PDA

View Full Version : Coming July...I Hear A Symphony on green vinyl from Elemental Music

test

carlo
05-22-2024, 09:49 PM
https://elusivedisc.com/the-supremes-i-hear-a-symphony-lp-green-vinyl/

jack020
05-23-2024, 04:15 AM
I hope Elemental will release some harder to get titles this year.

thanxal
05-23-2024, 07:55 AM
Nice. Keep 'em coming!

Circa 1824
05-23-2024, 03:44 PM
Is this new release remastered?

marybrewster
05-23-2024, 04:20 PM
So nice to see someone is releasing Supremes!

Starguard4
05-23-2024, 04:56 PM
So nice to see someone is releasing Supremes!

Yes it is... but on the wrong damn format, for many of us. Finished with vinyl, long long ago, and there ain't no turnin' back LOL.

lakeside
05-23-2024, 05:27 PM
Yes it is... but on the wrong damn format, for many of us. Finished with vinyl, long long ago, and there ain't no turnin' back LOL.

I'm with you Starguard4.

carlo
05-23-2024, 08:42 PM
Is this new release remastered?

It's not a new remaster that was done for this vinyl release. They're likely using hi-res digital transfers/files from previous Universal releases that came out on CD and digital. I was listening to my copy of Elemental's Where Did Our Love Go vinyl today and while the pressing quality is very good [no pops, clicks], the audio seems to have come from a digital source. I did a comparison with my original stereo vinyl of WDOLG and I noticed it has more warmth, bass and depth/detail, whereas the Elemental release sounds compressed and less detailed. That being said, it's harder and harder to find original vinyl pressings nowadays without the wear and tear, so these new pressings are a decent alternative. Plus, it allows The Supremes' music to live on via the increasingly popular vinyl format, which is being sought out and collected by the younger generations.

carlo
05-23-2024, 08:48 PM
Here is the confirmation that someone previously received from Elemental regarding some of their jazz releases that they had licensed from Universal:

""All these titles are sourced from HI RES unmastered originals in digital files delivered by UMG. They were prepared for vinyl in a Studio here in Europe. Don’t have much info about the mastering process involved in preparing a master for vinyl."

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/blue-note-elemental-music-source-good-news.733338/

BayouMotownMan
05-24-2024, 08:56 AM
I'll be saving $30 on this one. The EE done by Andy et al is the one to have.