PDA

View Full Version : "Tammi Terrell...The Complete Solo Collection" 2 CD set...

test

midnight johnny
08-20-2010, 08:07 PM
....on Hip-o Select....scheduled for release on Oct 19, 2010.
Note release dates are always subject to change.

sophisticated_soul
08-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks John. A lot of folks have been waiting a long time for this one. Especially me!

midnight johnny
08-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey, Joseph! Man....the wait for this one is going to be interminable!!!

sophisticated_soul
08-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I know, I didn't want to say it! Gonna be a long two months, mi amigo. But we're going to have a least one full disc of songs we haven't heard yet! Can't wait for the 3 big fat hours of the Tammi Show on Nightflight!

skooldem1
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Long overdue. Great news.

sophisticated_soul
08-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Long overdue. Great news.

It is! It is!

copley
08-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Can someone please post a link as I can't find it on Hip-O?

midnight johnny
08-21-2010, 05:59 AM
I don't think it is on Hip-O....I got the info from a different source....even more reliable [[*chuckle)

copley
08-21-2010, 07:21 AM
OK Thanks. I'll wait till it's confirmed before posting it elsewhere.

midnight johnny
08-21-2010, 08:05 AM
The info is from UME...I get their release listings. It's on there...

splanky
08-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Johnny, if I may ask, what does UME stand for? I've never heard of it...

copley
08-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Universal Music enterprises UMe for short.

splanky
08-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Thank you, copley.
Well, I checked Universal's website and couldn't find a mention of it...hmm....

http://www.universalmusic.com/news

splanky
08-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, whatcha think?....

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.public.catalog.asp?cat_id=9BE6C651-2C04-4F9B-A867-99626310086F

midnight johnny
08-21-2010, 08:59 AM
splanky...you found the place...I just think it's not quite ready for presentation yet. Remember....it's an October release.

pj1
08-21-2010, 09:28 AM
The teaser may also be found here:
http://twitter.com/musictap

splanky
08-21-2010, 09:46 AM
I don't do twitter.
Johnny, I see mention of Taylor Swift's October release, The Who's November re-issues and Maroon 5's late September
new music. As I don't have the inside connection you apparrently have I'll believe when I see it..

vcq
08-21-2010, 09:49 AM
The MusicTAP Twitter feed:

"Hip-O Select will release a 2CD set for Tammi Terrell called The Complete Solo Collection on October 19."

I also found a reference to it here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ichibanchrisradcliffe

"My Most Recent Consultancy Project Was For The Hip-O Records Release "Tammi Terrell - The Complete Solo Collection". This Brilliant Collection Of Features Tammi's First Recorded Duet, That Happened To Be With My Father Jimmy Radcliffe, Years Before Her Pairing With Marvin Gaye And The Historic Motown Classics They Created. This Project Will Include 4 Radcliffe Songs, Two Of Which Were Previously Unreleased And Will Be Released Shortly After The Documentary On Tammi Coming Out Later This Year."

splanky
08-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Yea, I saw that too, vcq, and it's the only reference google can find...Next?....

positivesoul
08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Wow, this is my first post under the new SD environment. I'm actually liking it, even tho I accidentally hit tab and lost everything I was going to submit! It's all good tho because I was attempting the likely impossible feat of describing just how deeply affected and genuinely excited I am about the coming Tammi Terrell collection. For me there has been no earthly artistic experience that approaches the satisfaction I receive hearing that phenomenon sing.

So bring it on, I'm more than ready!

ps... MJ, thanks for sharing this info :)

rovereab
08-21-2010, 07:49 PM
This is going to be a fantastic release.

tamla617
08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
well done to all who got involved in this release,along with the blinky and sisters love,its about time all i've got to add is oh yeah,oh yeah and oh yeah..............

midnight johnny
08-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow, this is my first post under the new SD environment. I'm actually liking it, even tho I accidentally hit tab and lost everything I was going to submit! It's all good tho because I was attempting the likely impossible feat of describing just how deeply affected and genuinely excited I am about the coming Tammi Terrell collection. For me there has been no earthly artistic experience that approaches the satisfaction I receive hearing that phenomenon sing.

So bring it on, I'm more than ready!

ps... MJ, thanks for sharing this info :)

PositiveSoul...believe me...I KNOW exactly how happy you are about this release!:)

dickiemint
08-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Will this collection include any pre - Motown material, or will it be Irresistible and some unreleased tracks?

theboyfromxtown
08-22-2010, 06:59 AM
dickiemint

Check out that link provided by VCQ. The CD contains duet tracks with amongst others, Jimmy Radcliffe of "Long After Tonight's All Over" fame.

copley
08-22-2010, 07:57 AM
John, I can't see any mention of Tammi on that link? Help please!

mrlonleyheart
08-22-2010, 10:17 AM
A complete Collection of Tammi´s material would be great, but I wish for myself it would be better released by reel music, because then we had a chance maybe for unreleased pre Motown songs of her during her Scepter years. Maybe in the vaults could be another songs with The Shirelles in the backround............!

splanky
08-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Hmmph...
This just keeps getting fishier and fishier as time passes by...
You can't see any mention of Tammi in that link because it sems someone has gone back
and edited out. Now I wonder why...
Hmmmmm........tuna, anyone?....

copley
08-22-2010, 01:00 PM
A complete Collection of Tammi´s material would be great, but I wish for myself it would be better released by reel music, because then we had a chance maybe for unreleased pre Motown songs of her during her Scepter years. Maybe in the vaults could be another songs with The Shirelles in the backround............!

Jan, Reel Music do not issue compilations only complete albums with the odd bonus tracks as leasing and mechanical royalties are high in the US compared to the UK. Just be thankful for what we are about to receive instead of reaching for something that we can't have. I for one am now always delighted with what's offered as times are hard and this type of release has a limited market.

bradsupremes
08-22-2010, 02:13 PM
The cover artwork is revealed....

http://twitpic.com/2h8322

copley
08-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Mmmm, what a lovely pic of Tammi. Also I noticed that it says 1961 - 1969 so that must mean we are getting her non Motown recordings like 'I Cried'. Yippee!

theboyfromxtown
08-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah....it's all changed.

Good job I read it all at the time. It was so VERY interesting wasn't it VCQ. In fact it was SO interesting, that we might need to have silver slipped into our greasy palms to remember any of it

*GRIN*

TammiTerrellFan10
08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I remember the first time I heard Tammi's voice. It was after Marvin had passed on. I was at a Buzzards Nest record store here in Columbus. They had Marvin & Tammi's Greatest Hits Lp on Sale. I think it was $4.99. I had never heard Tammi sing before, I knew she had passed on a long time ago, but I was curious about her sound. I took the record home and played it, fell in love with their sound. Within the next few years, I had all of the Tammi related albums, "United", "You're All I Need", "Easy", "Marvin & His Girls", "Motown Superstar Series Vol 2", "The Onion Song" and "The Early Show". I was very happy to see Ludie Montgomery & Vickie Wright's book, My Sister Tommie: The Real Tammi Terrell [[which is in the works to become a big screen film!). Now there's the Tammi "Unsung" episode and the upcoming Cd anthology. I believe this is Tammi's year to be discovered by new fans plus energize her old fans as well. :o

tomato tom
08-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Hear Hear...!

RossHolloway
08-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Wow. This is great news. I find it interesting that the cover art says recordings from 1961-1969. I thought because of her illness that she had stopped recording some time in 1968. I wonder if it will also clear up the whole Tammi-Valerie Simpson mystery.