PDA

View Full Version : Forthcoming BBC Radio 2 Documentaries

test

alanh
07-07-2011, 03:45 PM
BBC Radio 2 has announced some mouth watering documentaries which are due to be broadcast over the summer. No dates yet, but look out for:

'The Queen Of Soul: The Legend Of Aretha Franklin' a two-part tribute presented and produced by Paul Sexton.

Craig Charles presents 'Way Down South: The Muscle Shoals Story', the story of the Fame Studios.

'Where Is the Love – The Story Of Donny Hathaway'

'The Amazing Mavis Staples' with Ricky Ross, front man of Deacon Blue, in conversation with Mavis.

Smokey Robinson profiles the recording of 'What's Going On' in 'Marvin Gaye – What's Going On 40th Anniversary'.

I think we need to be careful when we book any holiday!

tamla617
07-07-2011, 05:42 PM
thanks very much!how good do those sound?i cant remember a list like that ever.
really.thanks again for the letting us know

alanh
08-02-2011, 10:47 AM
A reminder that - in case you missed it or forgot - the first part of the Aretha Franklin tribute was broadcast on Radio 2 last night and is now on the iPlayer. It covered her life and music up until the end of the sixties. Part 2 is TONIGHT [[Tues 2nd) at 10.00pm.

August is Summer Of Soul month on the station. The Fame Studios documentary is being broadcast on Wednesday 10th at 10.00pm.

On Monday 8th there's a repeat of 'The King Of Motown - Berry Gordy', presented by Marshall Chess. On Tuesday 9th, there's a repeat of 'Super Bad, Super Cool' with Pam Grier looking back at the 'blaxploitation' films. Both are also at 10.00pm

I'm assuming the rest of the new programmes will be rolled out week by week during the month.