PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tu Jul 12, 9P-12M ET:"Remixes NEVER to be heard on Youtube again" Show!

test

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 11:47 AM

Folks...I KNOW that will bring THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE by some! As you may [[or may not) know [[or care), I've been booted from youtube, propelled by a strange complaint from a
NON-existant entity called "West Brand LLC" [[not Berry's company "West Grand") for copyright issues. Unlike Diana, I KNOW when I'm licked...getting old...the fight is gone.
I'm more than grateful for the support so many of you have given to me and my projects over the years. I particularly want to that Universal, Harry, and others who have NOT had an issue with me using their material to promote and pay tribute [[in my own small way) to the music and artists that I love so dearly....yes....even more than Philly Soul [[slightly more;)). It won't stop me from continuing to extend these songs that I, frankly, always thought were to short, and showing off some of that amazing background that we don't get to hear easily with the focus so often on the lead singer. THAT is what made me want to do these in the first place.
So tonight...and on occassion...I will bring some of the older extended versions and some new ones back to "Nightflight". I hope that won't keep you away. And I hope you who are interested will keep coming back to hear them...on "Nightflight"....on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans...and streaming live in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org)

Thanks again for the interest and support...I'm MOST appreciative:D!
John

My dear Chloe....

luke
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
:[[ They will be greatly missed!! Tell Chloe when one door closes...

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Luke....from your lips to God's ears......thank you.....

jobeterob
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Some things are very hard to understand. If WestGrand is not Berry's company, what interest do they have in these Songs? It doesn't make sense, does it?

MIKEW-UK
07-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Can find no record of a business WEST BRAND LLC. Are you sure it is not WEST BRANDS LLC? WEST BRANDS LLC is owned by Kanye West. his mother was the CEO.

Kanye West has been announced as the newest addition to the William Morris Agency, the firm that also represents Sean "Diddy Combs."

William Morris will oversee and negotiate all aspects of the Chicago rapper's recordings, production, publishing, touring, and endorsements.

"We've always believed that Kanye West is one of the most talented, driven, important artists to emerge in a long time," said West's manager Gee Roberson, of Hip-Hop Since 1978. "William Morris clearly shares that vision, and we're inspired by their creativity and energy. We look forward to working together to maximize Kanye's limitless potential as an artist, a personality, and a brand."

West will also pursue different business ventures through his newly formed company West Brands LLC, which will be overseen by his mother, Dr. Donda West.

A former college professor, Mrs. West has helped guide her son through a career that has earned him six Grammy's based off his critically-acclaimed albums The College Dropout [[Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam) and Late Registration.

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
It's all jealousy Johnny. You are too cool for school. Too cool for those fools who don't see the free exposure you provide. The way their acting one would think you were taking money from them. You do it for the love of the music. And they would rather destroy the love you have for the music than allow you to help them sell their songs. They're stupid. Find out who those fools really are so we can boycott their product and artists. You don't need me to tell your mixes are amazing, you've got many, many fans of the years who have done so. Your mixes will be alive and well on WOMR! See you on the radio tonight my friend.:cool:

copley
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Sorry to read the news. I think that YT have the wrong name it's West Grand Media LLC http://www.westgrandmedia.com/

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 06:23 PM
I'll be on for a bit tonight, but my first day back to work has left me pretty exhausted. Have a great show.Jim

luke
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Amen sophis soul-boycott!!

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Some things are very hard to understand. If WestGrand is not Berry's company, what interest do they have in these Songs? It doesn't make sense, does it?

Rob...."West GRAND" is Berry's company....not "West Brand LLC", which is where YouTube stated the complaint originated from.

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Can find no record of a business WEST BRAND LLC. Are you sure it is not WEST BRANDS LLC? WEST BRANDS LLC is owned by Kanye West. his mother was the CEO.

Kanye West has been announced as the newest addition to the William Morris Agency, the firm that also represents Sean "Diddy Combs."

William Morris will oversee and negotiate all aspects of the Chicago rapper's recordings, production, publishing, touring, and endorsements.

"We've always believed that Kanye West is one of the most talented, driven, important artists to emerge in a long time," said West's manager Gee Roberson, of Hip-Hop Since 1978. "William Morris clearly shares that vision, and we're inspired by their creativity and energy. We look forward to working together to maximize Kanye's limitless potential as an artist, a personality, and a brand."

West will also pursue different business ventures through his newly formed company West Brands LLC, which will be overseen by his mother, Dr. Donda West.

A former college professor, Mrs. West has helped guide her son through a career that has earned him six Grammy's based off his critically-acclaimed albums The College Dropout [[Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam) and Late Registration.

Mike...thanks!
Yes...I DID see that one reference when I googled the name, but I couldn't quite get the connection, since I have not
touched Kanye's music.

MIKEW-UK
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Copley got it right, nothing to do with Kanye.

Michael Lovesmith, former Evp of Jobete Music Publishing, is President and CEO of West Grand Media

In addition to being a Motown artist, composer and producer, he was also responsible for the Jobete catalogue. West Grand Media is Michael Lovesmith's Intellectual Property Protection company.

