PDA

View Full Version : Respect for The Originals [[rare footage from my tv archives)

test

tjl
06-20-2023, 04:22 PM
Hi all, thought you might like to see the talent in this never-before-broadcast clip from my TV archives....blue light, red light, no light dancing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU9D4E8_LO8

PS - This is not mixed, not tuned, live as it was recorded off the board.

PeaceNHarmony
06-21-2023, 12:02 AM
Hi all, thought you might like to see the talent in this never-before-broadcast clip from my TV archives....blue light, red light, no light dancing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU9D4E8_LO8

PS - This is not mixed, not tuned, live as it was recorded off the board.A great post, Mr. L. Thanks - I love The Originals and BIFR is one of the best songs ever. Ever. Shivers time.

BayouMotownMan
06-21-2023, 08:57 AM
The Originals are rather unsung as far as Motown hits go, they were on a lot of them. They got off to a great start on their own with two Marvin Gaye produced hits.

Things quickly died down for them however. Their stage presentation was rather unimpressive. While they were vocally dynamic they just didn't have the electrifying choreography of their Motown contemporaries. They concentrated on vocals. Young folks wanted the whole package.

mysterysinger
06-21-2023, 11:32 AM
Thanks for this wonderful clip. Ironically not all the original Originals - but they still sound great. Who is the lady?

Boogiedown
06-21-2023, 11:51 AM
Thanks for this wonderful clip. Ironically not all the original Originals - but they still sound great. Who is the lady?

Oh , you're not an original Original?
I bet that got tiring !:p

TomatoTom123
06-21-2023, 12:06 PM
Great video!!

westgrandboulevard
06-21-2023, 02:32 PM

Hank Dixon's daughter, Terrie.....?

And yes, a wonderful clip.....

motown01
06-22-2023, 01:03 AM
What a great video!

soulwally
06-23-2023, 06:25 PM
Hank Dixon's daughter, Terrie.....?

And yes, a wonderful clip.....
Yes it’s Terri, love this performance of an exceptional song. Sure this or similar has been on YouTube for years

Philles/Motown Gary
06-26-2023, 01:23 AM
I attended an Originals concert quite by accident back in the early '70s. We went to see the Undisputed Truth at a college concert, but Motown sent The Originals instead. Not a problem! I loved both groups, and seeing either one of them perform live for the first time would have been a thrill! The Originals sure didn't disappoint, either. Their performance was solid. [[By then, the Motown choreography was a thing of the past.) The crowd loved them! The guys were equally as impressive live as they were on their Motown studio recordings. Wish I could go back in time and re-live that concert again. Or, better yet, I would be even happier if we could get The Originals' 4 remaining Motown albums on CD [["Naturally Together", "Definitions", "Game Called Love", and "Communique").