PDA

View Full Version : Supremes "Get Ready" Alternate Mix

test

RanRan79
02-14-2023, 02:45 PM
One of the things I love about the alternate mixes is when you're able to pick up on things you never noticed before. I think it was an alternate mix of "Come and Get These Memories" that I first realized that Florence is singing along with Mary on the "left behind so many memories" lines.

Well it wasn't until the other day that I picked up on Florence doing it again, this time with Diana on the alternate mix of "Get Ready", during the chorus every time Diana sings "get ready, get reeaaddy" that "reeaaddy" has Flo up under her. I never noticed it before. Do you all hear it too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMQIYF8jtU

sup_fan
02-14-2023, 03:57 PM
someone said that Manhattan actually has all 3 girls on it. i need to sit with my bose headphones and really listen, see if i can pick that up

but i love little differences like this. the OCD of supremes listening lol. like on Reflections, i believe the mono version has an added electronic beep in one spot.

or WDOLG has different drum beats on stereo vs mono.

RanRan79
02-16-2023, 02:27 PM
I can believe Mary is on "Manhattan", although I can't exactly pick her voice out. It took me forever to very faintly hear that Mary is on "Banjo Band". For the longest time I thought it was just Flo and Diana. And honestly I'm still not 100 percent sure. I wonder if I'm forcing myself to hear Mary on "Banjo Band". Lol