PDA

View Full Version : Sinitta

test

marybrewster
04-09-2024, 05:54 PM
Is anyone familiar with the artist Sinitta? It appears she released an EP in 1993 entitled THE SUPREME EP which features:

WDOLG
STOP!
YCHL
and Diana's REMEMBER ME

Bit of trivia: Sinitta is the daughter of disco diva, Miquel Brown.

carlo
04-10-2024, 10:09 PM
Yes, I love Sinitta! Her music is so cheesy, but it's 'campy 80's UK dance pop' at its best, imo. She was Simon Cowell's first artist. I am familiar with her cover of WDOLG, as it's on a compilation of hers that I own. I didn't know she covered the other three songs you listed and didn't know about the Supreme EP. Neat! Thanks :)

Ollie9
04-11-2024, 07:54 AM
Songs like “So Macho” sound as evergreen today as when first released.:rolleyes:

markdtiller
04-15-2024, 10:40 AM
I remember reading somewhere at the time, probably on a FLOS newsletter, before the release, that the Former Ladies of the Supremes [[Scherrie Lynda & Jean at the time) were going to be joining Sinitta on one of the songs, but either it didn't happen or the song they contributed to wasn't included.

marybrewster
04-15-2024, 05:23 PM
I remember reading somewhere at the time, probably on a FLOS newsletter, before the release, that the Former Ladies of the Supremes [[Scherrie Lynda & Jean at the time) were going to be joining Sinitta on one of the songs, but either it didn't happen or the song they contributed to wasn't included.

Makes sense. Sinitta was a part of Ian Levine's pool of stars.

Levi Stubbs Tears
04-15-2024, 09:48 PM
Sinitta WAS cheesy but I still loved some of her S-A-W songs like GTO & Cross My Broken Heart.

They sometimes used to refer to themselves as 'The Hit Factory' which I often thought was a throwback to Motown's production-line 20 years earlier.