PDA

View Full Version : David & Diana - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

test

bradburger
01-20-2024, 11:49 PM
Aye aye, [or is it Ai ai?] ;)

Very interesting!

https://youtu.be/j3qp2bM78-s

Seems this person has 'discovered' a few more like that for their channel!

https://www.youtube.com/@vicescity

Cheers

Paul

jobeterob
01-21-2024, 03:28 AM
Thanks for this - very interesting for sure and I wonder where this is leading

Roger Polhill
01-21-2024, 04:42 AM
My worst nightmare!

mysterysinger
01-21-2024, 06:43 AM
So you want to change Marvin's voice so it sounds a little like David Ruffin and change Tammi's vocal so it resembles Diana Ross - guess what - there's an app for that. Except it doesn't work thankfully.

rovereab
01-21-2024, 12:28 PM
I think we are living in a world where technology can "do things" that were previously thought to be impossible. However, even though something is possible, it doesn't mean that it is worth doing.

The AI output here is far from convincing.

copley
01-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Utter crap!

bradburger
01-21-2024, 06:46 PM
I think we are living in a world where technology can "do things" that were previously thought to be impossible. However, even though something is possible, it doesn't mean that it is worth doing.

The AI output here is far from convincing.

I agree to both, although in the case of the latter, this channel has some of the better ones I've come across.

But when you listen for the second and third time, you can indeed start to hear that in parts it is not quite so natural sounding or true to the voice it is supposed to be mimicking, and is only as good as the AI model and the person using and this case, training it.

[Early days, but who knows how much better and more true and lifelike these AI models will become in the future? - I think the creators pinned comments are worth taking note of].

That said, I much prefer and endorse the use of the AI tools that have been developed for the use in isolating, removing, and separating instruments and vocals from songs [such as Ultimate Vocal Remover], so original backing tracks can be created, and also used to create first time stereo mixes for songs where only a mixed mono master exists, and there is no multitrack master to create an 'official' new mix from.

Cheers

Paul

rovereab
01-22-2024, 05:03 AM
That said, I much prefer and endorse the use of the AI tools that have been developed for the use in isolating, removing, and separating instruments and vocals from songs [such as Ultimate Vocal Remover], so original backing tracks can be created, and also used to create first time stereo mixes for songs where only a mixed mono master exists, and there is no multitrack master to create an 'official' new mix from.

Cheers

Paul

Completely agree Paul. I see that as constructive and respectful in a way that contrasts with the negatives of making Tammi sound a bit like Diana.

midnightman
01-22-2024, 02:49 PM
I hate AI vocals so much LMAO

Boogiedown
01-23-2024, 02:33 PM
Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.

jobeterob
01-24-2024, 06:40 PM
Ain't no voices high enough and ain't no voices low enough. Ain't no Diana and ain't no David. Ain't no good.

Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Glass

Philles/Motown Gary
01-28-2024, 05:21 AM

Boogie, I thought it sounded a little bit like David, but, to my ears, it didn't sound any more like Diana than the man in the moon.