PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Robinson Got Shot At Trying to Use a "Whites Only" Bathroom in Jim Crow South

test

blackguy69
01-20-2023, 01:50 PM
https://youtu.be/dyAQcv0f3zY

PeaceNHarmony
01-20-2023, 08:04 PM
Wouldn't doubt it. I think the racist issues our favorites suffered and endured for so much of their formative years is vastly understated; I thought the mini-series of Aretha did a great job of illustrating this. That said ... Smokey's memory seems ... selective. Mentioning it now? Hmmm. Brings to mind HRC's "memory" of running across the tarmac in a hale of gunfire. Which never happened.

midnightman
01-22-2023, 07:36 PM
I read about one of the Miracles getting shot at trying to use the bathroom in one of the Motown biographies. I forget which one though, might've been Gerald Posner's book. But from what I remember reading, the Miracle that was shot at was Bobby Rogers, not Smokey.

arr&bee
01-24-2023, 06:31 PM
I used to hang with a guy who knew bobby from back in the day, and he said that bobby's ego was bigger than david ruffin's, so maybe that shot was aimed at him!!

motony
01-26-2023, 07:45 PM
I can tell you right now, that I knew Bobby Rogers in the 80's....and what a nice man. Smokey nor Bobby got shot at...the old red neck at the gas station just showed Bobby his shotgun. Everyone else was on the bus.Motortown Revue 1962.