PDA

View Full Version : Marveletttes Ignored in Grammy Tribute Segment

test

daviddesper
02-05-2024, 01:17 PM
As you may know, all the major awards shows have a feature in which they pay tribute to artists who have passed away since the last show. So last night's Grammy Awards featured such a segment.

Since we lost both Wanda and Katherine in 2023, I had hoped that they might be included in that tribute. Sadly they were not even though Mary Weiss, Melanie and Marlena Shaw were. In fact I do not recall any Motown connections being included.

I guess that just shows that the rest of the industry no longer regards Motown with the same admiration as we do on here.

reese
02-05-2024, 01:44 PM
I didn't see Katherine acknowledged last night.

Wanda passed in 2021, and was acknowledged during the Grammy In Memoriam segment the following year.

daviddesper
02-05-2024, 03:33 PM
My goodness I had no idea it had been that long since Wanda died!!! Thanks for the correction. I would have sworn it was more recent than that. I would have missed that memorial segment because I probably had not seen the Grammys in several years.

midnightman
02-06-2024, 11:53 PM
Wanda got acknowledged by the Grammys in 2023. I guess no one is familiar with Katherine? Did Gladys get acknowledgment at the 2012 Grammys?

copley
02-09-2024, 03:03 PM
Lots of other well known artists were not mentioned not just Kat.