PDA

View Full Version : Adele Someone Like You--best moment at MTV awards last night

test

smark21
08-29-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/684907/someone-like-you-live.jhtml#id=1668981

imnokid
08-29-2011, 11:35 PM
If that was the best moment, the show must have really sucked. I was just surfing and stopped at Adele's song in tonight's re-run and quickly left after about a verse and a chorus.

soulster
08-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Terrible. I can't stand Adele.

imnokid
08-30-2011, 02:08 AM
soulster-me either. I don't get the accolades. I didn't get Winehouse, either.

MIKEW-UK
08-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Ah, I thought it was only me!

From my post 25th feb this year;

I have seen too many false dawns in the UK of the next great British soul singer, and they just don’t fill those shoes. Over recent years in the UK, we have had a tidal wave of hype launching the careers of so-called Soul Divas; Duffy, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Estelle, Joss Stone, and Leona Lewis. Singers they are. Soul Divas they ain’t! It’s the PR machine trying to market them into a retro fashion market.

Anyway, not to worry...she's moving away from the soul market and onto something new....just like Joss Stone did...

Adele To Explore Country Music On Third Album
As her sophomore LP 21 reaches yet another milestone in America...
15:30, Thursday, 4 August 2011
Adele has revealed that she has "fallen in love" with country music, so much so, that she hopes the genre will influence her third album.

The Someone Like You singer, who is due to perform at the 2011 MTV VMAs later this month, claims to The Sun that she hopes to experiment with country and bluegrass sounds for the follow-up to her hit record, 21.

23-year old Adele explained: "I was exposed to a lot of country, rockabilly and bluegrass because I was touring for such a long time,"

"The melodies and to-the-point lyrics I have found in a lot of American styles of music is definitely something I'm going be pursuing heavily from now on."

The Rolling In The Deep hitmaker added: "I want to spend some time in Austin in Texas and Nashville, Tennessee, and learn about it."

carlo
08-30-2011, 11:37 AM
I love Adele, I think she has a wonderful voice. Although I find it difficult to listen to her music on a regular basis because her songs are so sad. Amy Winehouse was also a tremendous talent IMO. She had a real jazz-type of maturity in her voice. A breath of fresh air in today's music industry. I'll take Adele, Amy Winehouse and Dionne Bromfield over the likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga any day. It's nice to have some real young talent that do not require the assistance of autotune. Don't get me wrong, I think Lady Gaga is talented too, but she is just way over the top. It get's tiresome. Most of her style has been inspired by Grace Jones and Madonna. Its all been done before.

Those VMA's were pitiful. The worst awards show I've seen to date. They gave Britney Spears the Michael Jackson Lifetime Achievement Award, believe it or not.

imnokid
08-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I'll take Adele, Amy Winehouse and Dionne Bromfield over the likes of Katy Perry, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga any day.

I'll take none of the above, thank you.

luke
08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Totally agree with Carlo! PS And lets not forget who were sashaying all over the stage in provacative outfits with talent and SAYING SOMETHING in the 70s--LaBelle.

acooolcat
09-01-2011, 03:38 AM
imnokid - I'd love to hear Bettye sing Adele's ballad: what's the chance?

smark21
09-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Well...some of you may not have cared for it, but it made enough of an impression to power the song to number one on the itunes chart.

imnokid
09-01-2011, 12:41 PM
acoolcat-I could find no clip of a song called what's the chance to listen to

soulster
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Well, one man loves her voice, to others it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Then there are those who like fingernails on a chalkboard! I would rather listen to Ke$ha than Adele.

Maybe i'm the only one around here, but I heard a country phrasing in Adele's vocal style from the start. Apparently, a lot of country fans also heard it, and that's why she has a country following. Obviously, the attraction played off of each other because of the new direction she is perusing.

acooolcat
09-01-2011, 07:52 PM
imnokid - I was refering to 'Someone Like You', which Adele prefroms better here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemWRToNYJY

imnokid
09-03-2011, 03:20 PM
coolcat-not a chance. She's very choosy with her lyrics. She wouldn't sing about showing up to a guy she's done with. When she's done, she's done! haha