PDA

View Full Version : should Diana and Billie Dee reunite?

test

sup_fan
07-13-2023, 09:42 AM
i don't think there's any possibility of it happening today but perhaps in some recent shows or movies? what if they appeared on Blackish as the grandparents! or in a movie of some sort

i do think they had a strong connection onscreen.

reese
07-13-2023, 09:51 AM
I remember Eddie Murphy saying that he wanted them to be his parents in COMING TO AMERICA. That might have been cute. Judging from their Oprah appearance, they still seem to really like each other.

Ollie9
07-13-2023, 09:57 AM
It would be cute as they’ve always had great chemistry. Their performance of “You’ve Got What It Takes” on RHR&B proves it never faded.

sup_fan
07-13-2023, 11:01 AM
was looking at his work from the 80s and on. he joined the cast of Dynasty, to be Dominique Deveraux's beau. fans have stated that supposedly the Dallas cast was interested in having Diana join. that would have been fun if he had joined her in Dallas instead of Denver lol

then he played Berry Gordy in the Jackson movie. imagine if Diana had been hired to play Ester or one of the gordy sister. or Karen jackson!! lol

marybrewster
07-13-2023, 12:05 PM
Blackish ended in 2022, lol.

sansradio
07-13-2023, 12:07 PM
I've always craved a reunion of this pair! "Red Hot Rhythm & Blues" showed that they still had chemistry to burn. black-ish completed its run a couple of years ago and had Jenifer Lewis, Laurence Fishburne, Anna Deavere Smith and Beau Bridges cast as the grandparents.]

jack020
07-16-2023, 03:37 AM
Bille Dee is in this weeks episode of And Just Like That as father of one of the couples.

Spreadinglove21
07-16-2023, 11:50 AM
Only way I can see Diana Ross appearing in a movie or TV show again is if she does a cameo in some project one of her children is involved in.

khansperac
07-16-2023, 11:59 AM
Only way I can see Diana Ross appearing in a movie or TV show again is if she does a cameo in some project one of her children is involved in.

There was anticipation with both “Girlfriends” and “Blackish” that this would be the case and it never happened. I don’t think Diana is open to that.

Boogiedown
07-16-2023, 02:35 PM
Ross did a twenty second appearance as I recall on the Evan -Ashley reality show a few years back in which she pretends to be impressed by some dinkering Evan did in the studio.

khansperac
07-16-2023, 03:43 PM
^^^ I forgot about that. It was actually longer than 20 seconds- unless she appeared on 2 episodes. I remember Evan and Ross coming to Greenwich with friends and showing them around- including footage of Diana’s estate where the kids were raised and Evan also had his wedding ceremony. There was also footage of Diana at the recording studio she would often record at. All in all it was a great episode.

Spreadinglove21
07-16-2023, 05:10 PM
I thought she appeared as an extra in a blink and you miss it shot in Girlfriends and her face was concealed with a huge hat.

khansperac
07-16-2023, 05:21 PM
I thought she appeared as an extra in a blink and you miss it shot in Girlfriends and her face was concealed with a huge hat.

That is one of my favorite scenes/episodes of Girlfriends. For years I also thought that was Diana. But I watched it in high definition and realized IMO that it wasn’t her.