PDA

View Full Version : Alexander o'neal, silk & christopher williams at ribs & soul fest

test

glencro
08-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Apologize for just posting this but I've had some computer issues over the past few days. Alexander O'Neal headlined Fridays show and Silk Saturday's show at Detroit's Ribs & Soul Festival downtown. Christopher Williams will be Sunday nights headliner. The festival is free and you can also get some ribs from some of the greatest chefs in the country.

paladin
08-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Alex baby ? I would have liked to see him. Any comments or reviews of his show, personal, local or otherwise ?

glencro
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I had the scheduel all wrong and went Sunday night and Alexander was the headliner. His band was hot, background singers ok and he was somewhat painful to watch. I'm an Aex fan and love a lot of his music but it was like watching your drunk uncle doing kareoke. The vocals are shot and he sang everything in the same loud flat key. Well, I won't say everything. After the 4th song I was outta there. It really was painful but he performed some of my favories All True Man, Sentimental, Criticize. I must add that I had some hellafying ribs though.

paladin
08-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Dam man sorry to hearr that, but I guess the ribs made up for it.....yummy ! When Alex was on point he was da shhhhhhh...