PDA

View Full Version : The "bizarre" recording sessions of Diana's TURN UP THE SUNSHINE

test

Boogiedown
09-26-2023, 02:43 PM
'bizarre' being his word not mine :p

jack antonoff on instagram:

proud to announce the soundtrack i made for minions: the rise of gru. my favorite 70s songs performed by my favorite artists + an original i wrote with sam dew, patrik berger and kevin parker performed by ✨diana ross✨ and ✨tame impala✨ called “turn up the sunshine”. recording sessions for these were some of the most special and bizarre ….. stories one day :)

.....has the day come yet ??

Any idea what bizarre recording gymnastics Miss Ross may have put him through??

khansperac
09-26-2023, 05:28 PM
my favorite 70s songs performed by my favorite artists + an original

recording sessions for these

But some how this is about Diana? Lololol

Boogiedown
09-26-2023, 05:33 PM
uh I don't think selecting prerecorded favorites from the 70's count as "recording sessions" .....do you??

Boogiedown
09-26-2023, 05:47 PM
oh I see ...these are new recordings aren't they ....

well that makes it a helluva lot less fun doesn't it !!

....still I'll hold out hope that the bizarre part will feature our Miss Ross

khansperac
09-26-2023, 06:02 PM
Well if in fact it is about Diana’s session. Then I’m sure it went something like this.

Diana said to Jack, listen, my granddaughter Jagger Snow Ross will be on this record [[that’s her voice you hear in the beginning, saying “turn up the sunshine”). She must be called Little Miss Ross. Do not address her directly, you must speak to her assistant, and you must have caviar for her to snack on during recording recess.

carlo
09-26-2023, 07:22 PM
Maybe there were a few diapers changed during the session lol.

Roberta75
09-26-2023, 11:16 PM
Maybe there were a few diapers changed during the session lol.

Diapers changed on Jack Antonoff or Diana Ross or Jagger Snow Ross? LOL

Spreadinglove21
09-27-2023, 08:03 AM
Maybe Tame Impala was the one who created drama?

thommg
09-27-2023, 11:22 AM
Diana's vocals are pretty straight forward on that track. I doubt there was anything bizarre about them unless it had to do with where she was when they needed her to record. Also, I believe we hear some Minions on the track [[or voices approximating them). That could have been what made the session bizarre.