008
Though she already had nearly a decade of hits under her belt, Beyonce took the world by storm when she transformedinto Sasha Fierce on her third solo studio album, "I Am… Sasha Fierce." "Single Ladies [[Put a Ring on It)" and its oft-paroodied video found the leotard-and-heels-clad B literally dancing into a huge four-week run at No. 1 on the Hot 100..list divider5
Check On It
Beyoncé feat. Slim Thug
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[five weeks)
Peak Date: February 4, 2006
A little rap never hurt anybody, especially not Beyoncé. Three of Beyoncé's Hot 100 No. 1s feature rappers, including fifth longest-running No. 1, "Check On It," featuring Slim Thug [[and Bun B on the remix)..list divider4
Crazy In Love
Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[eight weeks)
Peak Date: July 12, 2003
Beyoncé proved naysayers wrong in a huge way with the blockbuster success of her first solo project, starting with the first No. 1 off the album, "Crazy in Love," featuring her guy, Jay-Z. It's one thing to nab the top spot, it's a whole other echelon when you can park your song there for eight weeks..list divider3
Baby Boy
Beyoncé feat. Sean Paul
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[nine weeks)
Peak Date: October 4, 2003Did you think "Crazy in Love" was a huge hit? Well, B topped that tune's two-month run at No. 1 with "Baby Boy" just a few months later. The Sean Paul collab hit the chart hard, hanging out at the top for nine weeks. The song is Beyonce's second longest running No. 1 as a lead artist..list divider2
Irreplaceable
Beyoncé
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[10 weeks)
Peak Date: December 16, 2006
The Ne-Yo-co-penned, mid-tempo ballad struck a chord with many with its female resilience. "Irreplaceable" marks Beyonce's longest-running No. 1 as a lead artist on the Hot 100 [[with an astounding 10 weeks there) and charting for 30 weeks total..list divider1
Independent Women Part I
Destiny's Child
Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 [[11 weeks)
Peak Date: November 18, 2000
Following the massive success of "The Writing's on the Wall," Destiny's Child could have easily phoned in a track for the "Charlie's Angels" film soundtrack. Instead, the then-newly-reconstituted trio released one of its electric singles, an ode to "all the mommas who profit dollas" that topped the Hot 100 for an amazing 11 weeks - when B was just 19!.list divider