PDA

View Full Version : after all the changes on here..........

test

tamla617
08-22-2010, 10:17 AM
i've forgotten the black pages etc this new look hs grown on me.its so much better and the message thing's good too.
anyone still missing the old site or are we all slowly finding this better

uptight
08-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, the white background is still hard on the eyes thus limits my time on this site. Plus we now have TWO banners on the top of page, taking up more real estate on the screen. Still waiting for improvements in the design.

nomis
08-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Im used to it now,though weve seemed to have lost some old members...

robb_k
08-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Im used to it now,though weve seemed to have lost some old members...

There were always people dropping out when the novelty wears off or they get busy with other things. The changeover may have just made inevitable leaving convenient.

ralpht
08-24-2010, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Usually people seem to drift back in.

jobeterob
08-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm doing my summer hikes in the mountains and can't look in very often. But...........the new forum has grown on me a lot; I'm surprised at the people that send me friend requests........different from those I would have expected. Someday, I'll send out a bunch of requests too.

I think the new forum helps people behave because there is a personal consequence.

I'm impressed overall.

I saw 5 mountain sheep rams way up the mountain today; so my face is windburned; and I'm tired; sore calves.................

I'll say tally ho gents and will join in soon. Cheers.

nomis
08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Nice to hear from you jobeterob,It must be wonderful to be in the moutains...

ralpht
08-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Don't stray from the trail, Rob.

paladin
08-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, the white background is still hard on the eyes thus limits my time on this site. Plus we now have TWO banners on the top of page, taking up more real estate on the screen. Still waiting for improvements in the design.

I thought Ralph and Company left it there to temporarily ease the pangs of withdrawal and let us know we were in the right place, while allowing us immediate access to what had went before, although in "read only mode". Yes sometimes I think the folks that run this joint are smarter than we give them credit for. Its been more than thirty days and I believe my rehab is complete......although sometimes late at night......LOL......

arrr&bee
08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I want my old room back i want the dark background back i want my youth back i wanna go back to elementary school[did i ever graduate??]i wanna bring back rotary dial phones...i wanna i wanna i wanna...but i can't so i'm here and i'm stayin!!!

robb_k
08-25-2010, 02:46 PM
I want my old room back i want the dark background back i want my youth back i wanna go back to elementary school[did i ever graduate??]i wanna bring back rotary dial phones...i wanna i wanna i wanna...but i can't so i'm here and i'm stayin!!!

I'm sure that after all the hard work of the transition is over, Lowell will be able to add a black "skin" to the default style, and you and others will be able to have a dark main background. Maybe he'll also have time to also activate the avatar and signature features.

arrr&bee
08-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey what's this[black skin]stuff i'll have al sharpton in here.....hehehehehehehe...just messin with ya robb!!!!

robb_k
08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
By all means bring Al here. Maybe he can answer some questions about the Soul Music scene in New York in the '60s? Certainly, he could answer questions about the Gospel/Spiritual music scene there!

arrr&bee
08-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,maybe he can robb..maybe he can!!

jobeterob
08-26-2010, 09:40 PM
A thunderstorm today while we were at the hot springs! No bears yet this year but I've got some awesome pics from last year - I saw a "Supreme" bear and it tried to eat somebody's ass - I saw fire coming out of it's mouth too.

Shortly, I get to go by a RED CANDY APPLE ~ I love those and it makes tonight a great night. Small things can bring such happiness.

I also saw some salmon jumping the falls to their spawning ground...........the furthermost spot they reach up the Fraser River. And a big eagle took off to join the feast! That was probably the highlight of the trip thus far.

Um..........new forum is great!

ralpht
08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm somewhat envious Rob. It sounds beautiful where you are. Watch out for the Griz.