PDA

View Full Version : 1973 A Motown TimeLine Adam White

test

jobeterob
09-18-2023, 03:15 PM
https://www.adampwhite.com/westgrandblog/timeline73?fbclid=IwAR0QZigbRl8RxQjOA1PYzN2IJQ5_XT ojGQnfN88z9zfcgZwuOcDNh8HLDQE_aem_AbQJzhoAT0pRkdzi 0kmmi1GKXC8U-hZx6pRhtfhxSJDOvLAEbuKXRbiLhluQ0sVuQ_s&mibextid=9R9pXO

Levi Stubbs Tears
09-20-2023, 11:18 AM
I like his posts.

Clifton Miller
09-20-2023, 11:28 AM
Thanks for posting it, JobeteRob. It's been one of the most popular WGBs of recent weeks. [[And thanks for the compliment, LST.)

jsmith
09-20-2023, 04:00 PM
Adam's piece includes a list of selected releases [[LP's + 45's) from 73. He says it was a great year for Motown releases. In my opinion it wasn't really, the quality had definitely started to dip. Of all those he lists, I'd only say I'd go out & buy about 12 of them today [[if I didn't already have them). I'm ignoring the 'best of' type packages in my 12 as they don't count being old recycled recordings. I have included the Spinners 45 even though that too was an old recording but at least that had been given a 'Philly remix'.

jobeterob
09-22-2023, 11:51 PM
But there were very big hit singles and albums from Stevie, Diana and Marvin and big singles from Gladys and Michael. And Lady Sings the Blues topped the album and box office charts. And Motown won Grammys from the Temptations

But a year later, the decline was more noticeable

Clifton Miller
09-24-2023, 03:10 PM
But there were very big hit singles and albums from Stevie, Diana and Marvin and big singles from Gladys and Michael. And Lady Sings the Blues topped the album and box office charts. And Motown won Grammys from the Temptations

But a year later, the decline was more noticeable

Yes, the decline was definitely more noticeable in '74. It'll be interesting to quantify that when I get around to that timeline.