PDA

View Full Version : Bettye lavette concert jazz café london

test

MIKEW-UK
07-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Just got in from seeing Bettye Lavette’s London concert, at the Jazz Café, a small intimate setting with about 400 maximum audience. This gave us the chance to see Bettye right up close and personal. To say she gave an awesome show is kind of redundant; I am convinced every show she gives is awesome, such is the commitment, the energy and the honesty she delivers with such passion. Wearing a bright red, tightly fitted outfit, Bettye made a dramatic entrance down stairs to the stage where she held court for the entire show. Singing is only part of what Bettye is about, she has the personality, the humour, the intelligence and wit to command the stage, and nail the audience’s attention. Her laughter and warmth showed she is obviously in a very happy place in her life right now, and enjoying the respect and attention she merits after 40 plus years working her craft.

Her band must also be mentioned as the four guys on keyboards, bass, drums and guitar provided peerless backing and vocal support.

Her set list covered all aspects of her long career, from the oldest to the newest…. the list included He Made A Woman Out Of Me, The Stealer, Heart of Gold, Choices, Little Sparrow, Joy, Close As I’ll get To Heaven and It Don’t Come Easy.

Great show from a true legend!

paladin
07-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I am convinced every show she gives is awesome, such is the commitment, the energy and the honesty she delivers with such passion. Wearing a bright red, tightly fitted outfit, Bettye made a dramatic entrance down stairs to the stage where she held court for the entire show. Singing is only part of what Bettye is about, she has the personality, the humour, the intelligence and wit to command the stage, and nail the audience’s attention.

Truer words have not been spoken. "Close as I'll Get To Heaven" is my favorite tune by Mrs. Lavette and its a show stopper. As we have written time and time again on these forum pages, her band is straight up killer.......glad you enjoyed the show, Mike you are the man, if you ever get close to Chicago, I got something for you....lol.....

MIKEW-UK
07-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Chicago......what you got Paladin for me, snowshoes and a caribou coat? Last time I was there, I got frostbite!

Someone has already posted about seven clips of the show on YouTube under Bettye Lavette 2011.07.07

Despite the mediocre video quality, the sound is quite good and her performance transcends the technology limitations

Here's one link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkQpKsRKLHM VERY VERY FUNKY!!!! This is how it's done - full stop!

To make it easy for you, David Nathan has posted all the clips in one place on his 'solumusicglobal' youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL637727B061D32E35

paladin
07-08-2011, 09:49 AM
No problemo my friend, I have this super secret mountain toddy recipe that I borrowed from Jai and its a killer, plus I have this :

sorry I couldn't post the link or image, I'll get back to you...lol......

MIKEW-UK
07-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Your super secret mountain toddy recipe ain't no secret no more.............

Cinnamon-citrus-honey hot toddy
Serves 2
2 oz brandy, whiskey or rum
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 lemon, juice and peel
2 cup hot water
1 tea bag
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 clove
Pour honey in a tea pot. Add the liquor, the juice and peel of the lemon. Add the cinnamon stick and the clove. Meanwhile heat the water in a tea kettle and add the tea bag to make hot tea. Pour the steaming tea into the tea pot and stir.

ralpht
07-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Mike,
I've been fighting this really crappy cold for the past couple of weeks. I think I need to give your toddy a try.

paladin
07-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Cheers ! made right here in Chicago

.........Oh yeah Ralph get well soon, colds can make you cranky ........

MIKEW-UK
07-08-2011, 02:31 PM
3304Paladin, you are going off topic.... but whilst we are at it, the rules are:

[[1) ALWAYS serve ale in a dimpled glass with a handle!

[[2) NEVER EVER chill the glass!

[[3) NEVER EVER chill the ale!

[[4) ALWAYS serve with a head

[[5) ALWAYS stand when consuming

[[6) NEVER consume more than one pint an evening

OK, what's this thread about, back to Bettye!

ralpht
07-08-2011, 02:46 PM
What? Me cranky?

MIKEW-UK
07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
More videos of Bettye performing, all in one convenient place on David Nathan's YOUTUBE CHANNEL SOULMUSICGLOBAL.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SoulMusicGlobal?feature=mhum and scroll down bottom left hand corner.

Take a look at the comments.........Number one soul singer in THE WORLD! Well, we all knew that anyway.