PDA

View Full Version : Chaka & macy gray

test

glencro
06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Had the opportunity to catch both of these ladies in full concert at downtown Detroit's River Days and I had a blast. Chaka was in full voice and in full bloom. The hits kept coming but she really shined on Through The Fire and Please Pardon Me. She was very transparent as she talked about her drug struggle and being clean for the last 7 years. She said "it's boring but it's better" LOL [[gotta love her). She also talked about disappearing for days partying and leaving her children behind and from there she really begin to minister to the crowd. It was great. Her band was tight but they played really lazy on "You Got The Love". Don't knwo what that was about, She also featured her bgv's and they sounded great collectively and individually. Macy was schedule to perform the next day but she joined Chaka on stage on "I'm Every Woma".

Macy Gray was the following night and I didn't know what to expect but I thoroughly enjoyed her colorful and crazy self. Band was tight and she had one background singer named Shaniqua Seacrest who sounded like The Clark Sisters, Kelly Price & Jennifer Holliday rolled in one. The girl was bad. Full figured and lots of flair with an outfits straight out of the 70's. I don't know a lot of Macy's songs so a lot of the titles escape me but she rocked Rod Stewart's "Do you Think I'm Sexy". I will be getting some Macy music for my iPod. Entry was $3 for both days and I received more than my money's worth.