PDA

View Full Version : The leads of melvin franklin

test

arrr&bee
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
You know gang,when we discuss the temptin temptations most of the talk is about[david,eddie,paul,dennis]and sometimes otis,but hold the mic[blue]stepped out front once an awhile...old man river-i truly truly believe-ways of a grown up man-i could never stop loving you,are afew of his great leads although they weren't all hits they are still great songs from the best bass of em all...melvin forever!!!

marv2
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Didn't Melvin sing lead on "Try It Baby"?

paladin
07-28-2011, 10:16 PM
You know gang,when we discuss the temptin temptations most of the talk is about[david,eddie,paul,dennis]and sometimes otis,but hold the mic[blue]stepped out front once an awhile.

@ Marv.....Yes he sung the intro...........

Like he did on My Baby Must Be a Magician......

Jai, we all know Melvin was one of he most popular Temptations, his breakout song was "I Truly Believe" the flip side of I Wish It Would Rain........he cemented his legacy with Old Man River........

I am most pleased that young folk now know of Mr. Franklin from the Backberry "Power" commercial. When I hear it, it gives me chills.......check this out its pretty nice........

http://blog.jokeroo.com/2011/05/09/blackberry-playbook-commercial-song-power-by-the-temptations/