PDA

View Full Version : Got my Hall & Oates concert tickets! What to expect?

test

tsull1
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
They will be in Portland, Oregon, over Labor Day weekend, got some very good [[but expensive) tickets. Can't wait! This will be my first H & O concert and I'm pumped up, been watching "Live from Daryl's House" the great online show, fantastic stuff.

For those who have seen them, what did you think of their live show? Thanks.

Doug-Morgan
07-24-2011, 07:46 PM
They had announced an appearance in Seattle with Fitz And The Tantrums at Bumbershoot on Labor Day, but the joint appearance appears to be off. Are they doing anything like that in Portalnd?

BTW, Dennis Coffey is also appearing at Bumbershoot the same day.....

paladin
07-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Love the show, you are in for a treat.

Glenpwood
07-25-2011, 12:25 AM
I gotta say even though I loved their singles output growing up they were one of the most disappointing acts I've seen live. Daryl was in fine voice but for some reason they thought they were the Grateful Dead and turned every song into a 10 minute freestyle jam. Of course, this meant they only did nine songs in an 90 minute set. At a hundred bucks a ticket it just wasn't worth the money spent. Hopefully they'll do more material when you see them.....

tsull1
07-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Well, I certainly don't want it to turn into a jam session, I love their top 40 hits and album cuts. I get ansy even at jazz concerts when the jammin' goes on for 20 minutes or so.

If they play "She's Gone" [[they better or I'll be pi$$ed!), "Everything Your Heart Desires," "Possession Obsession" and the great early album cut "Las Vegas Turnaround" I'll be very happy. If not all of those and some others, I'll still be happy. They have a large catalog to choose from so I hope they play a ton of songs instead of long jams. I saw a recent video on YouTube and they were doing some covers off their soul album, which is fine, but I'd rather hear Hall and Oates originals.