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
It's all jealousy Johnny. You are too cool for school. Too cool for those fools who don't see the free exposure you provide. The way their acting one would think you were taking money from them. You do it for the love of the music. And they would rather destroy the love you have for the music than allow you to help them sell their songs. They're stupid. Find out who those fools really are so we can boycott their product and artists. You don't need me to tell your mixes are amazing, you've got many, many fans of the years who have done so. Your mixes will be alive and well on WOMR! See you on the radio tonight my friend.:cool:

Joseph...when it rains, it pours...eh? Thanks...I appreciate your support so much. Yes...the remixes will be around....just not so conveniently, I suppose. See you later, my friend....

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Sorry to read the news. I think that YT have the wrong name it's West Grand Media LLC http://www.westgrandmedia.com/

Copley...thanks!

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I'll be on for a bit tonight, but my first day back to work has left me pretty exhausted. Have a great show.Jim

Great Jim! See you there....errrr...here!

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Copley got it right, nothing to do with Kanye.

Michael Lovesmith, former Evp of Jobete Music Publishing, is President and CEO of West Grand Media

In addition to being a Motown artist, composer and producer, he was also responsible for the Jobete catalogue. West Grand Media is Michael Lovesmith's Intellectual Property Protection company.

Mike...well....maybe there is something to that. Lord only knows....

jobeterob
07-12-2011, 08:03 PM
So.......he is anal and takes his ownership rights extremely seriously to the "nth" degree, not seeing the sheep for the wool, much like music company executives that have been shooting their nuts off one at a time for the last 10 years.........???

lovechild
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Who-tube? what's that? hey JP sorry to hear the news but we know where you're at, so keep those stretches comin' at us on Tuesday nights! Have a good show!

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Who-tube? what's that? hey JP sorry to hear the news but we know where you're at, so keep those stretches comin' at us on Tuesday nights! Have a good show!

Thanks, Tony!!! Awwww....what can I say...what's done is done....gotta move on to other things. Glad you'll be here....

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 08:47 PM
...in the studio....hey, all!

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Did anyone here have the Millie Jackson album Sh*tter Get Off The Pot?

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Did anyone here have the Millie Jackson album Sh*tter Get Off The Pot?

Do you mean "Back To The S**t!? I have that one.

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Millie Jackson, The Miracles, Dionne "You're Fired" Warwick: nice mix John.

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Do you mean "Back To The S**t!? I have that one.

Yes, Joseph, that's it.

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 09:25 PM
ahh back when Dionne could rely on Burt Bacharach and not Linda Georgian to tell her when her man was with someone else.... and not pay $3.99 a minute for the information;)

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Millie Jackson, The Miracles, Dionne "You're Fired" Warwick: nice mix John.

Thanks, Jim!

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:27 PM
I was surprised when Linda Georgian didn't know Dionne's career would go down the tubes by promoting the Pyschic Friends Network.

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 09:30 PM
evening Johnny, Jim and everyone..... always a pleasure....

Oh Johnny, is tonight is all about your fabulous extended versions, did Extenze pony up any dollars to sponsor the show and run their commercials tonight? hehe

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Oui Maman!

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 09:34 PM
careful, Sign Of The Times always makes me wanna go shopping at Target.....

I saw Petula in concert earlier this year in Florida and she still gives a great performance at 78 years young....

lovechild
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the Petula half n half Great Job JP :)

kenneth
07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Love "All Strung Out." The greatest duet by Nino and April...definitely very influenced by their work with Spector as our host pointed out.

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 09:39 PM
evening Johnny, Jim and everyone..... always a pleasure....

Oh Johnny, is tonight is all about your fabulous extended versions, did Extenze pony up any dollars to sponsor the show and run their commercials tonight? hehe

Thank you and Welcome, Glen!! Extenze....indeed!

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the Petula half n half Great Job JP :)

Merci, monsieur Anton

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm All Strung Out on post nasal drip.

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Everything's sounding great Johnny! I'm sure my most favorite MJ remix is on tonight's schedule, yes?:cool:

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Love "All Strung Out." The greatest duet by Nino and April...definitely very influenced by their work with Spector as our host pointed out.

Welcome, Kenneth!!! It truly is a magnificent song....

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm All Strung Out on post nasal drip.

So the surgery went okay?

JimBagley
07-12-2011, 09:50 PM
So the surgery went okay?

I think so. I'm just a nosedrip away from nirvana.

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Everything's sounding great Johnny! I'm sure my most favorite MJ remix is on tonight's schedule, yes?:cool:

Thanks Johnny!!

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 09:58 PM

Well......hmmmmmmmm....which one is that??? Kidding...of COURSE!!!!

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 09:58 PM
love all the extra Wooooooooo's in the extended Back In My Arms Again.... you cant deny the soulfulness of Florence Ballard

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks Johnny!!

My pleasure....it's just too short!!!

