PDA

View Full Version : In stores today... Clark sister dorinda clark cole's "i survived"

test

glencro
08-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Grammy-winning contemporary gospel artist Dorinda Clark-Cole is ready to unveil I SURVIVED, her first full-length album since 2008's Take It Back. I SURVIVED premieres joyous and powerful new songs, including "God Will," "He Brought Me," "Holy One," "This Is Why," and the infectious lead single, Back To You . Recorded on the heels of a devastating house fire, and health scares for one family member and the loss of another, I SURVIVED is a declaration of perseverance, resilience, and an ever-growing faith in God.

On I SURVIVED, which is already being touted as a career-defining release for Clark-Cole, she collaborated with two of Gospel s most heralded and sought-after producers; longtime collaborator Asaph Alexander Ward [[Kim Burrell, Smokie Norful, Vickie Winans) was at the helm of the live session, which took place before an enthusiastic crowd in Nashville, TN, while super-producer Warryn Campbell [[Mary Mary, Brandy, Yolanda Adams) took the reins of the studio portion. The result is a powerhouse project rife with the absolute best of music and ministry.

Based in Detroit, Dorinda Clark-Cole developed her musical and performance crafts in the early 1970s as a member of the Clark Sisters, an influential multi-generational contemporary gospel vocal ensemble whose signature harmonies and intricate sound helped connect the worlds of R&B, pop and hip-hop with contemporary Christian music.

One of America's top female gospel groups, the Clark Sisters scored a crossover dance smash in 1983 with "You Brought the Sunshine," which hit #16 on the Billboard R&B Singles chart and #27 on the Billboard Dance Music/Club Play chart while its b-side, "Overdose of the Holy Ghost," provided a showcase for Dorinda's natural talent and vocal range.

Clark-Cole released Dorinda Clark-Cole, an eponymous debut solo album, in 2002; featuring the hits "I'm Coming Out" and a breathtaking "I'm Still Here," the album earned her a Soul Train Lady of Soul Award [[Best Female Gospel Artist) and a pair of Stellar Awards. 2005 saw the release of The Rose of Gospel, a live tour de force which brought home another Stellar Award.

Her 2008 solo album, Take It Back -- which included the songs "Faithful," "Praise Your Way Out," "Yesterday," "It's OK," "No Weapon," "If I Were," "Got To Hold On" and "Take It Back" -- became her third straight album to hit Top 5 on the Billboard Top Gospel Albums chart. The title track, which peaked at #2 on Billboard's Hot Gospel Songs chart, received a BMI Song of the Year Award.

I SURVIVED will be available in stores and online on August 30th!!!

glencro
08-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Hear samples here: http://www.amazon.com/I-Survived-Dorinda-Clark-Cole/dp/B005CAAX64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314721246&sr=8-1