PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ralph, guess what I saw today...

test

GrtGzu
01-10-2024, 06:22 PM
I was on a FB page and they were talking about Motown groups that few people knew about, but somebody remembered a group called the Sunliners before they became known as Rare Earth...

I quickly knew who they were talking about and remembered that you were a member of that group..

It's nice to know the "legend" lives on...

I hope I didn't screw this up cuz I hate posting from my phone...

Too lazy to go downstairs and get on my desktop and I gotta go feed the dog anyway...

ralpht
01-11-2024, 07:13 AM
Yeah, its true. I was there from the beginning. Go feed your pup.

ralpht
01-11-2024, 09:25 AM
Here is a video that has been playing in the Clubhouse for a while of me and Fred Saxon, another founding member of The Sunliners, discussing music in San Diego, California.

https://youtu.be/MmMS8paW_Q8

Philles/Motown Gary
01-13-2024, 10:01 AM
Ralph, I could listen to you and Fred talk about your Motown memories all night long. I loved your "The Road Through Motown" book and am long over-due to re-read it again. Back at the time, I also bought and read the book you wrote in honor of Russ' accomplishments at Motown which was also very interesting.

ralpht
01-14-2024, 09:15 AM
Gary, glad I hit the right spots for you. Fred was an amazing guy and I still deal with his untimely death.

9A
01-14-2024, 09:25 AM
Gary, in case you missed it, here is another amusing video posted in "Center Stage"

Russ and Ralph Discussing Marvin Gaye

"This video has been around for a while but maybe newer members would enjoy it. Seeing my brother's imitation of Berry Gordy makes it worth while.

https://youtu.be/BMt18phyFZs?si=PQnPdMivVDfsFEUi "

Philles/Motown Gary
01-15-2024, 01:57 AM
Gary, in case you missed it, here is another amusing video posted in "Center Stage"

Russ and Ralph Discussing Marvin Gaye

"This video has been around for a while but maybe newer members would enjoy it. Seeing my brother's imitation of Berry Gordy makes it worth while.

https://youtu.be/BMt18phyFZs?si=PQnPdMivVDfsFEUi "

Hi 9-A,

I've loved this video from the first time I saw it! Ralph's & Russ' story about Marvin & Diana's "duet" recording session is a hoot! I love Diana, yet I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing it!

ralpht
01-15-2024, 10:45 AM
I still laugh watching that video, Gary.

9A
01-17-2024, 11:21 AM

Just thinking about it makes me smile, Gary. PS, I love Diana, too. Don't tell
Ralph.

jack020
01-18-2024, 04:49 AM
I am not a new member but had not watched this before: Great video, thanks.

ralpht
01-18-2024, 10:24 AM
You're most welcome, Jack. I know you have been around quite a while. Thanks for posting.

Philles/Motown Gary
01-18-2024, 06:48 PM
Just thinking about it makes me smile, Gary. PS, I love Diana, too. Don't tell
Ralph.

Okay, it'll be our little secret!

Philles/Motown Gary
01-18-2024, 06:53 PM

You and Russ both, I'll bet!

ralpht
01-20-2024, 11:38 AM
So true, Gary. Of course, Russ and I will laugh at just about anything.

Philles/Motown Gary
01-20-2024, 04:55 PM
So true, Gary. Of course, Russ and I will laugh at just about anything.

And that's what makes you all so likeable -- and FUNNY!