PDA

View Full Version : Aaliyah 10 years later!

test

jboy88
08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
10 years ago today we lost one of the greatest voices of my time When Aaliyah perished in a plane crash. Like Tammi Terrell and Selena before her and Amy Winehouse after, A talented young lady's life was taken just as her career was about to take a turn for the better.

I got the news the day after! My sister had overheard the details of the tragedy while we were at church and we were wondering whether or not it was a rumor. When we got home, I went online and learned it was true! Since I was into classic soul, of course, I'd experieced losing one of my favorite singers many times before. This however was not the case for my sister. Definately a sad time for a lot of R&B fans.

marv2
08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
I've heard one of the radio tributes this morning where they played many of her popular songs. I cannot believe it has been 10 years already. Rest in peace beautiful Aaliyah!

glencro
08-26-2011, 12:12 PM
It really is hard to believe that it has been 10 years. I've met her a few times and she was always friendly and was so petite in person. Back then I was a Purchasing Agent for an Women's Care facility and one of our doctor's was her gynecologist. Anita Baker was also a patient there. She was a talented singer with a sweet voice and I was looking forward to the "Sparkle" remake with her in it. Rest In Peace!!!