PDA

View Full Version : Just remembering...the ink spots!

test

arr&bee
05-14-2023, 10:58 AM
Every now an then i think of a classic group from way back, and today it's the classic pioneers of song- the ink spots with the great[bill kenney]who gave us the classics- if i didn't care... I can't give you anything but love... Stardust, these guys set the table for the doo-wop groups of the fifties and even the later soul of the sixties....just a shout out to a legendary group!!

moe
05-14-2023, 11:27 AM
R&B, I saw them perform with The Mills Brothers way back. A good show for sure!!!

ralpht
05-14-2023, 12:11 PM
The Mills Brothers...The Ink Spots....WOW...singing groups [[not boy bands) from my youth. Such incredible talent. And need I mention...class. Not ONCE did ONE of those talented guys grab his crotch while singing.

woodward
05-14-2023, 03:53 PM
The Mills Brothers...The Ink Spots....WOW...singing groups [[not boy bands) from my youth. Such incredible talent. And need I mention...class. Not ONCE did ONE of those talented guys grab his crotch while singing.

Anyone remember Sonny Til & the Orioles from Baltimore? They were a talented group signed to the Jubilee label. Remember Crying in the Chapel?

Motown Eddie
05-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Anyone remember Sonny Til & the Orioles from Baltimore? They were a talented group signed to the Jubilee label. Remember Crying in the Chapel?

I Do. I know two of their songs "Crying In The Chapel" & "It's Too Soon To Know". Two of the earliest songs to be classified as Doo-Wop in the '50s.

tjl
05-16-2023, 04:37 PM
Loved these guys - I got turned on to them with Fred Sanford singing "If I Didn't Care" as a kid.

robb_k
10-26-2023, 01:36 AM
I Do. I know two of their songs "Crying In The Chapel" & "It's Too Soon To Know". Two of the earliest songs to be classified as Doo-Wop in the '50s.

21097"Crying In The Chapel was released in 1953, but "It's Too Soon To Know" wasn't a 1950s song. It was released in 1948. I bought "Crying in The Chapel" not long after it came out. It was among the first batch of records I got [[from my parents for my 7th birthday present).

9A
10-26-2023, 06:09 AM
Every now an then i think of a classic group from way back, and today it's the classic pioneers of song- the ink spots with the great[bill kenney]who gave us the classics- if i didn't care... I can't give you anything but love... Stardust, these guys set the table for the doo-wop groups of the fifties and even the later soul of the sixties....just a shout out to a legendary group!!

And then there were The Platters with all their romantic songs -- some new, some old.
They could "sing the phone book," as they say.

[Remember phone books? Remember sitting on them at the kitchen table?]

arr&bee
11-04-2023, 01:05 PM
Haaaaaaaa...i was still getting[phone books]as recently as five years ago, of course they were slimmed down like everything esle these days!!

Graham Jarvis
11-08-2023, 12:49 PM
And then there were The Platters with all their romantic songs -- some new, some old.
They could "sing the phone book," as they say.

[Remember phone books? Remember sitting on them at the kitchen table?]

Made me smile as my dad loved the Platters, and low & behold they are all sitting on the kitchen table

9A
11-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Made me smile as my dad loved the Platters, and low & behold they are all sitting on the kitchen table

Your dad was one cool guy.