PDA

View Full Version : Berry & Diana: The Movie

test

skooldem1
08-19-2010, 08:10 PM
A great movie could be made of Berry's relationship with Diana. I always thought of them as one of entertainments greatest duos. Together they accomplished alot. Some of it was historic. Theres always call for a movie to be made about the artist, but what about one about Berry, the business, and his personal life? Can a movie be made about Berry with he being the focus and the music, although prominent, secondary? I read the following quote over at Dick's Diana Ross website. I feel Diana was very candid here. Side note. There were many gems like this in her book [[see below). What do you think about what Diana said? Even if you think the idea I mentioned wouldn't work, what about their relationship and Diana's point of view in general?

"How do I begin to define my relationship with Berry, a connection that began when I was fifteen and, although it has completely altered, still exists today, some thirty five years later? As all relationships do, ours went through many changes and took on various forms over the years. Sometimes Berry was a father to me, at other times a partner and cohort, and finally, at others, controlling and dominating. He and I could sail along on the identical wavelength, riding the surf so perfectly in communion that we left everybody else on the shore, or we could clash so dramatically that the treacherous seas we left in our wake would be hazardous for any craft. Berry was one of the most important men in my life when I was young. We went to some ecstatic places together, and then we could be shockingly out of touch. Even when I was deeply wounded by the startling lack of sensitivity he was capable of demonstrating, even when I felt unseen and emotionally abused, I always recognized him as an incomparable visionary, a dynamite character, a special human being."

MissLish
08-19-2010, 11:57 PM
I have often wonder why the Diana Ross/Berry Gordy love story has never been told. Throw in the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and you have quite a compelling story. One day, some smart author/screenwriter will mount this endeavor. Maybe some of the members of SDF should get the ball rolling?

jobeterob
08-20-2010, 01:38 AM
I'm fairly sure it will be done someday; but probably not in their lives; and Berry probably has got some say over Jobete music being used in movies about him or his life, at least while he is alive; that would have been smart negotiating; and he might have it covered during Diana's life as well. Isn't this how Berry has thwarted many a movie?

There is this line in the law ~ you can't offend the law against perpetuities; but you can cover the life and lives in being plus a certain number of years. I haven't thought about that since law school; I should check this out again!

theboyfromxtown
08-20-2010, 02:59 AM
When these films are made, there is always the "truth", the "almost the truth" and the "not truthful at all".

I wouldn't worry about digging those old books out Rob. After seeing those fire photographs, I'd like you to think about packing your books away in boxes and moving home to a more safer area.

bobkayli
08-20-2010, 03:46 AM
It would no doubt require both their permission and would probably need a lot of other permissions too from people on the sidelines of many of their most interesting moments.

I don't see that permission coming. Both Berry and Diana are very rich and comfortable so don't need the money. Also it would stir up a lot of old emotions from many people which i would also guess they don't need.

Maybe a Dreamgirls type of story could work?

supreme_lady
08-25-2010, 04:45 AM
It would be a great story to tell, those two has sure come a long way.
They even had a child together, which would always keep them forever bonded.
I really hope we get to see their story on the big screen some day.

topdiva1
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
The Berry Gordy/Diana Ross love story will never make the screen while they are alive. Possible the best take on the love between these two icons is in Berry Gordy's book - TO BE LOVED,