PDA

View Full Version : Eid Mubarak

test

funky_fresh
08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
To any lurkers out there who understand.

I've been traveling much and have not had much time to attend to political discussions but to any of the brethren I wanted to wish them a happy Eid.

عيد مبارك

soulster
08-30-2011, 11:09 PM
I knew you were a Muslim! I knew it!

Nothing wrong with it, BTW, but from all the things you have written over the last year, it became obvious.

funky_fresh
08-31-2011, 10:17 AM
What is this the inquisition?

I wonder what you would have said if I wished everyone a happy Purim.

Rush Limbaugh is that you?

tamla617
08-31-2011, 03:39 PM

oy vey!
shukran siddiqi!

soulster
08-31-2011, 06:23 PM

Just cool it with the anti-Semitism.

StuBass1
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
I wish you the same funky fresh. I admit I had to google that particular greeting, and like most religions, eid mubarak is a greeting representing well wishes to it's followers...not to be confused with the bastardization of Islam which has been adheared to by fanatical and radical elements of individuals and groups who have cast that particular religion in a less than positive light. While those fanatics have sadly impacted the perception of Islam...they certainly are in the numeric minority. I only wish that the vast majority of responsible Muslims would be more vocal in their condemnation of the global troublemakers.

ms_m
09-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I only wish that the vast majority of responsible Muslims would be more vocal in their condemnation of the global troublemakers.

Funny how that works because I feel the exact same way about many White Liberals in this country who keep silent and or make excuses, when their “brethren” try to degrade and humiliate non people of color! Or… how people in general sit back and do nothing but criticize others while their country is being taking over by our own form of crackpots and terrorists.

To each their own issues I guess?

ms_m
09-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Israel Kicks Down its own Democratic Hill?

Part of the annual foreign policy ritual in Washington is that the US President, Vice President, and leading Members of Congress make major campaign and fundraising speeches, sign on to resolutions, and pledge unconditional support to Israel, often referring to it as "the only genuine democracy in the Middle East."

But will it remain so? The Israel Knesset just passed47-38 a bill outlawing its citizens from supporting any anti-Israel boycotts.

I have been to Israel and am always impressed by how wide the margins of debate are there -- far wider than inside the DC Beltway where thought control harassment and political intimidation have become art forms when it comes to discussing Middle East dynamics.

But in Israel, in the Knesset, there has been real debate for decades. I've spent quality time discussing issues in a completely civil manner with Orthodox rabbis, with members of the Shas Party, with members even of Avigdor Lieberman's party. I've talked with chairs of the various settlers' associations -- and have worked hard to develop relations across Labor, Kadima and Likud. Israeli politicians play hardball with each other - and the country, in the end, is better for the level of civil society debate demanded by citizens.
http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/2011/07/israel_kicks_do/

…and yes I very well aware President Obama supports Israel and I’m also aware the Republicans in congress showed Netanyahu more respect when he addressed them on their own turf than they ever showed their own president.

However, wrong is wrong no matter who supports it! You can’t give one side freedom and liberty while doing everything you can to deny the other side.

People all over the world need to wake up and understand this is not a perfect world, there are not any easy solutions, evil exists and always will and fair will not always be fair but you can’t simply sit back pointing a finger at one side and ignoring the four pointing back at you.

We all have a stake in making this a better country and a better world…it’s not only the other guy that needs to do something.