07-21-2023, 01:30 PM
This is worthwhile looking at.

https://singersroom.com/w16/best-edwin-starr-songs-of-all-time/

Sotosound
07-21-2023, 01:36 PM
This is worthwhile looking at.

https://singersroom.com/w16/best-edwin-starr-songs-of-all-time/

Many thanks for sharing this.

I read it but I suspect that the author doesn't know Edwin's output that well.

daviddesper
07-21-2023, 01:51 PM
My first question would be to ask why the title of the thread says the 16 best songs if only 10 are listed. But as for the author's top ten, with one or two exceptions I would not even put some of those in my Edwin Top 50. Where are the awesome My Weakness is You and Mighty Good Lovin for example?

Sotosound
07-21-2023, 02:30 PM
There's one about The Spencer Davis Group with "Time Seller" at the top of the list, and the same bland waffle in all of the track write-ups.

Could these actually be AI-generated lists?

woodward
07-21-2023, 03:19 PM
The suspicions about an AI-generated list is very much the way it was created. There was no mention of Agent Double-O-Soul or S.O.S.

mysterysinger
07-21-2023, 06:58 PM
Seeing the "Just We Two" album cover reminded me how good Edwin and Blinky's version of "Let It Be Me" is. Almost on a par with Jerry Butler and Betty Everett's. In fact Edwin sounds quite a lot like Jerry. Lovely.

But is there actually a song called "Just We Two" [[number 7 in the list)? Or has he made that one up?

jsmith
07-23-2023, 05:56 AM
If I picked my fave 10 from Edwin, only about 2 or 3 of those suggestions would be included amongst them -- I Am The Man For You Baby, Time & 25 Miles.

BritishTony
07-23-2023, 12:22 PM
Sorry but this reeks totally of AI created content. Sterile, random bland comments, some repeated mechanically within the same article. No feeling for the songs at all and obviously compiled from unthinking info grabs from the internet. Oh my days, is this what we’ve come to?

copley
07-24-2023, 06:47 PM
No such song as 'Just We Two'! I've just emailed them pointing out the error and requesting the article to be amended. We shall see!

TomatoTom123
07-31-2023, 07:50 PM
This is definitely AI-created… the entry for "Contact" talks about the benefits of “contact” in a business or personal sense, nothing to do with the song.

Apparently, it helps communication and builds connections. LOL