PDA

View Full Version : New Bonnie Pointer Album

test

jack020
07-28-2011, 05:58 AM
http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2011/07/bonnie-pointer-releasing-first-album-in.html

marybrewster
07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
It's nice to hear that artists like Bonnie Pointer and Tito Jackson are getting a "second lease" in recording life. I'm also glad to read that Bonnie is working with her sisters again; I know there was tension surrounding the family when she went solo and when June passed. Does anyone know if Bonnie has conquered her demons of drugs/alcohol? I've seen several clips on YouTube where she is clearly not in the right state of mind; such a sad waste for such a talent.

Speaking of the Pointer Sisters, I see there is a new member: Sadako Johnson. Is she a memeber of the Pointer family? And does anyone know what happened to Issa?

blueskies
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtSSFyTfifw&feature=relmfu

I was excited to hear Bonnie had a new solo CD out. After listening to several songs....hmmm. I guess I prefer her in the R&B style, which this didn't seem to be? But, I wish her well on her new music. As far as Issa, I thought I read she had a baby and moved on to pursue a solo career. But....don't quote me on that one.

Glenpwood
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Hipo Select needs to do a 2 disc combo of Bonnies Motown albums with both the original and disco versions of Heaven Must Have Sent You on it......

Roberta75
07-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Hipo Select needs to do a 2 disc combo of Bonnies Motown albums with both the original and disco versions of Heaven Must Have Sent You on it......

Yes, yes, yes. I'd love that.

Great suggestion Glenpwood.

Roberta

carlo
07-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, Sadako, who is Ruth's granddaughter, has replaced Issa, who stopped touring because she had a baby.

I'm not sure how Bonnie is doing these days. In recent clips with her sisters, she looks great. I know at one point she was going to be on Celebrity Rehab, but nothing came of it. At that time, I heard she had conquered her demons. However, drug addiction is a life long battle.

carlo
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Thank you Jack for posting this news. I had bought Bonnie's single, "Like A Picaso" on iTunes last year and I liked it. Glad to hear that the album is out. I think I might buy it. I like this acoustic rock sound she's got going on.

ladonna
07-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes, I agree; this is a very today sound for Bonnie. Good for her!

carlo
07-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I bought the album on iTunes. Listening to it right now on my stereo. I'm like what I'm hearing. This definitely isn't soul music, it's a rock album. There's also some slower jams on here. I love it.