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 10:02 PM
tell the scientists I've gone green by buying every recycled version of My Girl and Baby Love Motown puts out......;)

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Love the 5th Dimension's version of The Rainmaker..... always used to amuse me during my years of running CD stores that I could go to the shelves, pull a copy of a 5D Greatest Hits CD, open and play it overhead and sell it by the time it finished every time no matter what customer mix was in the store...

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Excellent, The Orlons Medley! My 2nd favorite MJ remix. Thank you my friend! Perfect!:cool:

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 10:51 PM
................................:D

lovechild
07-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Great show tonight JP - loved the Toys medley and now groovin' on Chad and Jeremy :)

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Great show tonight JP - loved the Toys medley and now groovin' on Chad and Jeremy :)

Thanks Tony...and this is for you...............

lovechild
07-12-2011, 11:17 PM
LINDA! thank you thank you mr DJ JP ;)

lovechild
07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Pet sounds so stunning on this track

midnight johnny
07-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Folks....thanks for sharing this time with me....a lot of fun....and soul reconstituting!!!! Have a GREAT WEEK!

Glenpwood
07-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Johnny, fantastic show playlist as always.... YouTube doesn't know what it's lost. Enjoy your week!

lovechild
07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Awesome show tonight Johnny! Looking forward to more and more of your masterpieces. Have a super week :)

sophisticated_soul
07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Top notch Johnny! Thanks everybody! See you next time.:)

midnight johnny
07-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Johnny, fantastic show playlist as always.... YouTube doesn't know what it's lost. Enjoy your week!

Thanks, Glen! Take care!

midnight johnny
07-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Awesome show tonight Johnny! Looking forward to more and more of your masterpieces. Have a super week :)

Tony...thanks! You have a great week yourself.

midnight johnny
07-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Top notch Johnny! Thanks everybody! See you next time.:)

Joseph...thanks!!! See you soon!

redlabs
07-13-2011, 07:35 AM
John,
sorry to hear that this is happening. i always enjoyed your remixs . some have nothing better to do. keep us updated with the remixs,david[from b'more]

stephanie
07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Forget these westgrand nuts they are going to regret this one day. Keep going man you had the only remixes I ever listened to,
Steph

MotownSteve
07-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi John, a change in my life situation as taken me out of listening to your show. However, I do check the comments the next day. Don't these fools realize that people listen to your remixes and then seek the original material. It was through this community that I found docludi's Channel and then Tammi's Two Can Party. I went out and bought the movie Hellza Poppin'. Need I say more?

midnight johnny
07-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Forget these westgrand nuts they are going to regret this one day. Keep going man you had the only remixes I ever listened to,
Steph

Stehanie...thanks so much for your support! I don't know if they would regret it....I'm less than a blip on their radar.

midnight johnny
07-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi John, a change in my life situation as taken me out of listening to your show. However, I do check the comments the next day. Don't these fools realize that people listen to your remixes and then seek the original material. It was through this community that I found docludi's Channel and then Tammi's Two Can Party. I went out and bought the movie Hellza Poppin'. Need I say more?

Steve...I've missed your presence on the SDF on show night. Thanks so much! Join us when you can....

MIKEW-UK
07-25-2011, 03:16 PM
you'll want to watch this before it gets taken down.....the irony!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve1dSybbMjQ

texassoul
07-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Joseph...when it rains, it pours...eh? Thanks...I appreciate your support so much. Yes...the remixes will be around....just not so conveniently, I suppose. See you later, my friend....

John, any news as to where you will repost your extended remixes??

texassoul
07-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Johnny??? :[[

midnight johnny
07-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Johnny??? :[[

Sorry, Mike! Sometimes I miss a few posts...I don't get to SDF as often as I used to. Thanks so much for your interest, which I have always appreciated. I looked at a few sites but they didn't seem "Midnight Johnny Remix" friendly, as youtube had mostly been.
But if you have any ideas, Mike....let me know. I have most of the remixes with videos on my hard drive collecting dust.
Thanks again, Mike, so very much.
John

texassoul
08-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Sorry, Mike! Sometimes I miss a few posts...I don't get to SDF as often as I used to. Thanks so much for your interest, which I have always appreciated. I looked at a few sites but they didn't seem "Midnight Johnny Remix" friendly, as youtube had mostly been.
But if you have any ideas, Mike....let me know. I have most of the remixes with videos on my hard drive collecting dust.
Thanks again, Mike, so very much.
John

There are a number of soul music websites and internet stations in the UK [[i.e. www.starpointradio.com). I will check with my DJ friends in the UK for ideas for where you could post your vids.

midnight johnny
08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
There are a number of soul music websites and internet stations in the UK [[i.e. www.starpointradio.com). I will check with my DJ friends in the UK for ideas for where you could post your vids.

Thanks so much. Mike...I really appreciate it!
John

motownrichie
08-18-2011, 06:45 PM
there is a web site called angelfire a friend of mine useds this site his page is called beatles outfakes on his page he has recording that were passed around as beatles out takes but there fake maybe john you can put your awesome remixes on this site with out the bs of youtube have a soulful day richie