PDA

View Full Version : RSD april 22,2023

test

jack020
04-22-2023, 07:39 AM
I got:
Dusty/Miles Davis/Madonna/Billy Joel. Sadly no Elton John but will try Discogs for that.

reese
04-22-2023, 08:10 AM
Sounds like you had a successful trek nonetheless. I was disappointed to read the list and find nothing of interest for me this time.

carlo
04-22-2023, 11:54 AM
Nice finds, Jack!

Reese, I'm feeling the same this year. I might get the Dusty Cameo reissue...not sure. I have the "Beautiful Soul" cd comp with those tracks already. Maybe I'll wait for reviews on the vinyl pressing quality.

carlo
04-22-2023, 05:07 PM
I ended up caving and got the Dusty release, along with a non-RSD title...Mavis Staples' You Are Not Alone album on vinyl. I've owned the CD of that album, since the time it was released, but the price on the vinyl version was equivalent to $18 USD. Too good of a price to pass up! It's a great album. I think it's my favourite, out of all of her musical output from the past 15 years.

PeaceNHarmony
04-22-2023, 05:59 PM
I wanted the Marianne Faithfull [[cd and vinyl) but, as usual, forgot ...

reese
04-22-2023, 10:22 PM
I ended up caving and got the Dusty release, along with a non-RSD title...Mavis Staples' You Are Not Alone album on vinyl. I've owned the CD of that album, since the time it was released, but the price on the vinyl version was equivalent to $18 USD. Too good of a price to pass up! It's a great album. I think it's my favourite, out of all of her musical output from the past 15 years.

Great choice! I bought the vinyl and cd of YOU ARE NOT ALONE when it was first released. Mavis' ANTI- Records catalog is very good.

carlo
04-23-2023, 07:34 AM
Thanks Reese :) I agree!

Blaksoulfire
05-19-2023, 03:35 PM
I picked up some great titles - on the soul side - the Stairsteps 2nd Resurrection; the Temptations - All Directions, BB King Blues is King, Terry Callier - Hidden Conversations, Bill Evans Treasures, Tom Tom Club [[debut), PM Dawn - the Bliss - all winners imho

jack020
05-21-2023, 04:04 AM
Nice selection Blaksoulfire. I thought about getting the Stairsteps LP but I have an original UK pressing so I passed it up.
I also got Larry Levan's Paradise Garage,Elton John and Elvis Presley Burning Love The RCA Rehearsels from various Dutch and German online shops.