PDA

View Full Version : Northern Soul Music Forums

test

robb_k
06-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi y'all. This is a bit embarrassing, but I need to find the names of the most popular Northern Soul forums, so I can give a plug for Abraham Wilson's Smooth Double CD for Ralph & Co., and I'm a member of 2 NS Forums whose names I can't remember. Someone [[Mark, I think) mentioned one of them a couple of weeks ago. I went there and posted, and realised I hadn't made a post there in about 5 years. There's another one as well.

The two I DO remember are: [[1)Soultalk-Rare Soul Forum, and [[2)Soul Source.

Can any of you Brit NS fans, or Mark help me out here. I used to be an active member of a couple others. But just can't remember their names.

mark speck
06-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Aside from those, Robb, the only others I can think of are the ones on MySpace and Facebook. I've tried to get on Soul Source for a while but have not been able to.

Best,

Mark

robb_k
06-29-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't use MySpace or Facebook, so it can't be one of those.

ady_croasdell
06-30-2011, 04:30 AM
Soul Source is by far the most popular. It's been off line for re-designing but is back on now.

Ady

ralpht
06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Robb,
It is incredibly kind and thoughtful of you to want to help promote the "Smooth" Cd. We appreciate your efforts.

MIKEW-UK
06-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Robb,

Here they are, all in one place...

http://soulfulkindabiscuits.com/soul_sites

ralpht
06-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I should have known Mike would come up with the answers. Thank you, Mike.

MIKEW-UK
06-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Ralph, you might want to have Tera Shirma added to this list and the discography, together with a review of the Smooth CD... it's a good site

http://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/addresses.htm

ralpht
06-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Thank you, Mike. I'll check it out. I'm rather new to this internet promotion method. I'm all ready beginning to feel I've become somewhat of a pain in the ass by what I'm doing here at SD to promote "Smooth" However, these are brand new times in the record business and I'm slowly learning what I need to know to try and move music. I'm getting there, but I sure do miss the old days when the record company did all of the promo work and I worked in the studio. I sincerely appreciate the help and suggestions I have been getting from you guys.

francis t
07-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I suggest you [[Ralph) contact Pheonix Radio in Salford [[Manchester) UK.The presenters of the Sunday show The Right Track will do a good interview about your career and current project.The show is on the net and well publicised.
regards
francis t

ralpht
07-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank you, Francis. I'll look into it.

smooth
07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Ady-Croasdell,Mikew-UK,Robb-K,Mark Speck And Francis-t
I sincerely thank all of you for your Promotional ideas and Support

Smooth