PDA

View Full Version : The Hornets - Give Me A Kiss

test

paul_nixon
03-12-2023, 07:34 AM
I cannot be the only one that sings along with Mike Varo masquerading as the Hornets to The Beatles [[strange the band name is similiar) I Want To Hold Your Hand. Talk about firing back at the British Invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVMbwvvXE0s

mysterysinger
03-12-2023, 07:46 AM
Yes I like that track - and I always thought "I Found Myself A Brand New Baby" had a British beat group sound to it.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
03-12-2023, 10:05 AM
George Harrison got sued for supposedly taking too many cues from the Chiffons' "He's So Fine" - I never could really make the dots connect with that; but here! The dots are connecting like crazy all over the place between the Hornets and the Beatles. So how did Motown NOT get sued into oblivion with this?

mysterysinger
03-12-2023, 05:27 PM
"My Sweet Lord" to me is a direct rip off from the melody of "He's So Fine".

Motown Eddie
03-13-2023, 12:44 PM
George Harrison got sued for supposedly taking too many cues from the Chiffons' "He's So Fine" - I never could really make the dots connect with that; but here! The dots are connecting like crazy all over the place between the Hornets and the Beatles. So how did Motown NOT get sued into oblivion with this?

Good Question! It's possible that no one in The Beatles camp knew about The Hornets' "Give Me A Kiss" so they never filed a lawsuit against Motown [because the song is a definite rip off of "I Want To Hold Your Hand"].