PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Review ! I hope you like it !

test

Randy Holmes
06-13-2011, 03:31 PM
My Latest Review ! I hope you like it !

Here it is ladies and gentleman !

I hope you like it !

http://ranmanreviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/sugarfoot-sugar-kiss-1985-warner.html [[http://ranmanreviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/sugarfoot-sugar-kiss-1985-warner.html)

Randy Holmes:cool: ..... If this is the wrong thread to post my reviews, please let me know.

theboyfromxtown
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Randy

I like that friendly style. It's inviting. The review was also informative. Well done.

There is a lot of Detroit Motown fans here so remember to cater for us old-un's in your future reviews!

*smile*

stephanie
06-13-2011, 06:46 PM
I like your review better than I did the songs! Dont get me wrong I liked KISS better than the second song but I was sitting here waiting for a Ohio Players sound I guess. Nice reviews though I cant wait for more. I wanted to hear horns!

paladin
06-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Way to Go Randy, in my humble opinion you were too nice. Good job.........

PS: you were definitely on point about Owner of a Lonely heart, my song from back in the daze!

Randy Holmes
06-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Randy

I like that friendly style. It's inviting. The review was also informative. Well done.

There is a lot of Detroit Motown fans here so remember to cater for us old-un's in your future reviews!

*smile*

Hi T.B.F.X.T. !

Thank You Very Much for taking the time to read my review !! I appreciate it ! :-)

Ha Ha Ha !! LOL ! I think I could muster up something from the Motown Motor City archives ;-) ....... NO L'IL WAYNE !!!!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[SCARED LOOK ON MY FACE AND CHATTERING TEETH )))))))) ..... I think it's downright insulting to have his music attached to the Motown moniker !!! ..... But I'm sure that was a topic discussed here, so I'm not bring up old wounds :-[[

Randy Holmes
06-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I like your review better than I did the songs! Dont get me wrong I liked KISS better than the second song but I was sitting here waiting for a Ohio Players sound I guess. Nice reviews though I cant wait for more. I wanted to hear horns!

Thank You Stephanie !! :cool: ..... Ha Ha ! I'm an ex trombone player, so I know exactly what you mean! ;-) ..... I appreciate you taking the time to read my review ! :-)

RH

Randy Holmes
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Way to Go Randy, in my humble opinion you were too nice. Good job.........

PS: you were definitely on point about Owner of a Lonely heart, my song from back in the daze!

Thank You Very Much Paladin !!! I appreciate all your kind comments ! :D ..... I could smell a YES from 10,000 miles away ! :cool:

tamla617
06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
i just revisited sugar's lp.now i remember why!it was full of 80's cliches [[not suprising really!) the drums.
and i kept waiting for the ohio players to turn up.background info you maped out tho' was interesting.
you got me to dig deep for that lp.i started to get into some of the tracks and they just got lost,either his vocals or the silly "cartoon type" samples put me off.its not me looking back and thinking why did i like that.in 1986 i was thinking why did i buy it!
but i did enjoy your blog on it tho'!well done

Randy Holmes
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
i just revisited sugar's lp.now i remember why!it was full of 80's cliches [[not suprising really!) the drums.
and i kept waiting for the ohio players to turn up.background info you maped out tho' was interesting.
you got me to dig deep for that lp.i started to get into some of the tracks and they just got lost,either his vocals or the silly "cartoon type" samples put me off.its not me looking back and thinking why did i like that.in 1986 i was thinking why did i buy it!
but i did enjoy your blog on it tho'!well done

Hi Tamla,

Number one, thank you for taking the time to read my review, I appreciate it ! .... and yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly, the album REEKED '80's !! Particularly the drum programming, .... ahhhhhh the good ol Oberheim DMX Drum Machine ! There should be a shrine for that wood sided box !! LOL !

You have to remember Tamla, it was the mid '80's and the digital music technology, during that time period at least, was growing by leaps and bounds. They were phasing out, slowly but surely, the analog synthesizers of the '70's, and people [[musicians/producers) were experimenting like crazy ! ... some with great results, and some not so great.

Compared to the [[EXPLETIVE) we're hit with now ?!?! .... GIVE ME A 1985 recording ANYDAY !!!! LOL ! :cool:

Thank you again for your kind compliment ! I really appreciate it ! :D

Best,

RH

smooth
06-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Randy
I enjoyed your review of Sugar Kiss.
The project was very middle 80's in sound and programming.
You did a good job in reviewing the project fairly and accurately with a nice human touch.

Smooth

Randy Holmes
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Randy
I enjoyed your review of Sugar Kiss.
The project was very middle 80's in sound and programming.
You did a good job in reviewing the project fairly and accurately with a nice human touch.

Smooth

Oh man ! Thank You Smooth ! I appreciate it !:D
Depending on your taste in music, good music NEVER grows old ! :cool:

I appreciate your kind comments as well ! I'm going to continue to do my very best
when it comes to "The Music"

I have more forthcoming in my Roger Troutman Tribute Series of reviews !:cool:

Best,

RH