PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Promotion from a Modern Drummer

test

chidrummer
06-13-2011, 05:26 PM
On the brighter side of the news in the clubhouse comes word that my article on one of Gretsch's new snare drums has been printed in this month's [[July issue) edition of Modern Drummer magazine. All of my fellow head bangers are strongly encouraged to check out this soon to be classic addition to Gretsch's arsenal. Unfortunately, new product reviews can only be accessed with a online subscription to MD, so you'll have to pick up the mag to read all about it.

ralpht
06-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Hey, Chris,
Very cool. I think they got the right man for this one.

theboyfromxtown
06-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Chidrummer

Odd kind of question for ya.

At Universal most of the recording engineers were trained professional drummers. What do you think attracts drummers to be engineers?

destruction
07-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I can answer that TB,

It's because of their love for music.....even though.....they can't play a Musical Instrument.

Chi,

I saw the piece.....My youngest said, "that's a lot of words for one drum"....I explained to her that there were many variations of Snares....

Looking for more from u.....

ms_m
07-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Shameless promo works for me and you rock Chi...NOW...about that female singer....;)

drewschultz88
07-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Congrats Chi! I always love Modern Drummer, what an awesome magazine.

uptight
07-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Great to hear about your article! Congratulations!

chidrummer
07-19-2011, 11:39 AM
...mxtown, despite what D says I think it's because we play an instrument whos main role is accompaniment. Drummers end up doing a lot of listening; to form, to texture, to dynamics, etc. Many of us are intregued by what exactly shapes sound and how combinations of sounds work together. We tend NOT to be the one who only hears their own parts. Put those qualities together with a little tech geekiness and....Voila, you've got yourself a pretty good engineer. None of this explains Russ T. He's some kind of mutant:rolleyes:

M. I'm thinking, I'm thinking.....

ms_m
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
M. I'm thinking, I'm thinking.....

thinking works:cool:

ralpht
07-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I have always loved watching good drummers work. I'm sure Chris would blow me away.

ralpht
07-19-2011, 02:11 PM
What? I never told you about Russ being a mutant?

Actually, from his perspective as a guitar player, we finally realized that whatever sound he was trying to accomplish with his guitar was just a subsitute for horns or strings or some such thing. When he became an engineer, he found what he was always searching for.

destruction
07-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I have always loved watching good drummers work. I'm sure Chris would blow me away.

I'd love to watch them all blow away too Ralph....watching drummers....without the sound....twisting in the wind a lil.......can be a joyful, transcendent feeling.

"Aunite Em Auntie Em....It's a Twister"..........Oooooooooo....is that a house?......OUCH!!!!

Betcha Russ knows this one:

Why do guitarists put drumsticks on the dash of their car?

So they can park in the handicapped spot.

ms_m
07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh lawd, Des is back! LOL

Ralph I've always had a thing for drummers...too, also.:)

Chi probably remembers this but one of my first conversations on SDF a million years ago, was talking with Chi about Mother's Finest and their original drummer.

ralpht
07-19-2011, 07:49 PM
That does go back a ways Ms.M.

Hey, Des. Cool.....