06-24-2011, 06:23 PM
R.I.P. Peter Falk

marv2
06-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I saw the reports. He was one of my favorites. RIP Peter

daddyacey
06-25-2011, 01:48 AM
R.I.P. Peter Falk.
His persona as Columbo ,is classic. All is not what it seems to be ,and don't be afraid to persue your perceptions." You full of sh.. and you and I know it!! and I'll prove it", is what Columbo was all about ,and I liked that about the character and his delivery of the character week after week.

mark speck
06-25-2011, 04:35 AM
One of my favorite shows and one of my favorite actors...he could hold his own with anyone, anytime. I do recommend reading his memoirs, "Just One More Thing". RIP, Mr. Falk, and thank you... :[[

Best,

Mark

stephanie
06-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Im glad this was brought up in the wrong forum. Peter Falk was one of the most underrated actors in history. His persona of Columbo reminds me of the pre-Monk period. An awkward man who gets the clues and solves the case better than a trained policeman who has everything going for him or a 25 year veteran detective. His glass eye, and his B characterization helped him to become an A lister in Hollywood with that series and he was comfortable in his own skin and grateful at that. Oh one more thing RIP Peter you were one of the greats on TV.

tamla617
06-25-2011, 11:14 AM
the "perp" was never sure he'd left the room,"just one more thing" one arm in the air the other on his forehead.
his wife loved every famous person [[who eventually)ended up in handcuffs.
in one of the 1st columbos,the murder scene was a back garden with a pool.columbo saw something in the pool and walked down the roman steps into the pool, raincoat,cigar the lot,priceless.its on here most weekends i still watch them.
my favorite one has robert culp in an episode "most crucial game" from season 2 it featured an icecream van.
heres more if you like him............

http://www.columbo-site.freeuk.com/

mark speck
06-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree..."Most Crucial Game" is one of my favorite Columbo episodes. He was always great when matched up against Robert Culp, Jack Cassidy or Patrick McGoohan.

Best,

Mark

bankhousedave
06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
He was a great actor - and director. There was a story about when he first auditioned for Louis b Mayer where Louis said, 'For that money I can get an actor with two eyes.' Pat McGoohan would nt work with anyone who wasn't a fellow genius. Say no more.

RIP Mr Falk

tamla617
06-28-2011, 05:54 PM
thats ace bankhouse,2 eyes,priceless.mine are leaking reading that!

mark speck
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Louis B. Mayer? All accounts I've read say that Columbia Pictures head Harry Cohn said that!

Best,

Mark

marv2
06-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Louis B. Mayer? All accounts I've read say that Columbia Pictures head Harry Cohn said that!

Best,

Mark

Mark, what are your thoughts on us starting up a Favorite Television Shows and memories thread similar to the one we had that was pretty popular in the old forum?

tamla617
06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
go on marv you kick it off.we had more of your tv than you did ours!

luke
06-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Does anyone remember the episode when the phone rang and Doberman pinchers trained to kill!! I think Patrick M was the lead.

marv2
06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
go on marv you kick it off.we had more of your tv than you did ours!

Ok Tamla617. I will get it started by this weekend and let everyone know. Thanks

mark speck
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
That episode was "How to Dial a Murder", with Nicol Williamson, who isn't as familiar to me as McGoohan, but was pretty good in the part.

For the record, McGoohan made two appearances in the original Columbo: his Emmy-winning role as the ruthless head of a boy's military academy in "By Dawn's Early Light" and a year later, he returned to play an ad exec/double agent in "Identity Crisis", which he also directed as well. Additionally, he directed another episode, "Last Salute to the Commodore", which he did not appear in. He further appeared a couple more times in the '90's Columbo movies, both of which he directed AND co-produced, and also directed and produced a couple more '90's episodes that he didn't appear in.

Best,

Mark