PDA

View Full Version : One in five Americans think Obama is a Muslim

test

soulster
08-19-2010, 01:46 PM
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/19/poll-only-a-third-of-americans-say-obama-is-christian-almost-one-in-five-say-hes-muslim/

I think the conservative/republikkkan/tea-party/Fox machine worked once again and has convinced millions of nervous white people that Obama is not a Christian.

Over the last decade, the religious far-right has beaten their chests and taken their bull-horns and drowned us in christian rhetoric. The republikkkans used the religious right to further their own ends for political gain. It got so bad that if a candidate didn't pass their little litmus test, they got pubically flogged. People voted for candidates for any type of office based on their religious leanings. President Obama decided he was not going to wear his Christianity on his sleeve. Your faith is a private matter and that's how it should stay.

Of course, none of this has calmed the birthers and racists. Their only real goal is to get a conservative back in the White House, but the masses don't see that. They allow their worries about the economy, fear of terror attacks, and their hatred of a person of color as the President of the United Stated of America.

Just a few scant years ago, it was typical for white people to give a Dr. laura-type of comment and say that there would be no racism if only "the blacks" would stop whining about it. I don't hear white people saying that anymore. Why do they need to when we have racist commentators like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, the two Lauras, Michael Savage, and all the other conservative nut-jobs, doing it for them?

jonc
08-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Yet the very same "Conservative/republikkkan/tea-party/FAUX News machine" kept hammering the point that President, then candidate, Obama attended the Rev. Wrights church for more than ten years. Lest we forget Rev. Jeremiah Wright was the pastor of "Trinity United Church of Christ" which is a CHRISTIAN church.

I'm convinced that Americans who watch FAUX News and support the Tea Party are dumb, ignorant and very fucking scary.

soulster
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm convinced that Americans who watch FAUX News and support the Tea Party are dumb, ignorant and very fucking scary.

Yeah they are! I live around them!

jonc
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
And I bet very few of the Tea Party supporters or the far right Republicans have ever read the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

It is so apparent to me and should be clear to everyone that President Obama is simply respecting Islam and every other religion under the The First Amendment. The President took the oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" and that is exactly what he is doing.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

timmyfunk
08-19-2010, 05:09 PM
That poll also shows that one in five Americans are as ignorant as shit. But the percentage is probably higher.

ladyvanaye
08-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Obvious where this is coming from. But WHATEVER. The man knows what his faith system is REGARDLESS. ...Is this the build up to the assassination attempt? Sorry to say that but people can be so obvious...

marv2
08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Polls also show that one in five Americans think that beer is a vegatable.

ladyvanaye
08-19-2010, 09:30 PM
And I know who that is too Marv. These polls are taken in the most obvious communities. SAD. :[[

marv2
08-19-2010, 09:46 PM
V, I'm just saying.........hehehehehe.......!

jobeterob
08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
I wish they had included in this poll the question "What is a Muslim?" I think the general answer would be someone who's skin is brown and they could not go beyond that.

ladyvanaye
08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
I wish they had included in this poll the question "What is a Muslim?" I think the general answer would be someone who's skin is brown and they could not go beyond that.

Right-O. It reminds me of when McCain was running against Obama and at the town hall meeting the woman said about Obama ' He's a terrorist...NO?' and McCain quickly snatched the mike to deter her. He [[McCain) probably wanted to say to her 'save this rhetoric until after the election...I'm losing anyhow, so we will get the bastard when he wins'. :[[

ladyvanaye
08-19-2010, 11:49 PM
I think this is the one...she maybe at the end of this clip...... :[[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6YKOkfFsE

marv2
08-20-2010, 12:11 AM
and Arab-Americans cannot be decent family men, citizens because of their heritage? What is wrong with these people?

arrr&bee
08-20-2010, 04:58 PM
I try to stay away from these political post,but i'll say this,there are folks who are still pissed at Lincoln for the[Emancipation Proclamation]so the very idea of a Black in their precious White House as anything other than a butler or maid is just too much for these [true americans]to stand so the attacks are gonna keep coming.

marv2
08-20-2010, 05:08 PM
JAI NANCE you are right on the money! That's the real problem some people have with Obama. It's not his religion, his efforts to help this country, patriotism or anything else.

timmyfunk
08-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm glad that I DVR'ed Countdown last night. He presented a beautiful parody of this whole mess. It should be up on youtube in the next couple of days.

marxthespot
08-22-2010, 11:31 AM
It is extremely sad to realize that AT LEAST 1 in 5 Americans is that ignorant, narrow-minded, bigoted, and just plain dumb....The number may actually be a little higher than that. I also think the manufactured - by The Republicans - debate over the Mosque that is in the neighborhood near the World Trade Center site also shows an appalling level of national ignorance that is being utilized politically by the Repubs.... I guess, as a nation, we have to go through this to finally get to a place where the ignorance is seen for what it is...Fortunately for the future, the ignorant people will die off and be replaced by a better informed generation.

marv2
08-22-2010, 02:05 PM
They are having a major protest right now, here in New York City against the building of that Mosque. Some interviewed on the radio this morning stated that they believed that Muslims always build at the site where they defeated an enemy! I cannot make this shit up. This is what is actually happening and going on in the minds of some people in the "Land of the Free and the Brave"!

soulster
08-23-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm glad that I DVR'ed Countdown last night. He presented a beautiful parody of this whole mess. It should be up on youtube in the next couple of days.

I just saw it tonight. They played it tonight! Ha!

Also, did you just see Rachael Maddox's explanation of Glenn Beck's instructions on how to get to his tea-bagger rally in D.C. this weekend? Hilarious! Basically, it's instructions to how to avoid Black people!

soulster
08-23-2010, 07:43 PM
They are having a major protest right now, here in New York City against the building of that Mosque. Some interviewed on the radio this morning stated that they believed that Muslims always build at the site where they defeated an enemy! I cannot make this shit up. This is what is actually happening and going on in the minds of some people in the "Land of the Free and the Brave"!

That mosque is like two blocks away from the 9/11 site, and you can't even see it from there. Those a-hole protesters are always whining about the Constitution, but when it comes to whatever they don't like, they squeal like piggies. That mosque was there before the original twin towers were ever there.

Oh, don't go telling these people that there is a mosque in or near the White House, and was put there shortly after 9/11...on George W. Bush's watch!