PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross posts on Facebook about Nick Ashford

test

jobeterob
08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Diana Ross
We have lost a talented writer and producer and a loving dear friend Nick Ashford. I send my thoughts and condolences. My heart goes out to his loving wife, Valerie Simpson and family. I send my love and prayers to you.

Thank you for all your great production and songs from Ain’t No Mountain High Enough to Reach Out and Touch, The Boss and many others. Your music will live on forever. You will truly be missed. DR

BayouMotownMan
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Beautifully done Miss Ross, short and accurate. RIP Nick, God Bless Val

Roberta75
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Diana Ross
We have lost a talented writer and producer and a loving dear friend Nick Ashford. I send my thoughts and condolences. My heart goes out to his loving wife, Valerie Simpson and family. I send my love and prayers to you.

Thank you for all your great production and songs from Ain’t No Mountain High Enough to Reach Out and Touch, The Boss and many others. Your music will live on forever. You will truly be missed. DR

Heartfelt and very classy.

Koach
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Yes. I saw this and shared it with members of another message board I post on.

jobeterob
08-24-2011, 02:35 PM
The writing sounds like it came from the real Diana Ross, not a ghost writer.

captainjames
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
You are right Rob, I was thinking the same think when I read it. I have been playing Nick and Val's recordings all day.

The writing sounds like it came from the real Diana Ross, not a ghost writer.

smark21
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
The FLOS also paid tribute to Nick Ashford on their Facebook page [[Scherrie Payne wrote the tribute) and Katherine Anderson Schaffner paid tribute to Ashford on the Marvelettes fan page at Facebook.

BobC
08-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Whether you are a fan or not, Diana Ross hows her class in moments like this.

Penny
08-25-2011, 11:03 AM
That is a lovely message.

Penny

uptight
08-25-2011, 06:07 PM
I believe the words in the messages come from Ms. Ross, but she has someone type it in. I don't see Ross posting links of her own videos herself.

smark21
08-25-2011, 08:56 PM
I believe the words in the messages come from Ms. Ross, but she has someone type it in. I don't see Ross posting links of her own videos herself.

One would hope so. Typing and linking are for minions, not divas and superstars.

jobeterob
08-25-2011, 11:32 PM
It was such an honor to perform on the same stage with Ashford and Simpson at the Sunset Junction several years ago. I'll always remember that night. It was special for me. I always loved and admired them over the years, not only for their tremendous talent, but for their endearing and loving relationship. Now, Nick has gone on to Glory. But, greatness never dies. His music and lyrics will last a lifetime and beyond. I pray for his wife, Valerie, and their two daughters, and ask that God will give them strength and comfort during this tremendous time of pain and loss.

Scherrie Payne — with Scherrie Payne.

robbert
08-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Diana Ross posted on FB, well, no big deal, IMO. So many others did, to pay their respect to Nick Ashford. Like Katherine Anderson Schaffner, ex-Marvelette.

ladonna
08-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Diana Ross posted on FB, well, no big deal, IMO. So many others did, to pay their respect to Nick Ashford. Like Katherine Anderson Schaffner, ex-Marvelette.

That's what I was thinking, Robert. ^^