PDA

View Full Version : "Never say, "I don't love you.": Diana Ross

test

TNSUN
04-17-2023, 01:01 PM
This song is definitely for the overnight quiet storm. Was it ever released as a single record?

mowsville
04-17-2023, 01:32 PM
Only as the B side to No One Gets The Prize in the U.K.....absolutely love this track.

TNSUN
04-17-2023, 03:58 PM
"Never say I Don't Love You" is another gem produced by Michael Masser. Maybe, it's my opinion, but every production by Michael Masser highlights her velvety voice to another level. Oh my!

daviddh
04-17-2023, 05:07 PM
My favorite album cut.
Beautiful song .beautiful vocal.

reese
04-17-2023, 05:42 PM
"Never say I Don't Love You" is another gem produced by Michael Masser. Maybe, it's my opinion, but every production by Michael Masser highlights her velvety voice to another level. Oh my!

"Never Say..." was produced by Greg Wright, the same gentleman who produced Diana's gem "You Were the One."

Bluebrock
04-18-2023, 02:38 AM
It's up there with her very best ballads. A beautifully produced and performed song that really was a "lost' hit.
A heartbreakingly stunning performance.

florence
04-18-2023, 02:43 AM
Indeed a lost hit in the UK.

If only some enterprising Radio 1 DJ had flipped No-one Gets The Prize over..................

Ollie9
04-18-2023, 03:19 AM
I consider it a pretty ballad but no chartbuster. The chorus just isn’t strong or memorable enough to push it up the charts. A nice album track at best.

sup_fan
04-18-2023, 09:57 AM
I consider it a pretty ballad but no chartbuster. The chorus just isn’t strong or memorable enough to push it up the charts. A nice album track at best.

i'm with you on this one. it's a lovely tune but given her predecessors, it doesn't do much. Diana had recorded tons of beautiful songs. by 78 she needed something new and fresh. You Were The One was a perfectly good song but we're talking about DIANA ROSS here. Someone else could have released YWTO and scored a Top 20 hit with it. if DR released it, it would have "scraped into the top 20" lol. exact same chart performance but totally different perspective. at this point in her career, she needed to be push the boundaries, not just coasting along

TNSUN
04-18-2023, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the clarification. Great song with soulful lyrics.Her vocal delivery has hints of Michael Masser's romanticism.