PDA

View Full Version : Happy Canada Day

test

Doug-Morgan
07-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I keep wanting to call it Dominion Day, but the spirit's the same. My best to our friends north of us.

marv2
07-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Have fun everyone up there. Have a LaBlatts Bleu on ME! LOL!

robb_k
07-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes, - Happy Canada Day to Jobete Rob and our other Canadian members. It's a workday for me today, no longer residing in Canada, [[but then almost all days [[including weekend days) are, for me.

Doug-Morgan
07-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Where are you now?

As an old folkie, I would like to thank Canada for letting us borrow Oscar Brand for lo these many years. I swear, he wrote one of the greatest country booster songs I've ever heard. His rewrite of "This Land Is Your Land" is good too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5Mwj2hpMk&feature=related

jobeterob
07-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I am thankful every day to live here. Our general understanding and humanity to the rest of the world is one of our best qualities. William and Kate are in Ottawa for the day and the weather was great.

But I am thankful for the strong neighbour to the south who we can rely on when we need them.

robb_k
07-01-2011, 08:56 PM

Where are you now?

As an old folkie, I would like to thank Canada for letting us borrow Oscar Brand for lo these many years. I swear, he wrote one of the greatest country booster songs I've ever heard. His rewrite of "This Land Is Your Land" is good too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5Mwj2hpMk&feature=related

This very moment I am inside the borders of the strong neighbour to the south" [[Los Angeles). I leave in a few days for Munich, Germany and on to The Netherlands a some weeks later. I am unusually late leaving L.A. this year. Usually, I leave near the beginning of May. I split time between those 3 countries, plus a few weeks to a month in Denmark, and usually about 3 weeks to a month with my sister in Winnipeg, Manitoba [[on both sides of Christmas). I've only spent 2 years of my 64 all year in the same hemisphere of this planet.

stephanie
07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Canadians are the nicest bunch of people I have ever met in my life I dont know why.

marv2
07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Canadians are the nicest bunch of people I have ever met in my life I dont know why.

Stephanie ,you are a 100% correct! I am suppose to be up there right now, but I can't. I am on my way to Far Rockaway Queens for the big street throw down! LOL!

robb_k
07-02-2011, 06:48 PM

'Cause we're humble? [[at least about everything but hockey!)

marv2
07-02-2011, 07:41 PM

'Cause we're humble? [[at least about everything but hockey!)

No, It's because you can get a sandwich and a beer anywhere up there! hehehehehe......

robb_k
07-02-2011, 08:19 PM

No, It's because you can get a sandwich and a beer anywhere up there! hehehehehe......

And you can't in USA? You mean like, if'n you'se a furriner in de Ozarks, you git a mess of buckshot in yore arse, instead?

marv2
07-02-2011, 08:28 PM

And you can't in USA? You mean like, if'n you'se a furriner in de Ozarks, you git a mess of buckshot in yore arse, instead?

I don't understand anything you just said. LOL!!! All I know is that when I am in Canada we do a LOT of eating, drinking, dancing, laughing and just being with friends that live in different places up there. It is one of the best places mainly because of it's people.