PDA

View Full Version : Beyoncé to Reform Destiny's Child If Album Bombs?

test

jobeterob
06-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Beyoncé to Reform Destiny's Child If Album Bombs?

D.I.S.H.
Rumour is that concerns are mounting that Beyonce's 4 will flop

June 23, 2011

Concerns are apparently mounting that Beyoncé's new album 4 could prove to be a commercial disaster.

And the fear has generated speculation that poor sales for the record could lead to the reformation of her former girl group Destiny's Child – just to give the star's career a much-needed boost.

The New York Post reports that execs at Columbia Records are nervous the disc doesn't feature enough big singles to generate the huge sales the label has come to expect from one of the biggest stars on the planet.

"They're very nervous about Beyoncé's new record," an anonymous insider tells the paper. "It doesn't have the hit songs that her fans are used to. They asked her to make changes, but she said no."

The talk has led to discussion that Beyoncé might reunite with her Destiny's Child partners Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.

"Beyoncé's career has stalled a bit," says the source. "Columbia seems to think they can get some mileage out of a comeback record with all of the girls."

A rep for the singer denies the rumours however, claiming "All of this is completely untrue. All of it."

Beyoncé's 4 hits the streets Friday. The single Run the World [[Girls) performed poorly on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #33.

stephanie
06-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Whether the rumours are true or not I think she has hit a plateau like every performer does and she is not getting any younger. Like Paula Abdul and others she will just have to find other avenues. Luckily she is still young and its cha ching anytime she gets back with Michelle and Kelly and there is no doubt they wouldnt mind. Unlike some other groups they are not living in her shadow people have accepted them as separate entities. Its a good thing the three of these girls get along so well that they can reunite anytime they want. I wonder if Beyonce firing her father had anything to do with her not having the quality songs they are looking for? She has had hit after hit, been in movies and is married to Jay-Z its not like she doesnt have the money and the contacts behind her like so many others. She is a product to be pushed but she has also proven herself to be a good person I have never heard any bad words about her. I think people are just Beyonced out right now.

theboyfromxtown
06-27-2011, 02:38 PM
From my experience, the music business has constantly changed and artists have to adapt. We can all recall the demise of the girl groups, teen idols, the beat era, psychedelia, punk, singer-songwriter....and the list goes on and on.

Re-inventing is a word that seems to be bandied about as what needs to be done. I can't imagine how one goes about doing that but I certainly wish Beyonce the best. I am not a collector of her music but that girl can sing, no question about that, and well.

smark21
06-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Sounds like Columbia is hitting the panic button. I read some reviews of Beyonce's new album; it seems to be getting mixed reviews with Beyonce getting some praise for being a bit experimental, but there doesn't seem to be any radio friendly potential mega hits on the scale of Crazy in Love, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies or Halo on it. Beyonce recorded 72 songs for the project. Perhaps she's just over exposed and tapped out for the moment and should take a break to re juice her creativity and find new producers to work with. Most big stars have a few flops scattered throughout their careers.

marv2
06-27-2011, 08:27 PM
What if the other girls say NO! hehehehehe.........

blueskies
06-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know if their last 'reunion' was a success in terms of CD sales and concerts?

luke
06-27-2011, 11:34 PM
I thought that article was very bizarre. Beyonce is still incredibly successful and getting better. If Destinys Child tours-great. I doubt it will have anything to do with how Beyonce is doing. She and the others just may want to!

uptight
06-28-2011, 02:05 AM
"Beyoncé to Reform Destiny's Child If Album Bombs" sounds like a threat. Who writes this junk? It also seems like some folks want her album to fail.

jobeterob
06-29-2011, 01:43 AM
I think Beyonce is such a huge star right now that they write anything about her because it sells. I'm not sure she has reached the "tapped out" stage but maybe.

Anything Beyonce is successful; Beyonce is Diana and Whitney at their peaks and the obvious successor.

jack020
06-29-2011, 02:05 AM
Saw a small part of her performance at UK's Glastonbury festival last night which was great! The album is not so great and rather boring.

jobeterob
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
So the big splash that makes CNN is that "she goes shopping"!!?? That says something right there about her popularity.

1382hitsville
06-29-2011, 03:57 PM
ahhhh...it's all about longetivity.....today's market [[and yesterday's market) is all about buzz..hits and popularity. But to become a real star [[or diva, or whatever you call a succesfull woman) you have to have longetivy.

In my book, allthough I'm not a fan, Beyonce has prove her self, she has created a loyal fan base. So no panic....she will have her fanbase.

uptight
06-30-2011, 02:24 AM
True. I am a fan, having only bought one of her CDs.

alanh
06-30-2011, 04:52 AM
Despite fears that the new album might fail and getting some 'average' reviews, it's already entered at number one on the UK album chart 'midweek' listing. It was obviously helped by her appearance at Glastonbury, which was shown live on TV at the same time. Regular fans will obviously have helped the initial burst. It depends how it does in the US and other countries too, plus how her label views 'success'. Sales will have to continue after the initial fan enthusiasm, but it doesn't look like there will be immediate 'flop' panic!

REDHOT
06-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Don't worry about Beyonce,she's a SUPRESTAR,she'll be just fine.[[no matter what)
Please stay positive

luke
06-30-2011, 10:02 AM
LOL- threat!! I read a terrible review of her new cd yesterday.

alanh
07-04-2011, 04:04 AM
In case anyone's interested, Beyonce's '4' is the new number one album in the UK, with sales of 89,211. For comparison her first album, which also went to number one [[eight years ago) in its first week, sold 113,117.

arrr&bee
07-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh boy here we go,i don't think it's gonna happen.

jillfoster
07-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Record companies are ridiculous. I saw an interview with Madonna where she spoke about Warner being up in arms about her "Erotica" album, she said they considered it a failure because it only sold 2 1/2 million copies, to which she said..."A failure? In what universe?"